Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

hvtitan08
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2017, 7:39 pm

I am so fired up over this crap about same-sex marriages in the Commonwealth of Virginia. It Sickens me to the core. I am so sad to see that here in the home state of Confederate Generals R.E. Lee, T.J. "Stonewall" Jackson, J.A. Early, and J.E.B. Stuart, two men or two women have to get married.
If I were Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia, or the President of the U.S. (POTUS), I would immediately, after taking office, sign a bill, re-banning the new ritual of Same-sex Marriages. :skull:

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 9:22 am

hvtitan08 wrote:
I am so fired up over this crap about same-sex marriages in the Commonwealth of Virginia. It Sickens me to the core. I am so sad to see that here in the home state of Confederate Generals R.E. Lee, T.J. "Stonewall" Jackson, J.A. Early, and J.E.B. Stuart, two men or two women have to get married.
If I were Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia, or the President of the U.S. (POTUS), I would immediately, after taking office, sign a bill, re-banning the new ritual of Same-sex Marriages. :skull:

Why? All banning Same Sex marriage does is lead to more laws and Govt. regulation. Don't you think that those same people would be against that?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 12:43 am

Y'know, they say the biggest homophobes are in fact the biggest closet cases. Just saying.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 12:48 am

hvtitan08 wrote:

good luck lmao

Hyeokgeose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2017, 3:10 am

Honestly, the government should stay out of marriage. :|
Two dudes or gals in a relationship doesn't infringe upon the rights of others, same goes for traditional couples.

As for the Confederate generals, well, I think they would have much bigger problems to worry about in modern times.

"It’s not until they tell you you’re going to die soon that you realize how short life is. Time is the most valuable thing in life because it never comes back. And whether you spend it in the arms of a loved one or alone in a prison-cell, life is what you make of it. Dream big."
-Stefán Karl Stefánsson
10 July, 1975 - 21 August, 2018.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 6:13 am

Hyeokgeose wrote:
Honestly, the government should stay out of marriage. :|
Two dudes or gals in a relationship doesn't infringe upon the rights of others, same goes for traditional couples.

As for the Confederate generals, well, I think they would have much bigger problems to worry about in modern times.

The two dudes or gals want to have the rights and privileges that straight couples have, which is why government has to get involved.
I'm in a traditional marriage, and never once has same sex marriage done any harm to my wife or me in our relationship.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 7:05 am

Kinda like asking "what would Attila the Hun think of the Trans Pacific Partnership?".

Kind of self defeating to imply that a group of guys from another century - guys whom most of the nation views as villains- would agree with you about some modern issue.

You gotta remember who your audience is here. Its not just your neighbors. This is the WWW where the whole nation, and the whole world are addressed. So you gotta tailor your message to that wide audience.

If you had named a group of Virginians who are revered by the nation as a whole (rather than only being revered by your local White Virginia neighbors) it would be different.

If you had said "what would great Virginians of the past like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and James Armistead Lafayette (escaped slave who spied for Washington and helped us win at Yorktown), think of same sex marriage in Virginia?" you would have had a fighting chance to sound other than stupid, and inane.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 10:07 am

Who knows.They might be down with it.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 10:43 am

Why do you think that they called him "Stonewall" Jackson?

We all know what nightspot was his favorite hangout!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 11:21 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Why do you think that they called him "Stonewall" Jackson?

We all know what nightspot was his favorite hangout!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 11:25 am

Yep....you would have done better with Washington, Jefferson, Madison.....

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 11:45 am

Hyeokgeose wrote:

Like figuring out how to use Cell phones, Netflix, and how to avoid Win10, for instance.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2017, 1:42 pm

hvtitan08 wrote:

No one's forcing anyone to get married. You're still perfectly free to not get gay-married.

Personally, it'd hope the traitors are turning over in their graves, time to wrap a belt around them and use them to turn electric generators - finally confederate traitors will be doing something good for America.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2017, 4:30 pm

Well ... OP just got pwned. 8)

Everyone Else: I'm proud of all of you. Keep up the good work. :D

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2017, 8:35 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
hvtitan08 wrote:

No one's forcing anyone to get married. You're still perfectly free to not get gay-married.

Personally, it'd hope the traitors are turning over in their graves, time to wrap a belt around them and use them to turn electric generators - finally confederate traitors will be doing something good for America.

O' Lordy, that last half was a riot! I needed a good laugh. :lol: