I have finished:
-The Art of the Deal (1987)
-Surviving at the Top (1990)
-The Art of the Comeback (1997)
-The America We Deserve (2000)
-How to Get Rich (2004)
And I’m currently finishing up
-Think Like a Billionaire (2004)

I have been amazed at this man. I have gained more respect for him and faith in him the more I have learned.

I am excited to finish the rest of his books.

I fail to see in what he is that extraordinary...

He didn't even write his own books. I guess that would be hard to do when you're functionally illiterate, it's easier to hire a writer than to learn how to read and write. Not sure how he could even afford that though with all his bankruptcies.

One person having to file bankruptcy multiple times (how many is it he has filed--4,5?) after being given a million dollars from their parents I guess is kind of extraordinary, in a way. :lol:

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2018, 8:40 pm

Nope, not tired of winning yet.

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 3:22 am

LOL:

Sky News Australia @SkyNewsAust

Earth has cooled 0.454 degrees Celsius since Donald Trump got elected. That’s the fastest 20 month cooling period since 1916. Another Trump triumph.

5:24 PM - 19 May 2018

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/ ... 1896002560

There Are Four Lights!

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 7:43 am

Darmok wrote:
LOL:

Sky News Australia @SkyNewsAust

Earth has cooled 0.454 degrees Celsius since Donald Trump got elected. That’s the fastest 20 month cooling period since 1916. Another Trump triumph.

5:24 PM - 19 May 2018

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/ ... 1896002560

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 9:52 am

Tollorin wrote:
SocOfAutism wrote:
I have finished:
-How to Get Rich (2004)

I have been amazed at this man. I have gained more respect for him and faith in him the more I have learned.

How do we get rich like Trump?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 12:36 pm

What’s so great about a man that does this.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc. ... icaid-cuts

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 4:09 pm

It's about time. But the real question is whether the FBI/DOJ is too corrupt to be able to engage in a real investigation.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
I hereby demand, and will do so officially tomorrow, that the Department of Justice look into whether or not the FBI/DOJ infiltrated or surveilled the Trump Campaign for Political Purposes - and if any such demands or requests were made by people within the Obama Administration!
1:37 PM - May 20, 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 4590193665

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 8:03 pm

Well that didn't take long.

Rod Rosenstein asks DOJ inspector general to review possible Trump campaign infiltration

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein asked the Justice Department's inspector general Sunday to review whether there was improper politically motivated surveillance of the Trump campaign in 2016.

Rosenstein made the request shortly after a tweet from President Trump saying that he would "officially" ask "that the Department of Justice look into whether or not the FBI/DOJ infiltrated or surveilled the Trump Campaign for Political Purposes."

In a statement, Rosenstein said: “If anyone did infiltrate or surveil participants in a presidential campaign for inappropriate purposes, we need to know about it and take appropriate action."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... filtration

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 12:13 pm

Poll: Under Trump, Job Market Optimism at Highest Point Ever Recorded

The average American is more optimistic about their ability to find a job under the Trump administration than at any point previously recorded, according to a new poll.

Data released by Gallup on Monday showed 67 percent of Americans believe now is a "good time" to find a quality job. The results were buoyed across gender lines, with 71 percent of males and 59 percent of females decidedly optimistic about the job market.

The data stretched across all age, income, and education groups. Americans between the ages of 30 and 49 years old were unmistakably more confident about their job prospects this spring compared to in the months leading up to the 2016 election. The survey found that between August-October of 2016 (47 percent) and March-April 2018 (66 percent), job market optimism grew by 19 percent amongst that age group.

The data is at the highest point ever recorded, since Gallup began asking respondents about job market optimism in August 2001.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/poll-trump ... -recorded/

There Are Four Lights!

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 8:56 am

Most professionals are not writers. I ghostwrote for a physician for many years. Typically what is done is that a person records their thoughts, they read it back over and okay it afterward. The writer who helps them gets credit and no one publishes things without the main authors approval. I never understand this “he didn’t write them alone so they don’t count” argument.

His books are full of positive thinking and examples of turning negative situations into positive ones. The time period I’m currently reading from is 2004, so there were not many negative situations.

One of the most illuminating points-I forget if it was in this book or the one or two before-is that he doesn’t do anything without finding out everything possible about it first. I believe he made a serious testing of the waters in 2000 about a presidential run and has spent the entire time since then researching and preparing. I think The Apprentice was some kind of media ploy, perhaps to build up a WWE-like persona. I think his real personality is what we see in the old Oprah interview from the 1980s.

I have found that the titles of the books are meaningless. They have very little to do with the book content. The Art of the Comeback was more about his feelings (you don’t get much of that in general). How to Get Rich and Think Like a Billionaire are largely about things like how to not be a douchebag and look like a champ instead and what he does day to day. In his early books he straight out says that he finds lots of people interesting, even people whose behavior he finds abhorrent. In the later books, he just says everyone is fantastic. He name drops constantly, which is useful. Like, it’s no revelation that he has Saudi ties. They’ve been buying things back and forth for 30 years. Yet he said very plainly in...The Art of the Comeback I believe, that he found the Trump Princess (worlds biggest yacht) that he bought from them creepy and he personally did not use it. He just wanted to say he had it. I mean, I don’t like my neighbor across the street. If I were able, I would totally buy the land around him just to irritate him. I understand many of these stories in these books-I would do the same if I was rich.

I just ordered the next four books. I’m about to start a book of quotes and then the one after is about golf. :/ I’m not into golf, but I made a commitment to myself to read them all.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 1:57 pm

SocOfAutism wrote:
Most professionals are not writers. I ghostwrote for a physician for many years. Typically what is done is that a person records their thoughts, they read it back over and okay it afterward. The writer who helps them gets credit and no one publishes things without the main authors approval. I never understand this “he didn’t write them alone so they don’t count” argument.

His books are full of positive thinking and examples of turning negative situations into positive ones. The time period I’m currently reading from is 2004, so there were not many negative situations.

One of the most illuminating points-I forget if it was in this book or the one or two before-is that he doesn’t do anything without finding out everything possible about it first. I believe he made a serious testing of the waters in 2000 about a presidential run and has spent the entire time since then researching and preparing. I think The Apprentice was some kind of media ploy, perhaps to build up a WWE-like persona. I think his real personality is what we see in the old Oprah interview from the 1980s.

I have found that the titles of the books are meaningless. They have very little to do with the book content. The Art of the Comeback was more about his feelings (you don’t get much of that in general). How to Get Rich and Think Like a Billionaire are largely about things like how to not be a douchebag and look like a champ instead and what he does day to day. In his early books he straight out says that he finds lots of people interesting, even people whose behavior he finds abhorrent. In the later books, he just says everyone is fantastic. He name drops constantly, which is useful. Like, it’s no revelation that he has Saudi ties. They’ve been buying things back and forth for 30 years. Yet he said very plainly in...The Art of the Comeback I believe, that he found the Trump Princess (worlds biggest yacht) that he bought from them creepy and he personally did not use it. He just wanted to say he had it. I mean, I don’t like my neighbor across the street. If I were able, I would totally buy the land around him just to irritate him. I understand many of these stories in these books-I would do the same if I was rich.

I just ordered the next four books. I’m about to start a book of quotes and then the one after is about golf. :/ I’m not into golf, but I made a commitment to myself to read them all.

Oh yeah, I'm sure Trump's books are full of wisdom. Trump is always saying such wise and knowing things, so if it's just his thoughts written down then it should be full of really interesting and illuminating material.

:lmao:

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 10:18 pm

So, his books seem to be mostly about glorifying his life.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2018, 9:44 pm

"Pres. Trump shook the hands of [more than 1000] graduates of the Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland for nearly 90 minutes this afternoon. Here’s every single one in 41 seconds."

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/10000706 ... 08/video/1

There Are Four Lights!

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2018, 9:57 pm

Damn sure seems to be doing a bang-up job so far.
At this time I see no reason why he won't get a second term.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2018, 10:13 pm

All 1000 handshakes for the Naval Academy graduates. :D

There Are Four Lights!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 12:26 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
SocOfAutism wrote:
I have finished:
-How to Get Rich (2004)

How do we get rich like Trump?

step one: be born into a rich family

damn! i'm stuck. :?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.