Kinda like it 28%  28%  [ 8 ]
Don't care 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Hate it 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 29

crazy cats lady
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Dec 2017, 1:27 am

I read on the net that autistic people love water. I love the beach, love watching fountains, love the river and the lake. I love watching the rain, especially when it rains hard, an I love puddles. I even love watching the water going out of the faucet.

Do you love water?

The ultimate blog for cats lovers about the huge colonies of feral cats roaming the streets of Tel-Aviv. Feral cats videos, feline humor that'll make you laugh your whiskers off, and cats psychology like what cats dream about. Meet Amiga and Chocolate-Paws in my blog.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 1:32 am

I love water very much~ Though...the only problem is...it conflicts with my aquaphobia and I hyperventilate like crazy when I get into a big body of water...and I can't swim... :( But regardless I love water!

I also like wearing flippers on my feet as they make me feel like a water creature with extraordinary power!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 1:38 am

it is a truly unique compound.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

crazy cats lady
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Dec 2017, 2:40 am

MariaTheFictionkin wrote:
I love water very much~ Though...the only problem is...it conflicts with my aquaphobia and I hyperventilate like crazy when I get into a big body of water...and I can't swim... :( But regardless I love water!

I also like wearing flippers on my feet as they make me feel like a water creature with extraordinary power!

You can always learn to swim. It's fun.

The ultimate blog for cats lovers about the huge colonies of feral cats roaming the streets of Tel-Aviv. Feral cats videos, feline humor that'll make you laugh your whiskers off, and cats psychology like what cats dream about. Meet Amiga and Chocolate-Paws in my blog.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 2:45 am

crazy cats lady wrote:
MariaTheFictionkin wrote:

You can always learn to swim. It's fun.

I tried, again my aquaphobia doesn't help.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 4:55 am

I think water is one of the coolest substances on Earth! I love water, I love the rain and because I live in Canada I get to love snow and ice. I used to stare at my glass full of water and watch it move for hours on end and even now at 42 years of age I still find myself doing it every once in awhile. I think it's safe to say that I'm utterly fixated by water in all of its forms and what it can do and how it can move.

But I seem to have a love-hate relationship with water because I used to have a fear of swimming in large bodies of water because I thought sharks were there (thanks to movies like Jaws) but now that I'm older I know they're not there. But I still can't swim in the ocean because of that fact. I've used coping mechanisms to get over my fear of swimming in water but I haven't completely hacked the system yet.

I used to have a lot of fond memories going to the local rich man's gated community because they had a large lake that would freeze over in winter and we go play ice hockey on it. In some parts the water was so pure that it would freeze to a very clear form and you could see all the way down to the bottom which was about 20 feet. I used to stare at that clear ice for hours... in between our matches of hockey of course!

Water is awesome!

:D

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 6:02 am

I am fascinated by water and have the good fortune to live on a peninsula. The sea to the west and a wide river surrounding the rest. And many lakes and rivers near by. I love boat and ferry rides.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 6:11 am

Water is certainly an intriguing element for the fact that it's such an essential part of life on this planet, but I'm honestly more fascinated by fire. Even a small amount of it is capable of causing lots of destruction. But if you know how to control it, it can even be comforting in a way.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 8:46 am

All of these things, yes.

There are some interesting theories on water and Autism...there's a Google map somewhere here at WP where everyone pins themselves on it, and strangely most of the pins are all clustered near coastlines.

Although it could just be a coincidence, since large populations are usually near water.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 7:14 pm

Oh yes, all of my favourite countryside walks involve water whenever I can. I'm very lucky that I live in a hilly part of the country with lots of streams, waterfalls, mill-ponds and lakes (well, mostly reservoirs really.) I can get to the sea by train in a hour or two as well. Watching waves and ripples on water can totally hypnotise me, and I love the sound of streams and waterfalls, I find it very soothing.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 3:54 am

I have never lived far from a substantial body of water, but I'm Canadian, eh? :-) Boating is almost second nature, and I do like the look of fast or falling water. I photograph snow and ice formations, rainbows and sundogs. Driving on snow and ice is a sport of necessity, but I enjoy it. However, what really fascinates me about water is the quirky physics. From 4C down, it starts to swell and thicken, and I've seen it carry bits of soot in continuous circulation on an ice surface. I once went to a "sample" lecture to entice science students into university, and they gave us 150 minutes on how water boils. They were obviously just getting started. Steam is pretty handy stuff in technology, too.
On the down side, I have spent most of my spare time for the last year dealing with water damaging my house foundations.
I also knew two cats who were fascinated by water, but in different ways. For after dinner entertainment, we'd just put down a saucer of water. One cat would creep up on it, and see the reflected cat. A quick bat of the paw would banish the intruder for a while, but then it would come back for another round. The other cat never got that close. It would see these silvery beads appear on the carpet, and then, just as she got whisker - close, they'd melt away, confounding her every time. It was as much fun as giving a raccoon his first sugar cube.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 4:22 am

I love water too.
I like the way it feels and the way it smells and the way it moves, and how light interacts with it. I like the sounds of it interacting with things - rain falling on different surfaces, water running over rock, etc.
If there is a fountain or water feature anywhere I go full autism mode and can stand there wiggling my fingers in it for ages even though it's "weird," it's like an involuntary thing. I gravitate toward it and can't help but touch and mess with it.
It's stupid but one of my biggest goals is to get my body issues sorted out so I can swim again. I'd swim every day if I could.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 5:21 am

I like it. :lol:

Sometimes I like to stare at the water for hours, at it's movements or stillness, and interaction with other things. Or play with it. I won't be damned by another when I'm doing in my house all day with zero restraint :twisted: because I pay the water bills.
Swimming is like another version of sensing the space and myself on air/land as I pace -- something I would've do everyday.

... If only water isn't mainly cold. I would've usually stay longer that way. The same thing I feel about the wind and air. :|

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Dec 2017, 9:52 am

Well, yes, but not for the reasons you think. Water is one of very few substances where the solid state is actually less dense than the liquid -- that's why ice floats atop water. It's also great at putting out fires (well, as long as it isn't a metal, electrical, or organic solvent fire), and is the only liquid where consumption of large quantities has only one side-effect: frequent bathroom trips.

Probably the most interesting thing about water, though, is this. If the most common liquid was something other than water -- maybe acetone (discounting the huge fire hazard) -- the ocean would freeze solid, as it would freeze from the bottom up. Eventually, all the acetone in the world would freeze into a great big solid chunk. In the summer, only the top few centimeters would thaw, and the world would be very cold as all that white frozen acetone would reflect the sun.

So, what I find most fascinating about water is the fact that if it didn't exist, there would not be any life on Earth, at least, not as we know it today. It's also good for sailing on to boot, and isn't poisonous. What's not to like?

@C2V: Seriously, you can smell water?! What does it smell like?

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 10:07 am

Glflegolas wrote:
Well, yes, but not for the reasons you think. Water is one of very few substances where the solid state is actually less dense than the liquid -- that's why ice floats atop water. It's also great at putting out fires (well, as long as it isn't a metal, electrical, or organic solvent fire), and is the only liquid where consumption of large quantities has only one side-effect: frequent bathroom trips.

Probably the most interesting thing about water, though, is this. If the most common liquid was something other than water -- maybe acetone (discounting the huge fire hazard) -- the ocean would freeze solid, as it would freeze from the bottom up. Eventually, all the acetone in the world would freeze into a great big solid chunk. In the summer, only the top few centimeters would thaw, and the world would be very cold as all that white frozen acetone would reflect the sun.

So, what I find most fascinating about water is the fact that if it didn't exist, there would not be any life on Earth, at least, not as we know it today. It's also good for sailing on to boot, and isn't poisonous. What's not to like?

@C2V: Seriously, you can smell water?! What does it smell like?

Actually, you can kill yourself with drinking water. A good working definition of poison is "too much."
The water molecule is incredibly active for just ten protons. It even has extraordinary heat capacity. We call it the universal solvent because it is pretty close - it would be more lethal than acetone to life based on another molecule. Life and geology on earth is severely restricted by water, but also enabled by its weirdness in detail.
BTW, after years of limiting my exposure to industrial solvents, I was edified to learn that my body produces acetone.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 12:31 pm

Dear_one wrote:
I also knew two cats who were fascinated by water, but in different ways. For after dinner entertainment, we'd just put down a saucer of water. One cat would creep up on it, and see the reflected cat. A quick bat of the paw would banish the intruder for a while, but then it would come back for another round. The other cat never got that close. It would see these silvery beads appear on the carpet, and then, just as she got whisker - close, they'd melt away, confounding her every time. It was as much fun as giving a raccoon his first sugar cube.

Actual street name in Paris.