Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

canzosis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Location: Green Bay, WI (for now) as of December 2017 Austin, TX

30 Oct 2017, 12:40 pm

Hey folks,

I'm new to the site, as you can probably tell. My bio has the longer form of it, but I was introduced by Michael John Carley. I was diagnosed when I was 8 to 11 or so (I remember the moment but not the exact age, my mind blurs out that time, was rough with parents getting divorced). I also have bipolar disorder.

I have never really interacted with other "Aspies" and I really never used the term neurotypical to label people before.

I've been a closed book on the kind of person I am, and it can really be an internal struggle. Mainly, social ties. I am odd that in I get very lonely without regular interpersonal contact with enjoyable people. I am a poor networker. Probably, because I only like to be topical, and not personal. I don't have strong ties to family, and I don't really want to have strong ties with them. I come from a very non-empathetic family. It has extended to me, I am wry, cynical, skeptical, and generally very critical. Luckily, I have some friends and a girlfriend who find this to be very funny.

I look forward to some of you opening my eyes, so to speak. I am a massive geek (what a surprise).

If anybody has advice/suggestions/etc. please reply below... I'm new to communicating with fellow Aspies.

I enjoy talking to people in real life more than online (weird, right?). It's more honest, and fascinating. I get to study body language and response styles. Hot take to other Aspies, I would assume.

P.S. I like to play Devil's Advocate. Don't enjoy echo chambers.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2017, 4:06 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

canzosis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Location: Green Bay, WI (for now) as of December 2017 Austin, TX

30 Oct 2017, 4:11 pm

Thanks for the welcome! I am looking forward to expanding my mind for the issue at hand. I hope self-victimization isn't overly present here. Facing reality is important! And having Aspergers can be pretty rad.

Life is tough in the neuro-typical world, but we can do it!

I find that some let their illness define them, when it should in fact be a part of the whole, since each person is unique. Constant complaining does nothing good. (But hey, I complain plenty).

Look forward to some great discussions.

I enjoy talking to people in real life more than online (weird, right?). It's more honest, and fascinating. I get to study body language and response styles. Hot take to other Aspies, I would assume.

P.S. I like to play Devil's Advocate. Don't enjoy echo chambers.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2017, 5:50 pm

^^

PM me anytime you want to write about anything. :)