Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 12:48 pm

In an NHS hospital apparently you have too be on the brink of suicide too get suppourt for mental health issues.

Do you think thats acceptable service or not?

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 11:28 am

Welp...

In the US it really isn't different. You either have to be too psychotic to know the difference between orange and a kitten, or ACTIVELY suicidal. Like...if I don't get admitted, I'm eating the barrel of my gun. Brink means you have wiggle room for your mood to flip to harmlessly depressed.

My friend's son told her he want to kill himself after "he harmed others". Took him to ER. Kept him 23 hours then discharged him with the instructions, "To watch him." The teen's first therapy appointment is 4 weeks from now.

Mental health care is an utter joke unless your family has really deep pockets.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 11:32 am

I went to my doctor when I was 17 because I was suicidal the therapy was pathetic they didn't even mention the possibility of Autism to me. One of them breached doctor patient confidentiality.

StefanMemos
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Mar 2018, 12:16 pm

Are there any health centers that have bookable appointments for afternoon time?

So my doctors are only pre bookable a week in advance (available appointments being 8 - 10am). Which is not suitable for me because I don't know how where my mental health will be in a week. One bad spell the night before and I'll miss the appointment.
Or I can try phoning at 8am for a same day appointment but I kept getting engaged this morning and got frustrated and had a meltdown. Plus I'm terrible with phone calls.

I'm not on the brink but I need access to some sort of help just now. These same day appointments and morning appointments are inaccessible to me.