Page 1 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2018, 12:57 pm

Let's work on a list of evil america has done (Avoiding things that are still highly common, like abortion)
Here's my current list.

Treatment of the natives (Breaking contracts, shoving people of their land, viewing them as lesser)
Slavery
Jim crow laws
Institutions (So highly abusive many children didn't make it to adulthood.)
Disabled children being left to starve or being refused surgeries.
Eugenics (WE inspired the Nazis)
Concentration camps for Japanese Americans.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2018, 1:07 pm

Arganger wrote:
Let's work on a list of evil america has done.

Electing Trump.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2018, 1:41 pm

hobojungle wrote:
Arganger wrote:
Let's work on a list of evil america has done.

Electing Trump.

I think the real issue was letting the election get between cruella deville and John Ratcliffe.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2018, 3:04 pm

Arganger wrote:
Let's work on a list of evil america has done (Avoiding things that are still highly common, like abortion)

Abortion isn't evil.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2018, 3:08 pm

War on Drugs
Militarizing law enforcement

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2018, 3:25 pm

Enslaving African people.

Using unethical human experimentation as early as the late 19th century and continued into as late as the 1960's. The test subjects included African slaves, small children, and people with mental disabilities. The US might still be secretly doing it even now. :x

Spending all their wealth on war while ignoring or blaming poor people in their own country.

The 2018 election between a black widow spider and an orange cockroach.

Allowing autistic people in ABA to be abused and even punished with electric shocks just for being who they are, while it's less acceptable to abuse animals or even prisoners.

Bombing Hiroshima.

Slaughtering Native Americans.

However, I don't believe abortion is evil.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2018, 4:44 pm

Like lostonearth35 and DarthMetaKnight said, abortion isn't evil.

- nearly wiping out wolves, and still be too eager to restart wolf hunts
- too slow to enforce TED on nets and not forcing Louisiana to make them the law
- Trump
- Trump administration's attempted slaughter of the ESA
- Trump trying to legalize ivory import
- too slow to protect marine areas and sea turtles

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 12:35 am

Continued meddling in other countries political and economic affairs to support their own economic and political interests, no matter the cost or the consequences for those countries.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 8:49 pm

Putting young college students in $100,000+ student loans.

Welcome to debt slavery!

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 10:57 am

Why make this list? I'm surprised you're all just going along with it.

quincium
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2018, 11:02 am

Capitalism / holding wealth, private property, and the right to exploit others as more valuable than the rights of the working class and the lives of marginalized individuals.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 1:46 pm

Drake wrote:
Why make this list? I'm surprised you're all just going along with it.

Because I'm sick of people saying that America is so great whenever another country did something wrong, when we have done horrible terrible things that just get ignored.

I wish that the asking for things that are still highly common not to be mentioned was noticed, because I'm not in the mood for a fight, and hate the right-left hatred. things still happening are much more open for interpretation. Which is why I said to exclude things like abortion (Which I am highly against for many reasons), anything mentioning trump would fall into that.

I am thinking about writing and illustrating a short book on the evils in America's past, and I don't want to miss anything.

Here's what I have:

Treatment of the natives (Breaking contracts, shoving people of their land, viewing them as lesser, killing them)
Slavery
Jim crow laws
Institutions (So highly abusive many children didn't make it to adulthood.)
Disabled children being left to starve or being refused surgeries.
Eugenics (WE inspired the Nazis)
Concentration camps for Japanese Americans.
Abusive therapies
Wiping out animals, and harming the landscape.
Unethical experimentation
Treatment of farm animals.

Taradine
Raven
Raven

09 May 2018, 1:48 pm

most of these things are hardly exclusive to america, and i would even argue that britain was worse in some respects.

and you cannot be serious if you actually think america inspired the nazis. if that's true, then i guess every other european country in the 20s and 30s inspired the nazis too, because pretty much all of them had some sort of racist, fascist and/or irridentist movement going on at the time, the losers of WWI especially.

Last edited by Taradine on 09 May 2018, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 1:48 pm

We did not inspire the Nazis......

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 1:56 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
We did not inspire the Nazis......

We did, and america signaled the start of eugenics. In Hitler's own words it is where he go the idea,
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2004/feb/06/race.usa

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 2:00 pm

Taradine wrote:
most of these things are hardly exclusive to america, and i would even argue that britain was worse in some respects.

and you cannot be serious if you actually think america inspired the nazis. if that's true, then i guess every other european country in the 20s and 30s inspired the nazis too, because pretty much all of them had some sort of racist, fascist and/or irridentist movement going on at the time, the losers of WWI especially.

America forcibly sterilized 70,000 people.
"I wish very much that the wrong people could be prevented entirely from breeding; and when the evil nature of these people is sufficiently flagrant, this should be done. Criminals should be sterilized and feeble-minded persons forbidden to leave offspring behind them" -theodore roosevelt

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... ilizations

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2004/feb/06/race.usa

America was the beginning and one of the biggest pushers for eugenics. Even if Hitler took it further.