I have a problem with New Mutants movie

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 10:42 am

I like the X-Men movies, some of them at least. I mean it kinda went downhill when X3 came out and Wolverine didn't help however the franchise seem to have gotten back on track when First Class came out and then Days of Future Past, but then we got Apocalypse and I feel like I don't really care where the franchise is going now. However we've been given two awesome spin offs, Deadpool and Logan and I can definitely say I'm looking forward to seeing Deadpool 2. However with this New Mutants I'm not so sure. I'm not saying the movie will suck but it's been marketed as a horror movie and I have a problem with watching those. This might make me sound like a pansy but I'm a little scared of watching horror movies particularly for the jump scares. I mean I guess I could watch a horror movie at home if the volume was down and prepare myself but on a big screen with loud noises I might have a problem with that. I guess the solution is to not watch it and just wait for the DVD and watch it with the volume down but I've seen the previous movies on the big screen (even the first Wolverine though not the first one) and I'll definitely be checking out Deadpool 2 and X-Men: Dark Phoenix (which could turn out as flawed as Apocalypse but at least not scary) so wouldn't it make logical sense to watch it on the big screen? Let's just say I'm more interested in seeing Ant Man and the Wasp more because at least it won't be scary.