I think I embarrassed my brother on Facebook

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 1:08 am

So I was watching some old home videos of myself and my brother, and one of them was us being video'd during a birthday party, when we were little (I was 3 in the video). I decided to goof around and take a short video of it on my phone, and although the quality was bad, you can still make out who was who. Then I posted it on Facebook and tagged my brother, with a message saying how cute we were and something funny about me and my teddy bear I was holding.
A few days later my brother replied to it saying to take it off, in a matter of fact way. I didn't want to reply, so I just deleted the video from Facebook. I haven't had a chance to ask my brother why he didn't like it, but I don't see why he didn't like it because we were only little kids in the video, and I've posted a couple of old photos of me and my brother as little kids and he didn't mind that being posted on Facebook, and he called himself cute in the photos. Also both mine and his privacy seiings are activated so only friends can see our timelines, and the friends we have got aren't the other kids in our friends lists (well I only captured me and my brother anyway, and it was only a few seconds).

Did I break an unwritten rule?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 1:13 am

I, personally, feel that your brother is being a sourpuss.

I hope you didn't lose sleep over this.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 2:50 pm

I have lost sleep over it. Social faux pas worry me badly.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 4:12 pm

I don't believe you committed a faux pas.

Maybe your brother wanted you to keep family pictures private. Otherwise, I see no problem with what you did on Facebook.

I hope he can be rational enough to accept any apology you have to offer. Otherwise, I find that the guy gets upset over petty things.