Page 6 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 8:26 pm

Tollorin wrote:
Lintar wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Whether I'm in a comfort zone or not, the fact remains, RT is disseminates what Putin wants it to, and he's in the process of smothering liberty in Russia.

Oh for goodness sake, why should we believe this claim of yours? It is not a fact that R.T. only "disseminates what Putin wants it to". Where did you get that idea from? You've obviously never viewed a single news-clip from R.T. in your entire life!

In my own country people often complain about the government-controlled A.B.C., that it is extremely "Left-wing" and generally unreliable because it pushes a Labour Party agenda. Whilst the claim may have some merit, due to the fact that a couple of the more popular programmes (ex. Q&A) are hosted by left-wingers, overall the quality is second-to-none, and they make an effort, even if they do not always succeed, to remain impartial. There are NO advertisements constantly interrupting your viewing, and the quality of the shows they produce and screen leave the commercial stations in the dust. I tend to think of R.T. as being of this calibre. It is not - NOT - a Putin propaganda outlet, in spite of what certain Democrats in the U.S. may say about it. Please DO try to get your facts right before spouting off here!

In Australia peoples and journalists are not killed by the state simply for having opinions against their government.

Yes, they have been killed, and I wouldn't deny this, but this is a separate issue. It is believed, by those who have investigated these deaths, that the journalists in question came uncomfortably close to exposing the truth about the 1999 Moscow apartment bombings and its connection with the rise of Putin back then. Vlad Putin is a horrible person, there is no doubt about that, but the situation regarding R.T. is not as it is in - for example - North Korea, where the state really does control everything that is said and done. The worst accusation that could be levelled against R.T. is that it sees everything from a Russian perspective and that it's sources are not always reliable or impartial, but this can be said about any news organisation. It's a matter of degree. Some are more truthful than others, and I have found R.T. to be more reliable than most. They actually do their research, they do not have journalists making (incredibly basic) factual errors, as most news services in the West are now notorious for.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 11:40 pm

Lintar wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Lintar wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Whether I'm in a comfort zone or not, the fact remains, RT is disseminates what Putin wants it to, and he's in the process of smothering liberty in Russia.

Oh for goodness sake, why should we believe this claim of yours? It is not a fact that R.T. only "disseminates what Putin wants it to". Where did you get that idea from? You've obviously never viewed a single news-clip from R.T. in your entire life!

In my own country people often complain about the government-controlled A.B.C., that it is extremely "Left-wing" and generally unreliable because it pushes a Labour Party agenda. Whilst the claim may have some merit, due to the fact that a couple of the more popular programmes (ex. Q&A) are hosted by left-wingers, overall the quality is second-to-none, and they make an effort, even if they do not always succeed, to remain impartial. There are NO advertisements constantly interrupting your viewing, and the quality of the shows they produce and screen leave the commercial stations in the dust. I tend to think of R.T. as being of this calibre. It is not - NOT - a Putin propaganda outlet, in spite of what certain Democrats in the U.S. may say about it. Please DO try to get your facts right before spouting off here!

As Putin is a strongman with totalitarian ambitions, and as he controls the Russian government, it's hardly a leap to suggest that RT, as the official media organ of the Russian state, is Putin's propaganda machine.
The difference between Australia and Russia is. Australia is a democracy with a long history of free government, whereas democracy seems to have failed in Russia.

In other words, you have absolutely no evidence to back up your claim.

You're welcome to your opinion, but I insist on having mine.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 2:52 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Pretty much all the lies, propaganda and disinformation comes from the mainstream/corporate media in the West. Some journalists have said they have been told what they could and couldn't say on the BBC, but didn't have that problem on RT. And if you actually knew what you were talking about, you'd be able to see that for yourself. You really ought to get out of your comfort zone and watch and read stuff you disagree with.

As far as I'm concerned, the alleged freedom to criticize Putin on RT is more of a tactic to appear to be the free press in order to disguise what it really is: the propaganda arm of a strongman regime.

You have no evidence for that, like you though Putin controlled the US election. Plus, you can't make that assertion until you've seen a lot of RT.
Well that's just another guess based on nothing.

As I know that Putin is a totalitarian strongman who is interested in promoting his own social/political/economic agenda, as well as his cult of personality, I see no reason whatsoever to trust RT which is his public mouthpiece. I know Fox Noise by reputation, so I don't have to watch it to know that. Same with RT, as I can judge that media outlet by Putin himself, as well as his agenda for aforementioned reasons.

That's just a mixture of your own conspiracy theories and guesses. The stations in the US are the mouthpiece of the US establishment, but you watch and trust them and that's more worrying.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 2:54 pm

Lintar wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
Lintar wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

In Australia peoples and journalists are not killed by the state simply for having opinions against their government.

Yes, they have been killed, and I wouldn't deny this, but this is a separate issue. It is believed, by those who have investigated these deaths, that the journalists in question came uncomfortably close to exposing the truth about the 1999 Moscow apartment bombings and its connection with the rise of Putin back then. Vlad Putin is a horrible person, there is no doubt about that, but the situation regarding R.T. is not as it is in - for example - North Korea, where the state really does control everything that is said and done. The worst accusation that could be levelled against R.T. is that it sees everything from a Russian perspective and that it's sources are not always reliable or impartial, but this can be said about any news organisation. It's a matter of degree. Some are more truthful than others, and I have found R.T. to be more reliable than most. They actually do their research, they do not have journalists making (incredibly basic) factual errors, as most news services in the West are now notorious for.

Yep. RT got it right about Syria while our news stations were feeding us lies and propaganda about 'the last doctor/hospital in Allepo' nonsense.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 5:57 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Pretty much all the lies, propaganda and disinformation comes from the mainstream/corporate media in the West. Some journalists have said they have been told what they could and couldn't say on the BBC, but didn't have that problem on RT. And if you actually knew what you were talking about, you'd be able to see that for yourself. You really ought to get out of your comfort zone and watch and read stuff you disagree with.

As far as I'm concerned, the alleged freedom to criticize Putin on RT is more of a tactic to appear to be the free press in order to disguise what it really is: the propaganda arm of a strongman regime.

You have no evidence for that, like you though Putin controlled the US election. Plus, you can't make that assertion until you've seen a lot of RT.

As I know that Putin is a totalitarian strongman who is interested in promoting his own social/political/economic agenda, as well as his cult of personality, I see no reason whatsoever to trust RT which is his public mouthpiece. I know Fox Noise by reputation, so I don't have to watch it to know that. Same with RT, as I can judge that media outlet by Putin himself, as well as his agenda for aforementioned reasons.

That's just a mixture of your own conspiracy theories and guesses. The stations in the US are the mouthpiece of the US establishment, but you watch and trust them and that's more worrying.

Says who?

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 9:16 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Yes, Putin Russia and the West, as well as The Strongman.(author,- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_Roxburgh) this link may be fed from the new York times,https://nypost.com/2017/12/11/putin-says-he-will-start-pulling-russian-forces-from-syria/amp/ BUT, my other link has been sourced initially from a Daily Telegraph writer back in 2012, so is this new news? No, but still valid. (If disputing journalistic media).
A Russian women magazine/writer disputed the book, because it didn't capture any of Putin's cute personality, like wanting to join the KGB and how he wanted to be a spy, to spy on other governments. She made an impact selling a book,The Man Without a Face, depicting Putin as The Godfather of The Mafia.
A woman, with a taste for Kremlinology with writer status for being anti everything in her home arena.

The gift of foresight is actually in Roxburgh's material. One I did like and recall was http://www.angusroxburgh.com/journalism ... pt_it.html
He predicted all it would take, before the referendum that if Scotland voted for independence, Europe would accept Scotland as an independent nation.. no goal there for Sturgeon thus far.

With regard to the single currency there is no reason why anyone should force Scotland to give up the UK opt-out, nor any reason why Scotland should be forced to join the euro if, like Sweden, it didn’t want to.

Nothing is set in stone in the EU. It is a giant piece of putty, to be moulded to every situation. As no country has ever split while being a member, there is no precedent for the situation that will arise if Scotland votes for independence. That being the case, a tortuous overnight Brussels summit will come up with a solution, just before daybreak. That’s how it always works.

Umm... Roxburgh, might have to rewind that initiative a little, before a credible source can be argued. No one seems to mind a bit of banter, but the stirring up is all in Russia's extreme military fan base.. along with illusionist fake nationalist supremacy. A bit of banter, and you have a Tolstoy for disaster.