Page 9 of 12 [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 3:53 am

sly279 wrote:
Outrider wrote:
Sly people have always been shallow and materialistic difference is its harder to be successful today than in the past, even for NTs.

8,000 years ago average man had to build shelter for his family, build weapons and canoes, go.out fishing and hunting every day with the boys and collect building materials and firewood.

1,000 years ago average medieval man was a peasant farmer who worked hard in the fields all day and came home to a wife and kids to have dinner.
They lived in a village near their landlord and boss of the farm.

You didn't need to.study 4-6 years for a degree, didn't need to.fill out a job application. You didnt need to be educated at all. In fact average medieval farmer was poor and illiterate

50 years ago college was for the rich kids and wasn't needed for a job.

2017?

College is MORE expensive then back then but you NEED a degree for.most jobs.

Inflation means everything costs more than it use to so a dollar won't get you as far anymore.

Housing is more expensive than ever, electricity is very expensive today in Australia, there are less jobs than unemployed people, cities are bigger, more developed and more crowded meaning it takes hours to drive to work now in some cities.

Not always there was a whole generation of women that fought so they could marry for love so they could marry poor men they loved rather then wealthy men their parents picked.

Don’t need more then two min wage employed people and a ok appartment. Why do most women need multiple cars, a big house, vacations to Europe, etc. why
What’s somfreaking wrong with a happy simple life.

You would obviously prefer a typical rural woman.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 5:09 am

hurtloam wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:
I would prefer it if they did tell me about their feelings, especially if it was something I could help with. If they did it the same way I often see men do here, it would probably get on my nerves a bit

Why? What is specific about how they do the venting on here.

Well I might be wrong, but to me it sometimes looks like people here complain just for the sake of complaining and letting out steam without really looking for advice (but I might be wrong of course; maybe it just looks that way.) I get it that sometimes it's necessary, but I don't really like it... now that I think about it, putting it this way makes it sound like I'm the problem. Actually, I probably am the problem. People do have the right to just complain on a public forum as long as it doesn't break the forum's rules.

But the point is that I don't want men (or women) to complain to me in person if they just want to let some steam out and aren't looking for advice. If they think I can't do anything about it then why waste their time and mine by telling me about it?

So yeah, complaining here without really looking for advice is okay, but complaining to me without wanting my opinion on the matter is not.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 5:34 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Who's James Damore?

I posted a link further back in the thread. Keep up Pet. ;)

I wouldn't be defending him. His memo was rife with scientific accuracy.

Even if his assertions were true when averaged across the whole population that doesn't make them true when applied to individuals.

This is such a dumb statement I don't even know where to begin...

First of all, look up the studies, stop saying "even if".

The second part gets me like: Well of course! THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS.

That's like saying: "even though the average person lives to 75, there's no guarantee that I'll live to 75"

well, YEAH, BUT IT'S STILL MORE LIKELY THAT YOU'LL LIVE TO 75, THAN DROP DEAD AT 40 ISN'T IT.

The same way, if we take a random woman and man, it's more likely that she will score higher in neuroticism and agreeableness.

It's impossible to have a proper discussion about anything without generalizing.

Jesus christ retro, you make my blood boil. :evil:

Last edited by Closet Genious on 18 Nov 2017, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 6:19 am

Outrider wrote:
I'm sure many aspie women feel lonely too and don't like it.

But...where ARE they?

This is one of the biggest aspie sites on the internet. Love & Dating is one of the most fullest sections

I see autistic women struggle IN a relationship here but ones that can't get a boyfriend at all?

Did you call for me? ´Cause I'm one of those single aspie women who are lonely and do want a relationship. The biggest reasons I don't really bring it up here much are:
1. While I do want a partner, it is not top priority in my life right now. While it would be nice to meet someone, say, tomorrow, I think I need to get my life under control before I can be a good partner to any man, so I am not really in a hurry to find anyone.
2. Just like Karathraceandherspecialdestiny (is it okay to just say Kara? That name is too long for me to remember) said, there are some women (or at least me) who are discouraged by from posting their own experiences and feelings here because of what others here say. All that stuff about how a woman can easily get a man as long as they aren't too picky and aim for guys way out of their league are very discouraging.

Quote:
Don’t need more then two min wage employed people and a ok appartment. Why do most women need multiple cars, a big house, vacations to Europe, etc. why

There's nothing wrong with it. Still, tell me, Sly, what's wrong with wanting those things? What's wrong with wanting to have a big house or wanting trips to far away, foregeing countries? If you don't want them then that's fine, but why should someone who wants these things not aim for them? I don't think it's any surprising that people want to be with others who want the same kind of life they want; in fact I think it's natural. It's also natural to aim for a partner who can help one to get what they want. To some those things are very materialistic and to some they are more on an emotional level, but in the end I think that everyone looks for a partner that can "offer" them something they can't reach on their own.

Besides, I'm pretty sure you once said you bought a new TV so you could get some kind of game console work on it, didn't you? Why did you do this? What was wrong with your old TV and not having this game console? You don't really need games in your life, so why have it, especially if you had to spend even more money on a new TV to get it work? I think the answer is simple: you did it because you could and because you wanted to. If it's okay for you to want to play with this game console then why wouldn't it be okay for other people to want new cars, big house and trips? They are all things that people don't need in order to survive after all.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 7:14 am

Fireblossom wrote:
Outrider wrote:

But...where ARE they?

This is one of the biggest aspie sites on the internet. Love & Dating is one of the most fullest sections

I see autistic women struggle IN a relationship here but ones that can't get a boyfriend at all?

Did you call for me? ´Cause I'm one of those single aspie women who are lonely and do want a relationship. The biggest reasons I don't really bring it up here much are:
1. While I do want a partner, it is not top priority in my life right now. While it would be nice to meet someone, say, tomorrow, I think I need to get my life under control before I can be a good partner to any man, so I am not really in a hurry to find anyone.
2. Just like Karathraceandherspecialdestiny (is it okay to just say Kara? That name is too long for me to remember) said, there are some women (or at least me) who are discouraged by from posting their own experiences and feelings here because of what others here say. All that stuff about how a woman can easily get a man as long as they aren't too picky and aim for guys way out of their league are very discouraging.

Quote:

There's nothing wrong with it. Still, tell me, Sly, what's wrong with wanting those things? What's wrong with wanting to have a big house or wanting trips to far away, foregeing countries? If you don't want them then that's fine, but why should someone who wants these things not aim for them? I don't think it's any surprising that people want to be with others who want the same kind of life they want; in fact I think it's natural. It's also natural to aim for a partner who can help one to get what they want. To some those things are very materialistic and to some they are more on an emotional level, but in the end I think that everyone looks for a partner that can "offer" them something they can't reach on their own.

Besides, I'm pretty sure you once said you bought a new TV so you could get some kind of game console work on it, didn't you? Why did you do this? What was wrong with your old TV and not having this game console? You don't really need games in your life, so why have it, especially if you had to spend even more money on a new TV to get it work? I think the answer is simple: you did it because you could and because you wanted to. If it's okay for you to want to play with this game console then why wouldn't it be okay for other people to want new cars, big house and trips? They are all things that people don't need in order to survive after all.

O boy, have you received tons of PMs from lonely guys already?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 8:14 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

No, I haven't. What makes you ask?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 8:58 am

Fireblossom wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

No, I haven't. What makes you ask?

Nevermind....

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 9:12 am

Fireblossom wrote:
Outrider wrote:

But...where ARE they?

Same here and also not bringing it up much for the same reasons.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 9:21 am

hurtloam wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
He’s idiot, even if there’s some truths in what he wrote, what made him to write it in the first place? What’s the motif? He just destroyed his career.

What a stupid move.

Engineers shouldn’t mingle their careers with gender politics or other controversial issues.

I wondered that too. But I found out Google had asked for employees to give feedback on some policies. Most people would know there is a line, but literal aspie thinks ok yeah I will give you some feedback if you want. Then is confused when well researched feedback is not received well.

Then how Google themselves explain why 80% of their engineers are male?

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 9:31 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
So why are women ok with being single? I can think of 4 possible answers.

1. Some have suggested that women who want a partner can get a partner easily, this would mean that the only women who remain single are those who want to be single. However, I don't believe this is true.

2. There are single women who do want a partner but they don't say so because they're afraid they'll be criticised by feminists. They've heard other women say "I need a man like a fish needs a bicycle" so they don't want to say they do need a man. They don't want to appear dependant.

3. It has been said that women are more choosy about when, if and with whom they enter a relationship because women bear a higher cost in producing offspring. I cannot confirm or deny this hypothesis, I can only say that I'd be terrified if someone was going to put a 5 pound parasite in me.

4. Maybe men feel a greater need to get a partner because our culture says that successful men have a partner (it does not say that about women). There's a lot of virgin shaming, mostly from men and occasionally from women. This shame might make a man who's only casually interested in getting a girlfriend desperate for a girlfriend.

2. is definitely true. I wouldn't mention being single and not because I might want to towards strangers for precisely this reason. Some feminists just don't react nicely to it at all and act like you are sabotaging their women's rights movement if you say you're not single because you want to and you're female.
It's also not necessarily good to mention it toward males. They'll usually not get mad at an involuntarily single woman but some may over interpret it. As a woman if you're not into casual sex with strangers not mentioning being single avoids misunderstandings(not trying to say that anything worse than an awkward moment of having to explain - no that's not what I meant - would happen but still, I prefer not to have such awkward moments).

3 is probably true too. Though some men on here seem to be quite extreme in their willingness to date pretty much anyone. I don't think most men I meet in real life have that few standards (but most men I meet in real life are university students and they are on average above average in attractiveness).

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 9:47 am

NorthWind wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

1. Some have suggested that women who want a partner can get a partner easily, this would mean that the only women who remain single are those who want to be single. However, I don't believe this is true.

2. There are single women who do want a partner but they don't say so because they're afraid they'll be criticised by feminists. They've heard other women say "I need a man like a fish needs a bicycle" so they don't want to say they do need a man. They don't want to appear dependant.

3. It has been said that women are more choosy about when, if and with whom they enter a relationship because women bear a higher cost in producing offspring. I cannot confirm or deny this hypothesis, I can only say that I'd be terrified if someone was going to put a 5 pound parasite in me.

4. Maybe men feel a greater need to get a partner because our culture says that successful men have a partner (it does not say that about women). There's a lot of virgin shaming, mostly from men and occasionally from women. This shame might make a man who's only casually interested in getting a girlfriend desperate for a girlfriend.

2. is definitely true. I wouldn't mention being single and not because I might want to towards strangers for precisely this reason. Some feminists just don't react nicely to it at all and act like you are sabotaging their women's rights movement if you say you're not single because you want to and you're female.
It's also not necessarily good to mention it toward males. They'll usually not get mad at an involuntarily single woman but some may over interpret it. As a woman if you're not into casual sex with strangers not mentioning being single avoids misunderstandings(not trying to say that anything worse than an awkward moment of having to explain - no that's not what I meant - would happen but still, I prefer not to have such awkward moments).

3 is probably true too. Though some men on here seem to be quite extreme in their willingness to date pretty much anyone. I don't think most men I meet in real life have that few standards (but most men I meet in real life are university students and they are on average above average in attractiveness).

So is it because of 2 we don’t see many single women venting in the Women’s forum?

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 9:49 am

sly279 wrote:
It’s hopeless situation . I won’t stop talking about it. I live it every day it’s hell. Venting about it is the only minor escape I get. If women who don’t do thst want to take it personal i dont know what to do it’s not about you, it’s anout me and thos millions of women who judge men on their job and life status. I don’t rape women so when women talk about all the guys who raped them I don’t take it personal. Why can’t women here just be like I don’t do thst so it’s not about me, unless they do do it and that’s why they get upset cause they feel in the right to judge men based on a archaic system
It confuses me.

I'm not getting upset with what you're saying here, but yes I think everyone, no matter what gender, has a right to decide by what criterion they choose a partner. If women are more choosy than men, that's unfortunate for perpetually single men, but it doesn't make them evil or wrong. It's an individuals choice and all men and women make it - just on average women are more choosy.
I don't think a man is a bad person either if he wouldn't date me due to my acne or my social awkwardness or for whatever other reason and there are many many men who wouldn't date me. It's their choice and their right.

Of course some people might apply criterion that are not good for themselves and they might be constantly single because of actually unrealistically high expectations or they might end up in abusive relationships due to ignoring obvious red flags.

Either way, a man working retail would not be a deal breaker for me but I wouldn't get into a relationship with someone if I think I can be happier alone than with him and I think I have every right to do so.

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 9:58 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
NorthWind wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

So is it because of 2 we don’t see many single women venting in the Women’s forum?

Maybe to a some extent, but I think it applies more in real life than on the internet. I'm not denying that there might be more men who are severely depressed due to being involuntarily single, I'm just saying that, if it seems like all women who are single like being single, that's probably not the whole story.
I personally don't frequent the women's forum thus I don't have a clue or an opinion about what is talked about there and why.
Reason 4 on Retrogamers list may also be very relevant but as I'm not a man I have no personal experience with it. Quite a few men on WP mentioned something about other people's expectations and social status in their reasons for being unhappy single though.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 10:12 am

NorthWind wrote:
I think everyone, no matter what gender, has a right to decide by what criterion they choose a partner. If women are more choosy than men, that's unfortunate for perpetually single men, but it doesn't make them evil or wrong.

Either way, a man working retail would not be a deal breaker for me but I wouldn't get into a relationship with someone if I think I can be happier alone than with him and I think I have every right to do so.

Well said.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 1:57 pm

NorthWind wrote:
sly279 wrote:
It’s hopeless situation . I won’t stop talking about it. I live it every day it’s hell. Venting about it is the only minor escape I get. If women who don’t do thst want to take it personal i dont know what to do it’s not about you, it’s anout me and thos millions of women who judge men on their job and life status. I don’t rape women so when women talk about all the guys who raped them I don’t take it personal. Why can’t women here just be like I don’t do thst so it’s not about me, unless they do do it and that’s why they get upset cause they feel in the right to judge men based on a archaic system
It confuses me.

I'm not getting upset with what you're saying here, but yes I think everyone, no matter what gender, has a right to decide by what criterion they choose a partner. If women are more choosy than men, that's unfortunate for perpetually single men, but it doesn't make them evil or wrong. It's an individuals choice and all men and women make it - just on average women are more choosy.
I don't think a man is a bad person either if he wouldn't date me due to my acne or my social awkwardness or for whatever other reason and there are many many men who wouldn't date me. It's their choice and their right.

Of course some people might apply criterion that are not good for themselves and they might be constantly single because of actually unrealistically high expectations or they might end up in abusive relationships due to ignoring obvious red flags.

Just cause it’s a right doesn’t make it not wrong
It’s a right to say racist things but it’s wrong to.
So I do think superficial women are wrong, it’s their right to be superficial and think they better then men, same as that kkk member has a right to think he’s better then colored people. Neither is morally right. But the bill of rights protects freedom not morality. So don’t misunderstand me as saying they don’t have the right to be superficial and picky, but I also have the right to point out how it makes them a horrible person. Rights work both ways. I think most people would say a white person refusing to date colored people is racist and wrong. A lot of women are classist.

But why do you feel you’d be happier alone then with a low paid guy?
I meet 90% of women’s list of requirements for their ideal guy except the job, car, etc.
So it seems if they take ou the superficial stuff I’d make them quite happy, I have the personality they want, and I’d make them laugh and smile all the time. Seems to me they’re only hurting themselves by rejecting their idea guy personality in search of that guy with a good job. If they gave me and other guys a chance they might find they’d be quite happy despite the lower paying job.

Also reply in general I might add men here are constantly told by women to just date fat ugly women. It’s implied a lot that our singlnesss is cause we only try to date super hot attractive model looking women. And in fair ness when I see women on here who are super picky I’ll point out that It’s likely why they’re single, same as I did to that guy who only wants blond super thin attractive women. If you extremely limit your dating pool you only blame yourself especially when you limit it people who due to meeting all your requirements have great many options. Example. Those thin well off guys have millions of women to choose from. Why would they date a chubby ok looking woman vs a actual model? Likewise for guys that blond model would rather date football players or highly successful men. Both avagery,en and women aim too high ignoring average men and women. All this means is mostly only attractive and middle class and up people get relationships.

I could spend my life waiting for the lottery or I could choose to accept a min wage job.
I accept reality which is something a lot of women need to do. And I won’t date some $40-50 old women who who realize in old age their mistake and goof for guys like me. No thanks. 35 is as old as I’ll live single. If I get a gf or wife before them I’ll keep living otherwise I have no wish to live past 35 or date older women. I won’t reward bad behavior. I want youthful love so that means I need a woman 20-35, preferywith few past relationships so she also has that youthful first experience excitement. Not some 40 old woman who spent her life waiting for me perfect only to realize he doesn’t exist and better settle quick so she can have something. I’m not a participation ribbon. I want to be truely wanted. So women will probably be angry but is what it is. I just want what everyone else got in their 20s that’s all I want, maybe after I’ll be ok with serious settling down relationships with no fun or excitement. I’m not compatible with such women. They had 20 or more relationships and got all the youthfulness excitement and fun I haven’t. They just find me irritating and less of a man as my idea relationship is the one people had at 16. That’s the state of mind I’m in. And probably why I get alone better with 19-25 old women as they still also in that state of mind.

Realistically it’s an impossibility at this point even if some woman did show interest it’s already too late. I should have killed myself at 25-30.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 3:23 pm

^