We Love Esmeralda Weatherwax

Page 8 of 27 [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

23 Feb 2018, 3:23 pm

We sure do!
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Esmeralda Weatherwax you always have some clever things to say. Hope you don't mind me writing down some of your piece of wisdom for personal use :D I mean, I memorize proverbs, wise sayings, good arguments.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 3:26 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
Britte, you're always welcome :-). One need not adore cats to be welcome here - dog lovers, rabbit owners, people who love fancy mice and pet rats and wildlife and birds all welcome. People who just love nature in the abstract also welcome.

Only "hater hobbyists" ain't welcome.

I just hired the perfect bouncer :-) and his backup (for anyone who has read Larry Niven's SF, I think these guys are both Kzinti - I'm sure the second one is)

Thank you very much! I also hadn't realized that your user name wasn't your real name, until I read Ezra's post regarding Esmerelda Weatherwax. Yipes.

Thank you for your welcoming words and, for sharing the photos of your bouncer and his backup! They are fantastic! :mrgreen:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:42 pm

Esme, would you like some super yummy recipes?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 8:54 pm

Hi Esme, Just came by to wish you a nice weekend.

Hi Kura, I just noticed you were here when I came by, earlier, or would have extended a hello to you, too. I hope you had a nice day, and I hope you have a nice weekend, too!

:flower: :study: :cat: :chef:

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:37 pm

I don't want to upset anyone, nor make a scene but this member is a puppet of another member, and not a genuine person. I would never risk harming anyone, thus, I would not be stating this if I thought there was the slightest chance this was a real member, beyond the member who is controling it. I have been using my phone, to visit here, today, and if I dont intentionally, scroll, or scroll to fast, I can miss seeing other's posts, or I would have mentioned it, earlier.

smudgedhorizon wrote:
We sure do!
Esmeralda Weatherwax you always have some clever things to say. Hope you don't mind me writing down some of your piece of wisdom for personal use :D I mean, I memorize proverbs, wise sayings, good arguments.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:46 pm

@smudgedhorizon: :oops: oh my. If you think anything I say is useful, or could be sometime, please feel free. :oops:

@Kuraudo: to quote Joyce - in the hypothetical - re those recipes (although he didn't refer to cookery, it's my chief vice after cats): yes I said yes I [would] Yes.

... also you would, really, love Seanan McGuire; several of her characters are Kitsune. I can't recall that you've read her? If not, and you might want to, do start at the beginning and go through them chronologically your first time through, the story arcs are definitely worth it.

@Britte: lovely big bruisers, aren't they? Born ratters I think :-) . Have a lovely weekend! If I can find a Cu Sidhe (Dog Fae) I'll bring him or her over here too.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:47 pm

Hi Britte - we crossposted, I just saw your latest post.

>Sigh< life is so complicated. I'll check in with the mods.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

Last edited by Esmerelda Weatherwax on 23 Feb 2018, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:48 pm

This tribute thread, I believe, will set a record ultimately.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:51 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
This tribute thread, I believe, will set a record ultimately.

^^ Uh-oh. For most obnoxious tributee (that being me, just in case anyone isn't sure)?

I could see that...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:56 pm

^^ At least you don't have to deal with ice these days----or do you?

I think the one who has the "record" now is Sylkat. I believe she might have close to 100 pages.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 10:06 pm

Britte wrote:
I don't want to upset anyone, nor make a scene but this member is a puppet of another member, and not a genuine person. I would never risk harming anyone, thus, I would not be stating this if I thought there was the slightest chance this was a real member, beyond the member who is controling it. I have been using my phone, to visit here, today, and if I dont intentionally, scroll, or scroll to fast, I can miss seeing other's posts, or I would have mentioned it, earlier.

smudgedhorizon wrote:
We sure do!

hello?

yes, i would like to order one proof please!

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 10:33 pm

Kip, I have since, made a detailed report. I made a brief report, prior to the current report. I don't know who receives reports, but, once it is read, I will comply with your request, to the best of my ability.

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2018, 8:31 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
Britte wrote:

smudgedhorizon wrote:
We sure do!

hello?

yes, i would like to order one proof please!

Yes, I would like to see the reasoning behind the claims that I'm not a genuine person, too.

Yes I know there's a user called smudge. There are also plenty of dragons, but they don't see the problem with people having dragon related nicknanes.

I'm sorry if I upset any of you. I probably offended The_Face_of_Boo in another thread. But prior going behind my back, why not ask me?
Edit. I meant, why not talk to me first.

Last edited by smudgedhorizon on 24 Feb 2018, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2018, 8:39 am

I didn't see this coming. If WP becomes hostile for me, I will quit it. I don't want to go to a forum and feel like sh,¡+ as a result.
I woke up blissful and just thought it was a good idea to check WP. Now everyone will believe what Britte says here and I won't have friends even on WP.
I only have cat friends, thank you very much Britte.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 11:49 am

The heck is going on? 8O

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 1:41 pm

smudgedhorizon wrote:
I didn't see this coming. If WP becomes hostile for me, I will quit it. I don't want to go to a forum and feel like sh,¡+ as a result.
I woke up blissful and just thought it was a good idea to check WP. Now everyone will believe what Britte says here and I won't have friends even on WP.
I only have cat friends, thank you very much Britte.

You're welcome here anytime. There's been a bit of sock puppet activity apparently, and it has affected some people directly, and caused some folks serious concerns. This predates my joining up.

I have seen one person treated unkindly but I also have seen the mods intervene there, and that person still posts, bless them. I have seen that some members with drug, alcohol, or other issues occasionally post when they're in the depths, but that's different, they're in pain, with or without the self-anesthesia. I admit, I don't read all threads, so I know I could be missing things, but where I have been reading, I've seen squabbling, and some political feuding which is sadly quite common for Yanks, and the occasional flash of spite or meanness. And I have seen folks arrive here, and leave again quite upset, so I know that conflict occurs and I don't see all of it.

My comment that I'd check with the mods was exactly that - that I intended to check. Kip picked up on the issue fast enough that I didn't feel a further need to. From what he said, I infer that the *overall* issue is being looked at. AFAIK, the mods can see our IP addresses and they know if someone is using anonymous browsers or what have you to access the site, so they'll know where mischief could be coming from. (I use a private browsing function myself.)

What I hope is that everyone who posts on this thread will feel safe doing so. There hasn't been any hostility expressed right here - except, TBH, my *own* annoyance at trolls elsewhere. (Unnamed, and in general.)

Kura, maybe we could ask the mods to move this thread to the Haven, so the rules that apply there will reassure people? Technically you own the thread (I still feel like crap for "doing to" Ezra's thread that's merged here - lesson learned) so I'll abide by your preference there.

Meanwhile, bunny-bow, please don't fear this thread. And Britte, I do care how you feel, and I'm sure the sock puppet problem will be sorted out.