Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sex

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 7:25 am

Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.

I wrote this for the religious forum but it seems to be a question that I should have put to Republicans as they are exhibiting the same vile morality as pedophile priests and the religious who ignore morality to feed their tribal needs.

Do you see any difference in the immoral and unethical position of both groups?

How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?

I find it quite strange that Christian, Muslims and Jews can ignore the immoral ways that their God is shown to have in the Bible, Qur’an and Talmud.

If you have read any of the critical books on God, you will have seen God described with some rather disingenuous terms that, if applied to a man, would see that man executed by any moral government in quick order. The Buddhist saying that if you ever meet God, kill him seems quite fitting. Frankly, I think killing him without making him suffer for a time would be too good for him. If hell were real, that would be a better end for him as mankind would surely need to see that torture to gain real closure for God’s crimes against humanity. This aside.

I can appreciate the value for society of local churches, mosques and temples but cannot fathom why lying priests, preachers and imams try to sell their God as a good God, when he is obviously more satanic than Satan. Perhaps scripture speak at least one truth in that the whole world would be deceived by Satan and his lying preachers and imams. Not that I believe in Satan.

As a Gnostic Christian, my focus has been to try to become a Parfait, a perfected moral man, using the methods Jesus taught. It has been a long climb up Jacob’s ladder and apotheosis put me up one rung and I have tried to climb higher, but seem to have stalled due to my inability to find arguments that are persuasive enough to loosen Satan’s grip on the minds of Christians, Muslims and Jews. Their need of fellowship is stronger than their work on their moral sense and they stay in their religions even though they know that their God is immoral and not worthy of their idol worship. This Gnostic Christian truth is not a flattering epithet for God, which is likely what cause their destruction by Inquisition.

The truth hurts the religious even when given with a loving touch. I am not that good at that but have seen good honest lovers of Christ get verbally abused by theists. They think hate is motivating those who speak against their God even when love is the motivator. Hate is born of love, and the Gnostic hate of God is justified on moral grounds, and the attempted correction of a believers moral sense and their thinking is done out of love. They forget that that is how Jesus was and how that love driven expression of hate with what he saw around him almost got him killed at the hands of the Jews. So the myth says.

The fact that I have had many theists resist entering into moral argument of their God indicates that they know that their God is immoral. I can appreciate that once a person accepts the fellowship that his tribal nature seeks, and he can survive without having better morals, he is loath to jeopardize the comfort zone he has created for himself. The problem is that theists are living in self-deception and for one who seeks or has attained Gnosis, a deeper knowing of himself, self-deception is basically not allowed. That is why I have to bother fighting a fight that is almost un-winnable.

If you have an answer to the question I posed at the onset, please enlighten me as I am quite disappointed to see so many living in self-deception and without Gnosis, and following Gods who are demonstrably more Satan like than God like.

In the terrible days that we will face from environmental degradation that will soon be upon us, a new and moral God will be required and we presently do not have one.

I recognize that our tribal and fellowship needs are quite strong and a part of our basic instincts. Do you have any idea as to how we can break Satan’s hold on Christians, Muslims and Jews and change their fellowship and tribal needs to a need for a God with decent moral values?

Regards
DL

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Nov 2017, 5:18 am

I don't think your thread will get taken seriously with a title like this. It doesn't seem to gel very well with the content of your thread and you should consider changing the subject heading, as you're not really talking about either Republicans or pedophile priests.

I'm not American, neither do I particularly care very much for the Republican Party, but you ought to be aware how the GOP changed over the years. It used to be the party of Lincoln, the party which abolished slavery and had mostly Northern support. They were almost unknown in some Southern states where the traditional Democrats were for the most part deeply conservative and anti-civil rights. Eventually the two parties swopped positions and now the Republicans are mostly Southern while the North-East and west coast are Democratic.

Sorry, but this also seems to be a bit of a sidetrack on my part but it's something I always find rather interesting.

Regarding the main text of your post, I think things are slowly but surely changing to a more caring and inclusive Christianity. People are slowly starting to realize that we have to care for the environment if we hope to keep the Earth a haven for higher living organisms. Perhaps it's too little too late but let's be positive that we can halt the runaway train.

It takes conscious effort. My mom recycles, even though she's highly fundamentalist and not only things the world's 6000 years old but also takes all the other stuff pretty literally and at face value. I have to accept that I can't change that.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

GoSensGo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Nov 2017, 11:17 am

Sorry, but there has been so much vile sex crimes on both sides of the political spectrum that it is asinine to suggest that one side has more of a propensity to commit these offences. Very narrow minded.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 3:22 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
I don't think your thread will get taken seriously with a title like this. It doesn't seem to gel very well with the content of your thread and you should consider changing the subject heading, as you're not really talking about either Republicans or pedophile priests.

I'm not American, neither do I particularly care very much for the Republican Party, but you ought to be aware how the GOP changed over the years. It used to be the party of Lincoln, the party which abolished slavery and had mostly Northern support. They were almost unknown in some Southern states where the traditional Democrats were for the most part deeply conservative and anti-civil rights. Eventually the two parties swopped positions and now the Republicans are mostly Southern while the North-East and west coast are Democratic.

Sorry, but this also seems to be a bit of a sidetrack on my part but it's something I always find rather interesting.

Regarding the main text of your post, I think things are slowly but surely changing to a more caring and inclusive Christianity. People are slowly starting to realize that we have to care for the environment if we hope to keep the Earth a haven for higher living organisms. Perhaps it's too little too late but let's be positive that we can halt the runaway train.

It takes conscious effort. My mom recycles, even though she's highly fundamentalist and not only things the world's 6000 years old but also takes all the other stuff pretty literally and at face value. I have to accept that I can't change that.

Thanks for this.

One cannot change anything if he is defeated before even starting.

I agree that the morality world wide is getting better.

The U.S. as the leader of the free world should be ahead of others in this yet the Republicans show a backward step instead of a forward step.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 3:30 pm

GoSensGo wrote:
Sorry, but there has been so much vile sex crimes on both sides of the political spectrum that it is asinine to suggest that one side has more of a propensity to commit these offences. Very narrow minded.

You are correct in that both side are in the same boat, but if you look at how the Republicans reacted, with spite and malice against their many accusers as well as lies, compared to how the Democrats replied, with remorse and apology, moral equivalence goes out the window and the Republicans look a lot worse than the Democrats.

Regards
DL

chromanebula

21 Nov 2017, 1:40 am

GnosticBishop wrote:

I find it quite strange that Christian, Muslims and Jews can ignore the immoral ways that their God is shown to have in the Bible, Qur’an and Talmud.

If you have read any of the critical books on God, you will have seen God described with some rather disingenuous terms that, if applied to a man, would see that man executed by any moral government in quick order. The Buddhist saying that if you ever meet God, kill him seems quite fitting. Frankly, I think killing him without making him suffer for a time would be too good for him. If hell were real, that would be a better end for him as mankind would surely need to see that torture to gain real closure for God’s crimes against humanity. This aside.

I can appreciate the value for society of local churches, mosques and temples but cannot fathom why lying priests, preachers and imams try to sell their God as a good God, when he is obviously more satanic than Satan. Perhaps scripture speak at least one truth in that the whole world would be deceived by Satan and his lying preachers and imams. Not that I believe in Satan...

If you have an answer to the question I posed at the onset, please enlighten me...

You have to remember, GnosticBishop, that not every part of the Bible is to be taken literally. In particular, the passages of the Old Testament were written by Israelites, who were favored by God but in many ways acted like everybody else. They were tribal and warlike, and they used their faith to make excuses for it. Similarly, many clergy today hide their evil actions behind the cloak of religion. That doesn't make religion itself evil, any more than the Orange Abomination makes American patriotism or even the American spirit evil. Jesus, whom you say you follow, affirmed the teachings of the Pharisees even while condemning their actions in the most scathing terms possible (see the Gospel of Matthew, chapter 23). So the problem is not religious ideals, but rather the universal human failure to live up to the moral ideal.

GnosticBishop wrote:
As a Gnostic Christian, my focus has been to try to become a Parfait, a perfected moral man, using the methods Jesus taught. It has been a long climb up Jacob’s ladder and apotheosis put me up one rung and I have tried to climb higher, but seem to have stalled due to my inability to find arguments that are persuasive enough to loosen Satan’s grip on the minds of Christians, Muslims and Jews. Their need of fellowship is stronger than their work on their moral sense and they stay in their religions even though they know that their God is immoral and not worthy of their idol worship. This Gnostic Christian truth is not a flattering epithet for God, which is likely what cause their destruction by Inquisition.

The truth hurts the religious even when given with a loving touch. I am not that good at that but have seen good honest lovers of Christ get verbally abused by theists. They think hate is motivating those who speak against their God even when love is the motivator. Hate is born of love, and the Gnostic hate of God is justified on moral grounds, and the attempted correction of a believers moral sense and their thinking is done out of love. They forget that that is how Jesus was and how that love driven expression of hate with what he saw around him almost got him killed at the hands of the Jews. So the myth says.

The fact that I have had many theists resist entering into moral argument of their God indicates that they know that their God is immoral. I can appreciate that once a person accepts the fellowship that his tribal nature seeks, and he can survive without having better morals, he is loath to jeopardize the comfort zone he has created for himself. The problem is that theists are living in self-deception and for one who seeks or has attained Gnosis, a deeper knowing of himself, self-deception is basically not allowed. That is why I have to bother fighting a fight that is almost un-winnable...I am quite disappointed to see so many living in self-deception and without Gnosis, and following Gods who are demonstrably more Satan like than God like.

I belong to the Church because I do not live in self-deception. That is, I do not deceive myself into believing that I am perfect, or that I can attain perfection on my own. I can (and should) strive to be as perfect as I can be, but humans are inherently flawed. Think of the most perfect mortal human ever to exist (other than Jesus and Mary), and I guarantee you that even that person will have skeletons in their closet. How can we atone for those on our own? More importantly, how can we get rid of the poison in our souls that makes us fall short of the moral ideal? (By "the poison in our souls" I mean our deadly dispositions: gluttony, sloth, greed, lust, wrath, envy and most especially pride). Because of these dispositions and because of ignorance, even our consciences can become corrupted, thinking wrong is right and right is wrong. This is not to say that we are totally depraved; the properly-working human conscience is a beautiful thing, for from it flows all heroism. Nevertheless, no two people have the exact same views on morality. There cannot be multiple truths, so at most one person's conscience is perfect. But how would we know who that person or structure is, except if he had been given authority from the ultimate source of morality? Jesus gave that authority to the Church, which is why I stay. Even as I have a few minor points of dispute, I know that the moral law is not mine to decide on my own.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 9:21 am

chromanebula wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:

I can appreciate the value for society of local churches, mosques and temples but cannot fathom why lying priests, preachers and imams try to sell their God as a good God, when he is obviously more satanic than Satan. Perhaps scripture speak at least one truth in that the whole world would be deceived by Satan and his lying preachers and imams. Not that I believe in Satan...

If you have an answer to the question I posed at the onset, please enlighten me...

You have to remember, GnosticBishop, that not every part of the Bible is to be taken literally. In particular, the passages of the Old Testament were written by Israelites, who were favored by God but in many ways acted like everybody else. They were tribal and warlike, and they used their faith to make excuses for it. Similarly, many clergy today hide their evil actions behind the cloak of religion. That doesn't make religion itself evil, any more than the Orange Abomination makes American patriotism or even the American spirit evil. Jesus, whom you say you follow, affirmed the teachings of the Pharisees even while condemning their actions in the most scathing terms possible (see the Gospel of Matthew, chapter 23). So the problem is not religious ideals, but rather the universal human failure to live up to the moral ideal.

GnosticBishop wrote:

The fact that I have had many theists resist entering into moral argument of their God indicates that they know that their God is immoral. I can appreciate that once a person accepts the fellowship that his tribal nature seeks, and he can survive without having better morals, he is loath to jeopardize the comfort zone he has created for himself. The problem is that theists are living in self-deception and for one who seeks or has attained Gnosis, a deeper knowing of himself, self-deception is basically not allowed. That is why I have to bother fighting a fight that is almost un-winnable...I am quite disappointed to see so many living in self-deception and without Gnosis, and following Gods who are demonstrably more Satan like than God like.

I belong to the Church because I do not live in self-deception. That is, I do not deceive myself into believing that I am perfect, or that I can attain perfection on my own. I can (and should) strive to be as perfect as I can be, but humans are inherently flawed. Think of the most perfect mortal human ever to exist (other than Jesus and Mary), and I guarantee you that even that person will have skeletons in their closet. How can we atone for those on our own? More importantly, how can we get rid of the poison in our souls that makes us fall short of the moral ideal? (By "the poison in our souls" I mean our deadly dispositions: gluttony, sloth, greed, lust, wrath, envy and most especially pride). Because of these dispositions and because of ignorance, even our consciences can become corrupted, thinking wrong is right and right is wrong. This is not to say that we are totally depraved; the properly-working human conscience is a beautiful thing, for from it flows all heroism. Nevertheless, no two people have the exact same views on morality. There cannot be multiple truths, so at most one person's conscience is perfect. But how would we know who that person or structure is, except if he had been given authority from the ultimate source of morality? Jesus gave that authority to the Church, which is why I stay. Even as I have a few minor points of dispute, I know that the moral law is not mine to decide on my own.

Your church has succeeded in beating you down to thinking you are less than what you are.

Compare your grovelling self-loathing to Jesus saying that man is the light of the world.

Jesus asks you to shine, while your church tells you you are too dim to do so without their help for which you likely pay hansomely. Exactly what the church wants.

When you choose to believe Jesus instead of your lying preacher, perhaps we can talk.

Put away the things of children and be a man.

Remember what the bible says of your priests.

Isaiah 56:11) "They are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, each on to his unjust gain, to the last one" But do not despair, for the day of judgment is at hand, for the day of judgment and the day of the LORD occupy the same time frame. All the dross will be burned away. (Zech 13:9) & (Malachi 3:3). In that day, "you will distinguish between the righteous and the wicked" (Malachi 3:18)

Regards
DL