Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Arkena
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Mar 2018, 8:44 am

Imo despite there being a monopoly out there in the mmorpg category there are plenty of other categories of mmo that are doing well...

Mmorts,mmofps, mmoba....

Due to marketing dominance of wow we have to search out other mmo's if we want variety because they dont have much of a marketing budget to reach us and get our attention:

I use sites like these :

https://www.mmobomb.com/games/

https://www.mmorpg.com/games-list/show/ ... Order/desc

How are you guys finding new mmo's?

You cant tell me games like : warframe, EVE,crossout,starfall,fortnight etc are like WOW lol

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 10:28 am

Arkena wrote:
How are you guys finding new mmo's?

I talk to people online and they recommend other games they like. Or youtube promotional videos.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 9:45 pm

My pet peeve is with MMOs that actively look to waste your time. Rather than just being a means to pad out the game it's now an end in itself. WoW started doing this a while ago with garrisons and class hall quests that have you constantly sending out NPCs to do quests for you, with even a mobile app so you can do that outside of the main game client. Elite: Dangerous started doing something like this too last year, making it so that switching to a ship stationed elsewhere takes huge amounts of real world time.

If I get into another MMO in the future, it won't be a game that is disrespectful of my time.

Arkena
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Mar 2018, 12:22 am

Youtube has good lists of games to look out for in 2018 for instance or certain types of mmos etc

jikijiki53
Raven
Raven

29 Mar 2018, 10:59 am

The MMO's that I currently have.

Maplestory (I find it the most addictive cause it has more of a purpose to work towards. Also the most played MMO.)
Black Desert Online (Really hard to get into, but it has some neat features.)
Trove (Like the Sandbox style)
Planetside 2 (Pretty fun. Not much else about it)
Nostale (Has a cool concept of capturing animal-like monsters to fight and train alongside you.)
Latale (Similar to Maplestory but has a clunky key response when doing certain actions.)
Star Wars the Old Republic (Not really fond of it. Only have it cause my NT friends have it.)
Pokemon Revolution Online (A free Pokemon MMORPG. Really good game for Pokemon fans.)

The Youtube channel that I watch sometimes is MMOByte. They have played some of the games that I listed.

Yakuzamonroe
Toucan
Toucan

16 Apr 2018, 1:56 am

Crowfall is an MMO I'd like to get hooked on. It's resemblant of a game I used to play in the day called Shadowbane.

It's genre is Throne War. Think of it as a RTS/MMORPG hybrid. Definitely picking it up when I'm employed again.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 5:18 am

I used to play City of Heroes / CIty of Villains until NCSoft killed for vague reasons. I wasn't sure if so many people using the character designer to recreate characters from other properties was putting the game in an awkward position.

I liked talking to people through text in the game, joining missions when people broadcast looking to start a team, or joining groups to fight a Giant Monster in one of the cities. For what it's worth, I liked that if I had a high level character I could show up to fight the monster along with the others even if I wasn't joined in their team.

I've never found another MMO type game I felt was a good replacement for City of Heroes.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2018, 3:56 pm

VIDEODROME wrote:
I used to play City of Heroes / CIty of Villains until NCSoft killed for vague reasons. I wasn't sure if so many people using the character designer to recreate characters from other properties was putting the game in an awkward position.

I liked talking to people through text in the game, joining missions when people broadcast looking to start a team, or joining groups to fight a Giant Monster in one of the cities. For what it's worth, I liked that if I had a high level character I could show up to fight the monster along with the others even if I wasn't joined in their team.

I've never found another MMO type game I felt was a good replacement for City of Heroes.

They killed it because they are NCSoft. Let's just say, they are NOT a good company. Never were. They have a bloody horrible reputation for alot of reasons.

And yeah, you're not going to find a replacement for that one, not anymore. CoH originally came out around the same time WoW did. So, the genre hadnt been corrupted yet. Now though, it has. Sigh.

jikijiki53
Raven
Raven

19 Apr 2018, 4:21 pm

I have just received news a couple days ago that MapleStory (the MMORPG that I play) will be having a sequel. The trailer for it is pretty darn cool. I read an article that said it will have some Minecraft elements from within it. Which is interesting. PM me if you want more info about it.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 8:07 pm

I actually love the WoW style of MMO, not necessarily the tab target hotbar based combat but the endgame focus on raiding. I just don't like the way it can't really be that flexible in how you play it - encouraging you to play each week/day for repeatable objectives, and weekly lockouts for raids are annoying. And of course, most raids beyond easier difficulties need a regular group, which means scheduling time for play. It's not the way I like to play games these days - in my own time, when I feel like it.

lostxprophit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Apr 2018, 11:15 pm

I play mostly WoW and ESO nowadays

However my very first MMO will always be Runescape

Self Diagnosed

No longer Active on here; I have moved to AutisimForums/AspieCentral under the username Isadoorian

jxiong01
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Apr 2018, 7:07 pm

i like to play mmorpg that play a broad game there not much out there

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 10:25 pm

I prefer the MOBA League of Legends, to most MMOs I have seen...I think MMOs have way too much going on, also seems like it would be more time consuming. League of Legends has matches that last maybe an hour at longest which I find preferable.

I am kind of curious about skyrim online or whatever, which is probably more of an MMO...but not even sure about that one, I do like the game skyrim but not sure I'd like a more mmo version or not.

lostxprophit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2018, 11:04 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I prefer the MOBA League of Legends, to most MMOs I have seen...I think MMOs have way too much going on, also seems like it would be more time consuming. League of Legends has matches that last maybe an hour at longest which I find preferable.

I am kind of curious about skyrim online or whatever, which is probably more of an MMO...but not even sure about that one, I do like the game skyrim but not sure I'd like a more mmo version or not.

I play Elder Scrolls Online and I love it; the world's huge and there's lots to explore, and the DLCs and Morrowind Expansion are also very great, and I'm quite excited for the Summerset Expansion

A couple years ago they introduced a update called One Tamriel iirc and it made it so that all the Quests, Zones, and Enemies etc. scale with your Characters level, so you can go anywhere and do any quest without restriction

Also, if you buy the Summerset Pre-purchase currently, you'll also get the Base Game and Morrowind Expansion along with it!

If you'd like, the optional ESO Plus Membership gives you access to all the DLCs, along with future ones, and you also get Crowns, the in-game Currency to buy stuff from the Crown Store from if you keep on with your Subscription

Self Diagnosed

No longer Active on here; I have moved to AutisimForums/AspieCentral under the username Isadoorian