Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Persephone5
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 May 2018, 11:10 am

A few days ago I discovered I might be on the spectrum. I relate strongly to most articles, particularly those pertaining to women and every test I've taken puts me in the range, even when I change my answers to be more conservative.

I've read tons of threads and articles and yet, still uncertain, still afraid to talk about it in real life so I figured this would be a good place to start :-)

My childhood is a checklist of almost every trait and experience of girls with aspergers but because I have hid and denied so much, and grown a lot too, I still doubt the validity. I keep going back and forth and ruminating (what's new?). I want answers but am afraid of change so am reluctant to tell my partner even though I know I should.

Me in a nutshell (if you can call paragraphs nutshells)

I'm an American living in England. I'm married with a 2 year-old (nearly 3 yikes!) but haven't accomplished anything of note in my life, not even graduating (US)HS and am currently staying at home with my daughter. It's actually been great so far because I have less stress. I think employment tends to stress me out, even when I enjoy my job. But I worry about once my daughter goes to school, what happens then?

Most people on my mom's side have mental health issues: ADD, OCD,anxiety, manic depression etc

I am pretty sure my mom has Aspergers and my grandpa most likely did too.

I am not sure where I'm going with this except to start a dialogue. I have lots of questions but they might be better asked in a different thread?

Anyway, thanks in advance to whoever reads this!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 1:25 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Persephone5
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 May 2018, 4:50 am

Thanks! :-)

schuplanet
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 May 2018, 6:13 am

Hi Peresephone5

i would say, that being married and raising a small child (and moving from one Country to another) are definitly three huge accomplishments. i haven't done any of those Things (well, i am only 22, but still), but they Sound pretty awesome to me :D

Persephone5
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 May 2018, 2:31 pm

I guess because I am only just realizing that I might be on the spectrum, I never viewed it as an accomplishment because I am just "tagging along" with my husband. He went back to school to get a masters degree and then got a job and I have just been here, doing nothing.

But, it WAS a big deal to come here that's for sure and I miss my family a lot sometimes

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 1:54 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Bronzelincolns
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 May 2018, 10:34 am

a woman being in the home and raising her children is FAR from "doing nothing". it's one of the most important employments out there in bringing up the future of our society.

perish the thought of thinking you're of no value.