Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 2:26 am

Sometimes somedays I look around and I think too much about getting something done in one day, and as the day progresses I don't do it because I didn't have enough time in that one day. What's the issue here? The issue is that I'm not thinking clearly with this problem.

See some things in this world you have to do it day by day to get results. You can't do it one day, and then a few days later and a month later to get a result. You have to constantly keep on working on it.

In college, some of my reading assignments were long and huge. I was intimidated by the size and the amount of time 24 hours has in one day. To me one day feels like 5 hours more so than 24 hours, so as time moves fast when I'm on the computer and slow when I'm at work or college, all of these things I keep on thinking about seem impossible to do as night falls and its time for me to sleep.

How do you fix this problem?

You do a little bit one day, a little bit the next day, and so on and so forth. Doing a little bit makes it more organized and easier to handle. When you zoom through that little bit you did, don't be overconfident and expect you can do more than you can, because you'll go back to the same problem I mentioned, guilt when you are about to head to bed. Problems get harder as they advance to the next stage so they may take longer to handle, so don't be overconfident that you'll zoom through it like you can the earlier stages.

So again a little bit each day and you'll get it finished. No more of this "I can do it all in one day" mentality.

And in College there is a reason why a small project that can be done in one day will stretch over to two weeks.