Hi everyone, wanted to introduce myself

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Quiet_Spark
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jan 2018, 6:12 pm

I Josh, I was officially diagnosed with Asperger's a little over a year ago. I grew up in a pretty sheltered environment(strict religious sect but I'm not going to name and shame) thinking all my weirdness and social phobias were normal. Being that no one in my family knew anything about autism in general I was not diagnosed until recently when I took matters into my own hands. My support group suggested I join this site and I've been putting it off for a while because my social phobia, for whatever reason, extends into the digital plane as well.

I honestly cannot put into words how alien I feel sometimes. Pretty much all my friendships have ended badly because of me not being able to interpret a lot of social cues or unsaid stuff. Due to the environment in which I was raised I never learned how to make friends because I just associated with kids my age in this environment, most of us had very little in common besides video games. My relationships have not been much better and mostly involved me being emotionally taken advantage of by various women, the last being the worst of all and pretty much killed any desire I had to find a genuine relationship.

Anyways, hi and I hope to get more involved socially here even if it is just online.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 6:29 pm

Hi Josh, I don't have much time to write a reply just now but just want to say I hope that being here helps you to feel less alienated.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 6:39 pm

Welcome! I'm sorry for all the troubles you've encountered in your life. I hope you enjoy this site.

Turtleton
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jan 2018, 7:39 am

Hi, Josh! I was diagnosed with Asperger's several years ago too, and it was at the worst timing possible - right when I finished college and have to start looking for a job. What makes it worse is we don't have any services for autistic adults here. So I really feel for you.

I am sorry for all the troubles you have went through. Hopefully things will get better. Please don't lose hope. Cheers. :)

My Pixiv page:
https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=21167374

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 8:07 am

On my behalf, welcome to WP. :D

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 8:22 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet! :mrgreen: