Americans—Do you still support America?

Page 1 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 11:54 am

For the first time, it’s been socially acceptable to say and do non-patriotic words and actions. I think it’s going a little too far. Even if our government is bad right now, there’s still hope for the country. We can’t blame the government for all of our problems—good and bad attitudes and behavior can spread like wildfire, so we’re responsible as citizens to be good people and improve our country. And Trump won’t be president forever!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 12:05 pm

First Time?
Not

There was the 1960’s and American Flag burning, North Vietnamese flag waving protests.

And 100 years earlier there was a little thing calłed the Civil War

I am very disappointed and angry about what is going on now because I support America.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 01 Dec 2017, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 12:08 pm

I'm not American, but I think that even if one doesn't support the current government, it doesn't make sense not to support America. America is a country with hundreds of millions of people, and cannot be generalized.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 8:14 pm

Given the current political atmosphere and social climate in the US, my answer is no because of a sense of disillusionment that I like many have felt.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 9:00 pm

I support 'America The Concept' as laid down by the US constitution, and believe that the people involved in the writing and ratifying of that document were very wise and forward thinking.

I have a hard time giving credance to 'America The Political Dysfunction', borught about by the the powers and corporations that rule Washington. Washington and it's Lobbying system are inherantly corrupt, and both an embarassment and a credible threat to what are probably the majority of American people. -- We have allowed ourselves to become one of our worst enemies.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 9:29 pm

I love America, even though I hate some of America’s behavior. There will never be a perfect country because humans are imperfect by nature. We all have room to grow. :heart:

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 10:21 pm

America, yes. Trollheim, definite no. Sadly, the two seem to be inextricably interwoven.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 10:54 pm

Fogman wrote:
I support 'America The Concept' as laid down by the US constitution, and believe that the people involved in the writing and ratifying of that document were very wise and forward thinking.

I have a hard time giving credance to 'America The Political Dysfunction'

I agree with this.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 11:37 pm

Quote:
Re: Americans—Do you still support America?

It's not optional; they take enormous taxes from me every paycheck.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 11:39 pm

Love it :heart:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 3:57 am

Quote:
Do you still support America?

it's always been a bit too heavy for my shoulders, especially considering the obesity rate.

but yeah, what fogman said.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 2:24 pm

No.

I welcome our nation's self-destruction with open arms.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 1:12 am

I will always be a loyal American, as I believe in the ideals my country was born from: equality for all, freedom to believe, say, or do as one wants as long as it doesn't trample on the rights of others, and how we are the sons and daughters of people who had come to America searching for freedom and opportunity. That said, I can not support this orange insane idiot who the deplorables voted into the White House, as he - and they - oppose everything that I love about my country.

Shakti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Dec 2017, 2:13 am

I'm American, I haven't lived there for 6 years though, I moved to Holland for my ex. I support the people of America, just not the corporate/military/industrial/government complex that's using us. You could probably say the same about every country, though the American version takes it to an extreme.

New Facebook community to help us mange and thrive on the spectrum, using food as medicine, exercise, herbs, and more. All are welcome, just click here to join: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1117754195026933

MidnightMoon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 2:47 am

Of course I still support my country. I can't stand all of these protests being put on by NFL players; it's ridiculous. If they don't like it here, they can always move elsewhere as far as I'm concerned.

Why yes, I am a conservative.

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 2:59 am

Yes. I would rather everyone who wants to damage the US in any way get the hell out. This country is and always will be marvelous, and it continues to weather the opposition that people are throwing at it. For 200 years the United States has defied all odds and over time has grown into a glorious and brilliant nation. I don't care what happens, I will always support the United States.