auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
And now he would doubtless envy you. Strange days. We are more fortunate than we know.

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."

-- Tolkien

he is hoping for a liver transplant in time.

Is he an alcoholic?

I think so, like his late father jack Cassidy.

According to AJ Benza, Jack Cassidy had also had a trance-like love of fire that more than bordered on pyromania when drunk, that led to his death.

what an awful way to die.

Indeed. I have to wonder if Cassidy had inherited his father's mental illness.

not an impossible thing, for sure. David claimed his father's ghost visited him once after a show. I believe him.

Weird, man.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 9:33 pm

he's officially in heaven now. RIP.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 12:43 am

I saw The Partridge Family on it’s first run, not syndication. Makes me feel quite old at the moment.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 12:55 am

mee too. :oops:

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 7:44 am

Same here.

May he rest in peace, trite as that sounds, and be remembered for the joy he brought into the world.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 10:50 am

Like many maturing teen idols Cassidy was conflicted between the serious rock artist he wanted to be and the Bubblegum Pop that paid him well. For the May 11, 1972 issue of Rolling Stone Magazine, he appeared naked on the cover

David Cassidy: Naked Lunch Box The story of the singer, actor and songwriter beyond Keith Partridge - Rolling Stone May 11, 1972.

Lengthy and sad story.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 2:45 am

now he's in heaven.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 3:35 pm

I lied about my drinking’: David Cassidy drank to his death ‘to cover up the sadness’

Quote:
Cassidy died of liver failure a few months later at the age of 67 in November 2017.

Fans of the singer quietly mourned him. How tragic it seemed that he finally overcame a lifelong struggle with alcohol, only to have his final days tormented by the very same dementia that ran rampantly through the rest of his family.

As it turns out, however, he hadn’t overcome his struggle with alcohol — not at all. And his dementia was neither related to a disease like Alzheimer’s nor was it permanent. Instead, it was a temporary condition brought on by his alcoholism, a different devastating disease.

In an upcoming documentary from A&E called “David Cassidy: The Last Session,” Cassidy admitted that he was still drinking.

After suffering from severe memory problems and being rushed to the hospital from a recording studio, Cassidy spoke with A&E producer Saralena Weinfield to explain what happened. She recorded the phone call, which has been edited into the documentary.

“I have a liver disease,” Cassidy said, admitting that “there is no sign of me having dementia at this stage of my life. It was complete alcohol poisoning.”

This might seem like a surprising revelation, given that publicly Cassidy had maintained that he was dry. The singer addressed this, as well.

“And the fact is that I lied about my drinking,” he said. “The head doctor at the hospital, she said, ‘I believe your dementia was directly related to your alcoholism.’ ”

Then, his voice began to crack as he tried to explain himself.

I did it to myself, man,” he said. “I did this to myself to cover up the sadness and the emptiness.”

The documentary producers reportedly debated whether to show the footage and posthumously reveal Cassidy’s dark secret. In the end, though, the network decided that was the best way to honor him.

“I think it will strike a chord with people,” producer John Marks told People. “He wanted to share this very private part of his life, and to be honest once and for all. And I think he succeeded in doing that.”

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 4:37 pm

Quote:
... As it turns out, however, he hadn’t overcome his struggle with alcohol — not at all. And his dementia was neither related to a disease like Alzheimer’s nor was it permanent. Instead, it was a temporary condition brought on by his alcoholism, a different devastating disease...
And here all along I thought that he had died a junkie's death. How stupid of me. He died the death of a drunk instead.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 5:50 pm

what was he so sad and empty about?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 6:02 pm

auntblabby wrote:

I know his father had suffered from severe depression. That, and dementia, seems to have been hereditary.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 6:04 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I know his father had suffered from severe depression. That, and dementia, seems to have been hereditary.

I wonder if his dad's dementia was alky-related as well? at least david didn't die as horrible a death as his dad did.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 6:13 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I wonder if his dad's dementia was alky-related as well? at least david didn't die as horrible a death as his dad did.

Sorry to hear that. My dad, who had died of renal failure, had drifted into a state of dementia as his kidneys failed.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 6:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Sorry to hear that. My dad, who had died of renal failure, had drifted into a state of dementia as his kidneys failed.

hopefully it was a mercifully quick stage and not agonizingly lingering.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 6:29 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I wish I could say it was quick.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 6:50 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I wish I could say it was quick.

my dad lingered as well. good days and bad.