Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2018, 9:13 am

So hi everyone :).

I have been away for so long that I probably don't know a great deal of the people who is active these days. So I'll reintroduce myself :).

I am a South American guy, I realized I had autism back in 2012 and joined this group out of a desire to understand myself better and connect with others who were similar to me. It worked out pretty well, and for two years I was active and happy. Then I started coming by more sporadically, as I was feeling I had my life under control, that I could continue on my own, and that I just didn't have enough time to contribute once my real life responsibilities took over.

Heh.

Why am I here? Back then I was a student. I lived with my sister and near my parents, and I depended mostly of them, and nobody depended on me. Now I am working in Southeast Asia. Now my flatmates are people who used to be strangers and are less accomodating than my sister. Now if I screw up the consequences are not getting bad grades, they are failing to my coworkers and possibly getting fired. The stakes are much higher, and I've found that I cannot just try to live while ignoring my ASD or thinking I can control it or easily deal with it. I want to see how the other people around here deal with these issues, to share tips and information. Holding a job while having executive disfunction? Being in a workplace where people are aware of your ASD, and how to help them to help you? The future looks interesting. I will probably be asking a lot of questions at the beginning, but I will also be sharing answers and wisdom of my own as I keep settling into my adult life.

See ya around!

Zachwashere
Raven
Raven

27 Apr 2018, 10:50 am

Hello, and welcome back to WP!

My coworkers don't yet know that I'm an Aspie, at least, I don't think they have any suspicions.

What I can say about holding down a job, though, is if you are like me then putting to much pressure on yourself is a bad idea. I've lost my fair share of jobs because I put to much pressure on myself to do everything right, which sent my anxiety(especially my social anxiety) through the roof when any little thing was wrong.

Anyway, good luck and welcome back!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2018, 12:58 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2018, 3:13 pm

Welcome back!

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.