Research careers for those with a Master's in history?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Feb 2018, 2:21 pm

I am currently finishing my thesis for my master's degree in history, and I'm curious as to whether or not there are any good research jobs available for someone with that degree who has little to no work experience in that field save for a brief stint as an intern for the Erie County Democratic Committee. My father insisted that I focus exclusively on my studies during my undergrad years, but worked in the summer as a municipal laborer. I love looking up historical things on Wikipedia and am very good at trivia but am constantly frustrated by the apparent lack of opportunities for someone with this skillset. Does anyone else here have any practical advice? I'm tired of feeling so left behind at 26!

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 2:53 pm

Here's a list of jobs suggested by a professional association for historians: https://www.historians.org/jobs-and-pro ... ory-majors

When you first started studying history, what did you imagine you would do? Teach? Write? Sell history in a little history-shop? :)

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Feb 2018, 3:00 pm

arielhawksquill wrote:
When you first started studying history, what did you imagine you would do? Teach? Write? Sell history in a little history-shop? :)

Something with either research or writing.