Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 8:33 am

jon85 wrote:
Are you transgender?

No. So no, I do not know from personal experience what it means to feel like my sex and my gender don't match.

I do know from experience, however, how easily the mind can trick us. I do from experience know how it can fool us into thinking we want something that's really bad for us. I've seen it among the people I love, and I've seen it in myself.

The key to knowing yourself is to understand that you can never trust your own emotions.

And, unfortunately, knowing what's good for you and what's bad for you is an increasingly rare capability, because we're ever more taught to blindly abide to every emotion. The art of reason is becoming a lost art!

jon85 wrote:
And they were inhumane. Forcing people to adhere to what they considered a social 'norm' was and believing a transgender or gay person was clinically insane and they definitely were not treat with respect.

As an Autistic person, I know what it is to deviate from the norm.

By no means am I promoting the idea that we must force people into a mold they simply don't fit in.

jon85 wrote:
And the fact that people are not born transgender? If you're not transgender then you can't possibly understand.

I was quoting someone who changed his gender twice.

jon85 wrote:
People ARE born that way, it is scientifically proven that it is a chemical development that occurs in the brain during a fetus time in the womb.

So what if it is? I chemical developments pre-birth are the cause, maybe chemical treatments during your lifetime are sufficient to treat it.

jon85 wrote:
You have absolutely no clue. I was ready to respect your opinion, but your ignorance to see actual facts has made me change my mind.

Again, I was quoting someone who changed his gender twice.

Last edited by aspiesavant on 18 Jun 2018, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2018, 8:45 am

aspiesavant wrote:
jon85 wrote:
Are you transgender?

No. So no, I do not know from personal experience what it means to feel like my sex and my gender don't match.

I do know from experience, however, how easily the mind can trick us. I do from experience know how it can fool us into thinking we want something that's really bad for us. I've seen it among the people I love, and I've seen it in myself.

The key to knowing yourself is to understand that you can ever trust your own emotions.

I'd like to believe that this is your 'opinion' and not fact in any way.

Since you are not transgender, then no, you can't possibly understand how it feels to live trapped in a physical body that completely 100% rejects any mutual feelings towards it. And i believe that GID goes way beyond emotion. In a perfect world I would have been happy with my birth gender. You can't just disregard a pull from within that makes one feel physically sick every time they look at themselves in the mirror. I despised my female form. It made me depressed. And i tried to force myself to live with it. I didn't even know i was transgender until I was 21. Before that, I just tried my best to be who i thought i was and I could never fully, truly understand that actual pain i felt inside. The amount of times I was extremely close to pulling a knife on myself to perform some sort of back alley hysterectomy with zero regard to whether I would survive it or not was way more than the fingers and toes i possess.

Transgenderism is real, it is not a phase, or a feeling, or a choice. It is a scientific medical disorder that is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain developed in the womb. I have witnessed those who are transgender try to escape it and their lives are miserable. The suicide rate for untransitioned GID sufferers where treatment is either withheld or prohibited is way way way more than the death rate of those who have transitioned and regretted it. I promise you this.

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 9:06 am

jon85 wrote:
I'd like to believe that this is your 'opinion' and not fact in any way.

It is a well-established fact that emotions are very unreliable and that people are easily tricked by their own mind.

jon85 wrote:
Since you are not transgender, then no, you can't possibly understand how it feels to live trapped in a physical body that completely 100% rejects any mutual feelings towards it.

No disagreement here.

jon85 wrote:
In a perfect world I would have been happy with my birth gender.

In a perfect world, I would not be socially awkward. In a perfect world, most "neurotypicals" would not be so bloody irrational.

Unfortunately, we live not in a perfect world. In fact, we live in a pretty dysfunctional one!

jon85 wrote:
You can't just disregard a pull from within that makes one feel physically sick every time they look at themselves in the mirror. I despised my female form. It made me depressed.

Have you always had felt like this?

Even as a toddler?

Is there no way this could have been caused by some kind of childhood trauma?

jon85 wrote:
I didn't even know i was transgender until I was 21. Before that, I just tried my best to be who i thought i was and I could never fully, truly understand that actual pain i felt inside.

How can you not know?

Most teens struggle with their sexuality and their identity as teens. In fact, that's pretty much what defines puberty.

At what point did you come to the conclusion that your struggle is different from that of other people?

And what make you think that it's your sex that's the main problem?

jon85 wrote:
The amount of times I was extremely close to pulling a knife on myself to perform some sort of back alley hysterectomy with zero regard to whether I would survive it or not was way more than the fingers and toes i possess.

Several of my closest friends have engaged in self-mutilation at some point in their lives. All of them suffered neglect or abuse during childhood.

I myself contemplated suicide all the time when I was a teen. Heck, I could have been one of those high school shooters if I had had access to a gun when I was a teen.

Life is hard as a teen for everyone... especially if you're Autistic... and even more if you've suffered from abuse or neglect before you reached adulthood.

jon85 wrote:
Transgenderism is real, it is not a phase, or a feeling, or a choice. It is a scientific medical disorder that is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain developed in the womb. I have witnessed those who are transgender try to escape it and their lives are miserable.

I'm not saying gender dysphoria is not a real medical disorder.

I'm just saying that there are many approaches towards treating this disorder. And based on my research into the matter (I'm a total INTP), sex changes are unlikely to be the best treatment option and may make things worse in the case of many people.

If it worked out great for you, that's awesome. I'm happy for you. But let's not recommend it to anyone who experiences gender dysphoria, especially to minors. Just because it worked out great for you, that doesn't mean it works out great for everyone with this condition... or even the majority.

Once you remove you're genitals, you can't just paste them back if you change your mind.

Last edited by aspiesavant on 18 Jun 2018, 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 9:09 am

There are times when I wish I knew what a woman feels like....

AceofPens
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2018, 9:29 am

I can't figure out if I'm dysphoric or not. I'm definitely masculine. I have short hair, and I wear boys' clothes. I get a little sense of satisfaction when people mistake me for a guy. Honestly, if I could make the choice right now to just suddenly be male, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But the idea of transitioning in reality is appalling to me. Maybe because my transition could never be complete, due to some unalterable aspects of my appearance, but I don't feel like changing my body would change how I feel. I think what I experience is different from what transexuals go through, too. In my case, I feel like I should've been born male, not that I am male. So I intend to deal with what dysphoria I have by indulging in my masculinity as far as I please. I won't bind or anything like that because I don't want to choose to reject my body, as I do feel I have a choice in the matter. But I don't try to conform to a feminine standard. It works for me.

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 9:47 am

AceofPens wrote:
In my case, I feel like I should've been born male, not that I am male. So I intend to deal with what dysphoria I have by indulging in my masculinity as far as I please. I won't bind or anything like that because I don't want to choose to reject my body, as I do feel I have a choice in the matter. But I don't try to conform to a feminine standard. It works for me.

Before "transgenderism" became a trend, there have always been tomboys. Tomboys are basically androgynous women who look, think, feel and/or behave like a man but who still identify as female. Tomboys are especially common among Lesbians, but they can be straight as well.

To me, you sound like a typical tomboy.

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2018, 9:54 am

Quote:
Have you always had felt like this?

Even as a toddler?

Is there no way this could have been caused by some kind of childhood trauma?

As a toddler i can't comment as my memory doesn't go back that far. But my first memory of the difference I felt was when i was about 4 when I openly commented to a buy in my infant class that I wanted to be a boy when i grew up. I didn't know what i was saying, i didn't know that it may not have been possible and i dont know what made me say it, but i did. Many feelings developed as I aged towards my teens that i did not understand, including dreaming of being male and waking up feeling sad because I had woken up (around age 7). As a teen I was so concerned about the kind of things I could do to prevent my body maturing like the other girls bodies. Where everyone were showing off their wide hips and new bra's and getting all excited about it, i was digging myself an emotional hole to hide in.

Quote:
How can you not know?

Most teens struggle with their sexuality and their identity as teens. In fact, that's pretty much what defines puberty.

At what point did you come to the conclusion that your struggle is different from that of other people?

And what make you think that it's your sex that's the main problem?

I didn't know. When I was 15 i had a very random thought about having a sex change but i immediately dismissed it because i thought that it was impossible to do so. Again, the same thought at 17. And occurring more frequent, but all i did was dismiss the thoughts. I wasn't well enough educated on transgenderism, i didn't really know what it was. So yeah, i seriously did not know i was transgender despite everything pointing that direction. It wasn't until I had finally had enough of batting back the thoughts and feelings I decided to turn to the internet to see if I could understand better the feelings I had. I then saw that sex changes were possible and free on the NHS that without an inch of doubt knew that was my path.

It was clear that my physical sex was the problem. When i said i dreamt i was a boy in a dream i had when i was 7, i had a penis. The fact i did not have a penis when i woke up felt 'wrong'. And every thought I had, every urge of a sexual nature revolved around the male anatomy. That really does screw with your head when you realise you dont have a male anatomy. Imagine that you were born without arms. And a part of your brain will be tricked into thinking your body has arms, but you don't. So a solution would be to seek out treatment in order to flfil the desire your brain has to gain arms - be it a prosthetic, a transplant or a bionic arm (speaking hyperthetically here, i know its not possible to have limb transplants... yet). But there really is no difference here. A missing limb is a missing limb. At birth you won't understand, but as you grow you do.

Quote:
Several of my closest friends have engaged in self-mutilation at some point in their lives.

I myself contemplated suicide all the time when I was a teen. Heck, I could have been one of those high school shooters if I had had access to a gun when I was a teen.

Life is hard as a teen for everyone, and especially if you're Autistic.

I was a depressed teen too. And i didn't know why and I really struggled to be able to communicate to adults how I was feeling and why it was so confusing, thats what made me mutilate myself, for the attention. For someone to turn around and say: "Are you alright?" just that no one ever did.

I understand that you may have experienced some things that no one should ever have to experience. I know how these kind of things can sway a persons way of thinking. Yes, GID takes lives, before and after transition. But I dont believe that a sex change is the cause. I believe the quality of treatment is the main thing to take into consideration here. I'm unsure what part of the world you're in, but here in the UK, the education of the medics in charge of the transitional process is very hit and miss between area's. A part of the treatment here in the UK is extensive psychotherapy and the monitoring of the patients mental health. There are many many factors here that can cause a medical professional to make a judgement in stopping a patients treatment in regards the quality of their mental health. Which, when discussing these things with other GID sufferers, can't seem fair, and I really felt for them. But now that I'm over that bridge myself, I completely understand why they would do that. If someone is not mentally stable, this is what will cause the suicidal issues after transition. I have seen it too, and those people were the ones who weren't screened fully during their transition. Not all service providers will screen proficiently, be it lack of funding, lack of knowledge or whatever.

During my transition I have been part of the transgender community and have spoken to people from all over the world. The majority do choose to transition and the majority of those I had contact with had no regrets and had much happier lives because of it. It has been extremely rare for anyone to go downhill to the point of suicide after transition. And I am absolutely sure that mental health and lack of preparation would have been the main cause of this. Also, lets not forget that many transgenders don't go the full way with surgeries. Some are happy to just be on hormonal therapy, some will be happy with one surgery or the other, not both. That is up to them to decide where their limit is in regards treatment.

Have you also considered that there may be a certain pressure amongst transgendered to go the full way? If someone is very unsure, they may feel persuaded to go for both ops without thinking it through properly.

I'm also concerned about the way the US deals with the transitioning. If someone has the money, is it not easy to just go to a surgeon and have them do the op without first going through extensive therapy? Correct me if i'm wrong there.

If a person truly is transgender on a deep level, the only cure is transition. It may not be fully, but to go the other way to surpress such a strong and complicated 'nature' does not seem right to me at all. Surely that would have a way more adverse affect on ones mental health?

If you want to see true facts, I suggest you join a transgender message board and see for yourself the positive outlook on life most of them have once transitioned. I just simply cannot explain to you how amazing it is to finally be one with your body. Nobody should be denied that. Nobody.

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 10:48 am

jon85 wrote:
Many feelings developed as I aged towards my teens that i did not understand, including dreaming of being male and waking up feeling sad because I had woken up (around age 7).

What was it about being a boy that you found more appealing than being a girl?

jon85 wrote:
As a teen I was so concerned about the kind of things I could do to prevent my body maturing like the other girls bodies. Where everyone were showing off their wide hips and new bra's and getting all excited about it, i was digging myself an emotional hole to hide in.

Insecurity and social awkwardness alone could be a reason feel this uncomfortable in your body and the changes it's experiencing during puberty.

jon85 wrote:
It was clear that my physical sex was the problem. When i said i dreamt i was a boy in a dream i had when i was 7, i had a penis. The fact i did not have a penis when i woke up felt 'wrong'. And every thought I had, every urge of a sexual nature revolved around the male anatomy.

How did you even know what a penis was? Or sex?

Back when I was 7, I was totally clueless about the existence of sex or what female anatomy looked like.

jon85 wrote:
If someone is not mentally stable, this is what will cause the suicidal issues after transition.

Can you say that ANYONE with GID is really mentally stable pre-transition? Isn't pro-longed depression / unhappiness the very reason you want depression in the first place?

jon85 wrote:
The majority do choose to transition and the majority of those I had contact with had no regrets and had much happier lives because of it.

How long was it since they had their transition?

Changes in life this drastic typically start with a period of euphoria. And it can take a while for that euphoria to wear off. It's only at that point that you can seriously assess the success of transition.

jon85 wrote:
It has been extremely rare for anyone to go downhill to the point of suicide after transition.

According to this swedish study, transgender individuals who have had sex-reassignment surgery are still 19 times more likely to die by suicide than is the general population. That's quite a high rate!

jon85 wrote:
Also, lets not forget that many transgenders don't go the full way with surgeries. Some are happy to just be on hormonal therapy, some will be happy with one surgery or the other, not both.

Are you aware of any cases where people are administered hormones corresponding with the sex assigned at birth instead of hormones of the opposite sex? I wonder how the results of both approaches compare.

jon85 wrote:
Have you also considered that there may be a certain pressure amongst transgendered to go the full way? If someone is very unsure, they may feel persuaded to go for both ops without thinking it through properly.

That's actually my main concern.

"Transgenderism" has become trendy among millennials, and this may encourage many people to make drastic, irreversible changes to their body they don't really need to be happy... and that may even make them more depressed!

jon85 wrote:
If someone has the money, is it not easy to just go to a surgeon and have them do the op without first going through extensive therapy?

Because of the drastic and (at least partially) irreversible nature of biological sex change, it is only reasonable to first tackle the issue with extensive therapy.

jon85 wrote:
If a person truly is transgender on a deep level, the only cure is transition. It may not be fully, but to go the other way to surpress such a strong and complicated 'nature' does not seem right to me at all. Surely that would have a way more adverse affect on ones mental health?

Maybe. Or maybe taking female hormones would have made you feel more feminine and in touch with your female body and could have removed the need for a transition.

Again, I'd love to learn about studies on that if there are any.

jon85 wrote:
I just simply cannot explain to you how amazing it is to finally be one with your body. Nobody should be denied that. Nobody.

I guess the closest thing I can relate to this experience in my life, was when I took methylone for the first time... or LSD... any other substance that drastically altered the way I perceived the world around me, how I perceived myself and/or how others perceived me... in a positive way. These substances changed me in a multitude of ways I could never have possibly imagined.

I guess it is those experiences that make me believe that tinkering with your neurochemistry is all it takes to make you feel complete... even with your condition. It's hard to fathom, really, how the abundance or lack of a single substance in your brain can totally alter your perception.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 12:29 pm

How can gender dysphoria mimic autism?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 12:39 pm

I never felt anything about my gender. I am just female because that is what I am and was assigned with. I don't understand how people can be confused about gender, just look between your legs and look at your own body unless you are intersex. I am not talking about trans here obviously.

As a kid I was a tomboy and still I didn't feel confused. I played in the mud, played in the sand, climbed trees, played with action figures. I like computers and video games. I am not really into fashion or make up. Still I am not confused about gender. I mostly wear pants and shorts. Only time I ever dress up is for special occasions. I wear dresses when it's hot out or shorts.

My son likes Shopkins and he isn't confused about his gender because of it. He even plays with my old Barbies sometimes and my daughter plays with mega blocks.

I don't get how cis people can be confused about their own gender. f**k gender roles. Who cares what you like, that doesn't define your gender. Are people gatekeeping about gender or what? "I can't be female because I am surgeon. Am I really a female or does this mean I am trans, am I agender?"

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 12:56 pm

aspiesavant wrote:
Nonsense wrote:
Hating those who want nothing good for you is a healthy response.

How is hate EVER a healthy response?

What makes you think that I don't want what's good for you?

And what makes you so certain that mutilating your body is a healthy response to gender dysphoria when there's ample examples of people feeling more miserable after than before their surgery (with some even changing their sex back to their original sex)?

This is why trans people have to go through so many hoops before they can get hormone therapy and a sex reassignment surgery. They need to see a therapist first who specializes in this stuff to help them understand why they feel the way they do before they can decide if it's gender dysphoria they are experiencing.

I am guessing this Walt guy here had money so he was able to pay for it out of his own pocket. Most people cannot afford that so they need to go through hoops first before they can make the change.

I am sure not all people who identify as a different gender are actually trans. Not trying to gatekeep anyone here. Chris Chan is someone I am skeptical about who is now Christine Chandler.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 1:06 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There are times when I wish I knew what a woman feels like....

What does being a guy feel like?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 1:22 pm

The reason why trans people are still depressed and why suicide rates are higher among them is because of prejudice and bigotry against them and people still feeling they are the gender they were assigned with. Their families still reject them, disown them because they come from a religious background, they still face discrimination, people still don't see them as the gender they identify with, etc. There is even deaths among them and them being beaten up and the fear trans have to live in, especially when dating.

Hollow_Cavallo
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jun 2018, 2:50 pm

I'm trans FTM, been on HRT for 2 1/2 years. I have had strong dysphoria most of my life. I call it social dysphoria because my issues were never more than skin deep physically. I have issues with people, imbalanced emotional/ intellectual maturity, and aggression from my childhood. Now I'm very happy and feel in my right place in life. The testosterone has changed my attitude and symptoms to a more masculine presentation which surprised me and took some relearning. For me I think it was a combination of AS and traditional dysphoria that made it hard to relate to females.

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2018, 3:49 am

League_Girl wrote:
I don't get how cis people can be confused about their own gender. f**k gender roles. Who cares what you like, that doesn't define your gender. Are people gatekeeping about gender or what? "I can't be female because I am surgeon. Am I really a female or does this mean I am trans, am I agender?"

It is my impression that the more traditional gender roles are disappearing from our culture and the more kids are raised by single parents, the more people start questioning their gender because they have some stereotypical concept of what it means to be male or female and they fail to relate to that concept. In those cases, I definitely don't think sex changes are good approach. It seems to me that all they're missing is a healthy role model of their birth sex.

And then there's issues like emotional neglect and sexual abuse during childhood. These can f**k up people in a myriad of ways, causing anything from self-mutilation and dissociation to gender dysphoria and nymphomania. The more f****d up people are, the more likely it is they suffered from serious neglect or abuse during childhood. Here, also, I don't think a sex change is the way to go. Extensive therapy is usually the best approach here.

Note that I'm not arguing that a sex change or treatment with hormones of the opposite sex is not a the best solution for anyone. Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. I merely wonder how many people gender dysphoria could be helped by other - less invasive - means. When I see a trend like the current "transgender" trend, I can't stop but wondering how many of these "transgender" people aren't really "transgender" and could have been perfectly happy with their birth sex in time (with or without neurochemical treatment) if they hadn't been duped by people who are trying to push some socio-political agenda.

League_Girl wrote:
The reason why trans people are still depressed and why suicide rates are higher among them is because of prejudice and bigotry against them and people still feeling they are the gender they were assigned with. Their families still reject them, disown them because they come from a religious background, they still face discrimination, people still don't see them as the gender they identify with, etc. There is even deaths among them and them being beaten up and the fear trans have to live in, especially when dating.

How much is this going to improve after a sex change, though? I bet it's much easier for an androgynous man or woman to find a job than it is for a "trans man" or a "trans woman", because "transgenderism" is associated with mental instability. This may or may not be erroneous, but you're not going to change this perception any time soon.

Additionally, androgynous people can be very attractive to men and women alike. I've always been attracted to androgyny in women. Heck, half of my exes were tomboys. But I could never be attracted to a "trans man" or a "trans woman". For me, this is a major turn-off. And I'm sure that this is the case for the vast majority of men and women out there.

And no, you can't force an employer to hire someone. Nor can you force people to be attracted to someone either. No matter how many "anti-discrimination" lawsuits you start against companies reluctant to hire "transgender people" or against individuals reluctant to date a "transgender person", you won't be able to change how people feel. Any such lawsuits is likely to only make people less accepting of "transgender" people.

Finally, there's also the issue of reproduction to consider. Depending on how far you go with your transition, it could limit or destroy your ability to reproduce. And even if you can reproduce normally, any hormone treatment you're undergoing may be harmful to the baby. So this is also worth taking into consideration, even if you may not want to have children at this point in your life.

Hollow_Cavallo wrote:
Now I'm very happy and feel in my right place in life. The testosterone has changed my attitude and symptoms to a more masculine presentation which surprised me and took some relearning. For me I think it was a combination of AS and traditional dysphoria that made it hard to relate to females.

Give any man testosterone and he'll also feel happier. The effect of testosterone on the mind is actually similar to that of amphetamines. It can make you more aggressive, but most importantly it makes you feel like you're on top of the world! Low testosterone levels are a common cause of depression among men.

I don't know that much about estrogen, but I can't stop but wondering what would have happened if they'd given you estrogen instead of testosterone.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2018, 1:32 pm

Quote:
Note that I'm not arguing that a sex change or treatment with hormones of the opposite sex is not a the best solution for anyone. Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. I merely wonder how many people gender dysphoria could be helped by other - less invasive - means. When I see a trend like the current "transgender" trend, I can't stop but wondering how many of these "transgender" people aren't really "transgender" and could have been perfectly happy with their birth sex in time (with or without neurochemical treatment) if they hadn't been duped by people who are trying to push some socio-political agenda.

Transgender has always existed. It used to be illegal to live as another gender and we used to just hospitalize them thinking they were crazy. But somehow some have pulled it off well by dressing the opposite gender and living as the other gender without anyone knowing. The first time a sex reassignment surgery occurred was in Denmark in the 1950's.

Scratch that, the first one was done in 1930 in Germany and her name was Lili Elbe and she died from the surgery complications because it was new then. Today, no one dies from it. The person I was thinking of was Christine Jorgensen in Denmark 1952. She was famous so that is why she had noriety about it.
Quote:
But I could never be attracted to a "trans man" or a "trans woman".

If you were bisexual, I don't think it would matter. Same as if you were pansexual.

Quote:
And no, you can't force an employer to hire someone.

I don't see how being trans would affect someone's work performance. If someone can pass as cis, they have privilege. The boss wouldn't need to know they were born male or female.

Quote:
Finally, there's also the issue of reproduction to consider. Depending on how far you go with your transition, it could limit or destroy your ability to reproduce. And even if you can reproduce normally, any hormone treatment you're undergoing may be harmful to the baby. So this is also worth taking into consideration, even if you may not want to have children at this point in your life.

What if they were infertile or childfree?

And transpeople have had kids before, transwomen have impregnated someone and transmen have been pregnant. I remember pregnant man in the media but they didn't mention in the headline he was a transman. And if someone is done having kids, who cares if they destroy their fertility. Women get their tubes tied or men get sniped, I have a IUD. I am sure a transgender person would gladly keep their male/female working parts if they wanted to have kids than getting a sex reassignment surgery. That is a reason why they might not choose to have the operation. I am also sure they can stop their hormone therapy while they are pregnant if it is harmful for the baby. It would only be a 9 month sacrifice and only temporary. Maybe a trans person can chime in here.