Page 1 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

darthAsperger
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Mar 2018, 1:04 pm

ElleGaunt wrote:
I'm curious to know what industrial sectors are represented here. I'm in school to become an actuary, so I do a lot of computational work... all the time. It's essentially all I do, aside from my routine and researching autism.

Any programmers? Mathematicians? Accountants? ... any actuaries??? Kind of a rare breed, so i don't expect so, but it would be cool!

programmer

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 2:18 pm

Local truck driver. I don't really care for it, but I can do it.

I feel I have a strong technical aptitude that is being wasted.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 3:51 pm

I wish I could make my audio restoration a career. :dj:

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 10:11 am

auntblabby wrote:

Why not give it a shot? There are people who have made full-time jobs out of admittedly crazier ideas, and chances are someone would pay you handsomely for your services.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 9:14 pm

I'm between jobs right now. Welcome to WP! :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 9:22 pm

whatamievendoing wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Why not give it a shot? There are people who have made full-time jobs out of admittedly crazier ideas, and chances are someone would pay you handsomely for your services.

I've been trying for over 2 decades now, but very few bites.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 7:19 am

Buc wrote:
I grow plants and sell them.

legally? xD

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 7:20 am

postgrad over here in sociology but big fan of music. i also work as a shop assistant which i hate :|

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2018, 4:25 am

I don't seem to have the career genes, per se.

Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2018, 5:41 am

Architect.

Did well academically. Graduated 2 years ago, with an award in drafting and a distinction in theory, from a famous private school in London. Started my career in Japan, and currently I'm chief designer of a (small) skyscraper in China. I'm vastly under-qualified for the job, so it's wearing me out a bit at the moment, but I can't delegate tasks to myself, so ... :(

Quote:
I'm on last year of Architecture school, and I work as an intern in a small architecture office where I mostly do 3D models.

If you're on last year at age 24, you're already doing much better than me. Took me 9 years to graduate due to a mental breakdown halfway through school. Hope you can find a good job!

robbrucejr
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Apr 2018, 10:46 am

My degree is in Business Administration and I have multiple credentials from my military career in management and operations. I've been in management and executive positions (which almost put me over the edge, and ultimately led me to my diagnosis), but my real core skill set is in Systems and Information Management. I'm currently working as a consultant, doing process improvement, developing information management systems, and related things in the construction and manufacturing industries. I work for myself and mostly remotely. There is way less stress in my life now.

NotSayingMyName
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Apr 2018, 2:42 am

I don't have one yet as I have made mistakes when it comes to work choices.
I would like to work in historical/heritage places and/or administration there.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 3:26 am

if things ever worked out, i'd be a free-lance or contracted digital audio restoration technician. I've been doing that as an avocation since 1995. gotten very few paying bites, however. have done lotsa charity work, however.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 2:21 pm

1986 wrote:
Architect.

Did well academically. Graduated 2 years ago, with an award in drafting and a distinction in theory, from a famous private school in London. Started my career in Japan, and currently I'm chief designer of a (small) skyscraper in China. I'm vastly under-qualified for the job, so it's wearing me out a bit at the moment, but I can't delegate tasks to myself, so ... :(

Quote:
I'm on last year of Architecture school, and I work as an intern in a small architecture office where I mostly do 3D models.

If you're on last year at age 24, you're already doing much better than me. Took me 9 years to graduate due to a mental breakdown halfway through school. Hope you can find a good job!

Actually, I got at University aged 17, but it was a different course, so I feel I already spent so much time studying without achieving anything. My school isn't famous (and it's somehow a huge thing for me, because the first school I went, was the best in the country but then when I wanted to change for architecture I wasn't accepted). I'm worried about the future but trying to not go too crazy over it. Sometimes, I feel I would prefer some bureaucratic work on a public service as architecture is too demanding.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 8:24 pm

I have a Master's in English and work at my local library. I work part time, but would like a full time job.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 8:37 pm

I fix typos.

(Proofreader / copyeditor)