Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 8:17 pm

Do people here have trouble opening medicine bottles?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Jan 2018, 5:34 am

I don't but my grandma says that older people need children to open them due to the child safety mechanism that kids can open but old people cant.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 7:09 am

I'm on record at my pharmacy as needing easy-open caps.
Caps on OTC meds can still be a b***h to open, though; once the lid's pried off, I can pour them into an empty Rx bottle with an easy-open cap and a masking tape-and-Sharpie label.
I keep my daily meds in one of those big pill boxes with many lids; AM/Noon/PM/HS down one axis; Mon-Sun across the other. If I can't quite remember whether or not I took this morning's meds, I can look and see if there are any pills in the "SUN AM" compartment. It keeps me from accidentally OD'ing.
I've also got a talking Echo "Dot" device, that aside from other 'executive function' capabilities, verbally reminds me to take my meds at programmed times, and a little while later asks if I'm quite sure that I did. That's been really helpful to me in reaching 100% compliance (and avoiding scolding).
I go with the absolute least amount of pharmaceuticals which I can get away with.

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

14 Jan 2018, 10:49 pm

I have more trouble with pickle containers, ketchup, etc. >.<