I Never Get to Do Laundry

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:40 pm

I live with my mom and brother and I am always last to do my laundry! We go through towels like crazy and my brother's clothes have to always be first.

I have a lot of clothes that need to be washed separately and can't be washed with other colors. I can't go to the laundromat because I don't have transportation. It just makes me so angry because what if we had to go on a vacation and I didn't have anything clean? My brother sure would.

You'd think that with my clothes collection being as large as it is my family would let me do my laundry first.

By the way, don't tell me to donate or sell my clothes. I have been collecting for years.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 5:11 pm

Is there no time during the day when you could slot it in?
I can't imagine the washer would be going 24/7 with only 3 people in the house, could it?
I am assuming you do have your own washer and dryer and don't use the laundromat exclusively?
If you have one of those timer delay functions on your washer you could put your clothes in to wash first thing in the morning - get in before everyone else. :twisted:

Maybe it requires making an actual time with your family, like an appointment, when you get to do your laundry.

Sorry, don't know what to offer other than that.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 6:29 pm

Just wondering.

If you are unemployed and your brother has a high salaried job then that probably has more to do with the laundry pecking order than the size of the person's wardrobe.

Mom and dad think he needs his clean clothes for work. So that comes first.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 7:07 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Just wondering.

If you are unemployed and your brother has a high salaried job then that probably has more to do with the laundry pecking order than the size of the person's wardrobe.

Mom and dad think he needs his clean clothes for work. So that comes first.

My brother doesn't have a job either and my mom and dad are divorced.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre