Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

savavdpeas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2018, 12:49 pm

Whenever I hear loud noises in the house somewhere, I feel like they are being directed at me by the person making them. Does anyone else here feel that way?

savavdpeas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2018, 12:52 pm

It's the paranoia. I can't stand this cr*p anymore. I wish I could get rid of the paranoia, delusions and hallucinations. And keep the strengths I have gained from the condition.

savavdpeas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2018, 1:42 pm

I cannot stand these auditory delusions anymore. I've had enough of it. It really is time for me to get over this schizophrenia and move on. I just wish that I could.

darthAsperger
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Mar 2018, 8:03 pm

savavdpeas wrote:
Whenever I hear loud noises in the house somewhere, I feel like they are being directed at me by the person making them. Does anyone else here feel that way?

sensory overload from noise is pretty common for austistics/aspies according to a book I have.

I never knew it until my psychologist asked me to buy "Aspergers and Adulthood: A Guide to Working, Loving, and Living With Aspergers Syndrome" and read it.

Barking dogs and cell phones used to be an extreme nuisance to me. Some people wind up on abillify or risperdal and sometimes that helps. I started the latter a while back and it helped a lot with irritability in general.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 2:22 am

when I was on beta blockers, I was made partially numb to sudden noises, before that I had an exaggerated startle reflex where i'd just about jump out of my skin. but the beta blockers' side fx eventually grew too severe so I had to drop them. my bro-in-law can, without hearing protection, non-chalantly use power saws and other aurally obnoxious power tools, that I have to leave the room while in-use.

PlanarFracture
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Mar 2018, 6:17 pm

Decades of living with my narcissist father have taught me that if I happen to hear shouting, regardless of location, it's probably my fault. Comparatively, I'm almost relieved when I hear a loud noise that my brain translates into anything that isn't shouting, not that I like it anyway. I often jump at unexpected sounds, but I think most people regardless of being on the spectrum react this way as a reflex.
Personally have more of a problem with continuous, repetitive sounds.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 8:30 am

Loud noises scare me

Even at the bookstore when too many precious lil "people" are flapping their cute Lil traps, at normal talking volume, I can't concentrate or read a book

And I am afraid or intimidated to "ask" them to be quiet. They might get angry and rape me

Thus I am outnumbered, overpowered, outsmarted, negligible, passive aggressive, bitter, angry, annoyed

:roll:

:D

More than once, their loud music gave me a headache

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2018, 7:22 pm

savavdpeas wrote:
It's the paranoia. I can't stand this cr*p anymore. I wish I could get rid of the paranoia, delusions and hallucinations. And keep the strengths I have gained from the condition.

Do you have schizophrenia?