Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Boourns
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Nov 2017, 4:05 am

After reading a number of submissions made to the various discussion forums on the site, I think that it might be helpful to have either a site area of stickied thread which gives advice on how to or where to access services relating to Autism diagnosis and access to mental health services.

Conditions such as depression seem to be more common in the ASD community, and especially for those who may not have been officially diagnosed or, indeed, ever visited a health professional regarding mental health, I think that some direction in this area (at least insofar as what services might be on offer and what they mean) would be useful.

While I can't be certain, I think it's quite likely that there are some mental health professionals on this site. Might they be able to help here?

I apologise if this site area already exists, but if it does I think it might be better if it was more clearly signposted. Additionally, I'm not certain if such a thing would be appropriate for the site (does it fit the site's purpose?), as there are some at least tangentally related blog posts.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Nov 2017, 4:24 pm

Good ideas. Ideally there would be a stickied thread in the main forum about this sort of thing. Unfortunately the forum software will currently not allow for that.

Boourns
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Nov 2017, 5:07 am

Could it be done in a more lazy way? For example, a stickied post in appropriate forum areas containing a link to one 'main' post? This would at least mean that such a post would not be missed, and no changes to the forums' code would be required.

Again, while I do think that this would be beneficial, I'm not sure how it fits with the forum aims/goals. For example: Would including such information mean that these forums are then less a place for subjective discussion, and instead a place for objective information (would separation of fact and opinion be required or even possible)?