Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ChurchGoingGirl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 May 2018, 7:36 pm

Hi, as a child people thought I might be autistic, but I spoke and did mostly normal things. I had trouble at school and was homeschooled, and never really socialized with anyone but my own family. People thought I was strange a bit I guess. My parents didn't want me to go to special classes, and always wanted to give me options in life, without being labelled. They worked hard to get me out of bad situations. I began to learn about aspergers syndrome as a 20 something young woman, and went to this site before it developed so much. I also was kind of asexual and gender neutral and still might be don't know.

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2018, 8:16 pm

Welcome!

So your profile says you're diagnosed. Is this recent, or have had the diagnosis for a while?

ChurchGoingGirl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 May 2018, 8:27 pm

I put not sure on my profile, don't know how that got there. How do you change it?

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2018, 8:52 pm

ChurchGoingGirl wrote:
I put not sure on my profile, don't know how that got there. How do you change it?

Before starting this, make sure you're in a forum page (such as this post!), not the overall landing page or something like that, because clicking "My Account" from a page outside the forum takes you to the a different profile page that doesn't have the right settings!

My Account (top right)

Under "Profile" on left side, click "Edit profile"

About a third of the way down the screen, choose the option you want for "Diagnosis".

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2018, 9:44 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

lostxprophit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2018, 9:52 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay! :)

Do try to not mind the constant "Take Pity on Me" posts some of the other guys post in the forums here (you'll find who they are quick enough); they're just having bad luck in the dating world is all :roll:

Self Diagnosed

No longer Active on here; I have moved to AutisimForums/AspieCentral under the username Isadoorian

skiddlebugz
Toucan
Toucan

20 May 2018, 12:49 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet my friend! That's what most of my childhood was but without being homeschooled. I got diagnosed when i was around 13 or 14 with Autism so I know how it is with questioning what disability and/or disorder you have for awhile. :)

plokijuh
Toucan
Toucan

29 May 2018, 2:39 am

Welcome to WP :) I was homeschooled too which had benefits in terms of lots of time/ space to pursue special interests, but difficult in that it meant my issues weren't accurately dealt with and now I'm unlearning 30+ years of confusion and assuming everything was my fault. I also have a slightly awkward relationship with feeling feminine, but I'm realising I'm actually a fairly typical "aspie" female, rather than just a weirdo. I feel much more comfortable about that since diagnosis. I'm also "church going" :)

AQ: 42 (Scores in the 33-50 range indicate significant Austistic traits)
RAADS-R: 165
RDOS: Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 44 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)