Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 2:47 am

So I know most people here don't go in for the nonverbal thing, but as some may know I have been trying to switch over completely, because my speech abilities are just a shambles and it's beginning to cause some real problems.
As most people don't know sign (and I was told it was actually rude to sign at a hearing/speaking person who doesn't know it - I didn't know that) I am reluctantly taking up a few apps to use my phone for communication.
One was "embiggen," which is just a text display app that shows up what I'm typing big and clear, so people can actually read it, as opposed to squinting at a tiny text message. That seems to be ok.
But even with predictive typing, manually typing things out is time consuming and sort of clumsy, especially when auto-correct randomly changes things to nonsensical alternatives.
I was after a better app to make typing things out in embiggen quicker and easier, to make communication faster nonverbal.
Came across this article - https://www.androidpit.com/best-sms-apps-android
Maybe something there could be useful, but as usual, I don't want all the crap - different emojis and scheduling and group messaging and so on. I really just want a way to type things out quicker and that's all.
Anyone use a texting app, or know of one that could help quicken up communicating via typing without all the padding?