Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 4:15 am

On a whole I can’t stand lateness it irritates me. Can cause me to go to super rage sometimes.

I know there are times it can’t be helped but I also know there are times that there is no reason for lateness.

What furiorates me more is public transport lateness. Again there are times it is unavoidable I understand that but this morning for example I waited for a bus that suppose to run every 10 minutes but waited 30 minutes. There was no disruptions, no traffic the bus I was waiting was cancelled with no explanation so ended up waiting for the next bus.

I remember one time waiting at the bus centre for a certain bus. I remember it was a hot summers day in heatwave. There was a bus due at a certain time leaving from the station. There were 3 empty buses parked and 6 drivers just hanging around chatting with each other enjoying the sun and again the bus I was waiting for was cancelled! I was so angry at the time in fact I would say I was one step away from a Meltdown watching them do what they were doing. In my mind one of those six drivers was bound to be the driver doing that run.

MotherOfRats
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jun 2018, 4:30 am

Absolutely.

I really hate being late, other people being late, and it’s one of the Reasons I don’t get on public transport. It makes me super anxious.

NorwichGeorge
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2018, 7:09 am

I hate, hate, hate lateness. It makes me feel so uneasy inside and gradually anxiety will just grow and grow. Like yesterday evening I had some friends who were 45 minutes late (without any message or so saying there were running late which is a little rude as well) and it made my anxiety reach a level that meant I was still feeling anxious at the end of the evening.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 11:50 am

I am so embarrassed when I arrive late even if it is through no fault of my own.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 12:01 pm

When I tell someone "Be there by 09:00 for your interview", and it's 09:15 before they even pull in to the parking lot, I know right away that they are not the right person for the job. While I might proceed with a token interview, I have already decided that they won't get the job.

If I schedule staff meeting "10:00 Sharp", the attendees know to expect that the meeting room doors will be locked at exactly 10:00. Late-comers must knock, wait to be let in, and then give an explanation as to why they are being disrespectful to myself and others by interrupting the meeting with their lack of dedication to their job.

If people cannot or will not do something as simple as show up a few minutes early for an important meeting, then they can't be relied upon to meet any other expectation of their job -- deadlines are important; excuses are not.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 12:10 pm

Some people are late all the time because they think the whole world revolves around them and if they're late the whole world must slow down just for them. My brother has been so bad at arriving on time that once when he arrived at my apartment early I was really shocked. It also didn't help that I was taking a bath! :oops: :lol:
Although I think it was my sil and my two nieces when they were younger that really made my brother late so often.

Of course, where I live the weather often makes being a few minutes late a bit more forgivable, but no less annoying. It's almost summer now so I guess construction and traffic are now to blame. But too many people really need to blame themselves.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 12:20 pm

People are late because: (1) They don't care; (2) They make no provision for what could make them late; (3) They're self-centered enough to believe that their tardiness doesn't matter; (4) They have no concept of time; (5) They have contempt for authority and common decency; (6) They want me to fire them.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 12:35 pm

Someone once told me that lateness is bad organisation which I completely agree with.

I remember few years being at an airport waiting for a flight. The person at the check-in desk told me my flight would be called at 19:15 so I thought fine after a very boring 2 and a half hours it was 19:10 so I stood near the screen in the departure lounge waiting for which gate to go to. 19:15 came it still Wait in Lounge. 19:20 came still said wait in lounge now I’m thinking O Come On. 19:23 I am now panicking is My Flight being called, is there a problem, what do I do if my flight is cancelled then 19:30 my flight was called. To make matters worse they rushed us on the Plane which again did not impress me at all.

What annoyed even more was on the plane they announced to turn your phones and kept there switched on so was treated to sound that horrible interference buzzing. Until the Captain had to explain and announce the reason phones had to be switched. What annoyed these were all responsible adults that could not be bothered to abide by the rules.

Child of the Universe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2018, 6:59 pm

Yep! I have meltdowns over it on occasion. Both me and others being late.

RavenShark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2018, 7:39 pm

On time is late for me. I lose respect for anyone that can't arrive on time, even for social events. It's a sign of selfishness and sloppy personality.

studentM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jun 2018, 11:46 pm

Drive me crazy. I find it disrespectful.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2018, 1:58 pm

People who are always late are the worst. They are self absorbed and don't think about how their behavior affects others. God forbid should I be late even one time. Their whole world falls apart.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2018, 6:20 pm

Fnord wrote:
When I tell someone "Be there by 09:00 for your interview", and it's 09:15 before they even pull in to the parking lot, I know right away that they are not the right person for the job. While I might proceed with a token interview, I have already decided that they won't get the job.

If I schedule staff meeting "10:00 Sharp", the attendees know to expect that the meeting room doors will be locked at exactly 10:00. Late-comers must knock, wait to be let in, and then give an explanation as to why they are being disrespectful to myself and others by interrupting the meeting with their lack of dedication to their job.

If people cannot or will not do something as simple as show up a few minutes early for an important meeting, then they can't be relied upon to meet any other expectation of their job -- deadlines are important; excuses are not.

I carry that same attitude, I hate slowpokes.

Funny story, when my husband first met me, it didn't take him long to learn when I say we are leaving, I mean it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2018, 6:25 pm

My inlaws are very good at this. They are late all the time and I never rely on them. I find if I want them to be here, I give them a earlier time to be here so that they show up on time lol. One time I said what time I was starting my kid's party and I said it starts at one and I won't be waiting. I had my husband send that message to his family. I am starting it at one and I won't be waiting. I hate slow pokes so this is what I am reduced to. They sure came around that time lol.

I guess if you be serious, people will take it seriously and won't be *gasp* late. You just gotta be firm and tough.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2018, 6:27 pm

There is nothing worse to me than people who are constantly late. To me it is a sign of extreme disrespect.

elsapelsa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2018, 1:52 am

I used to absolutely abhor lateness. To the point where I would arrive an hour early for things and just sit there twiddling my fingers watching time pass. All my life I have been early.

Then I got a child whose demand avoidance goes up in times of stress. That took some thinking about. For a while we were always late. But I swallowed my stress at being late for her cool in going through the necessary motions and not picking up stress.

Now after all has been said and done we tend to arrive just on time..... but in a very cool, calm and collected fashion. 8)

I feel the journey has been rather epic, but we have all learnt a lot.

.....apart from my husband, who is always late for everything. I don't even include him in my calculations. Seriously, there is a taxi outside and me and the kids are in it and he is trying on shirts, finishing shaving or drinking coffee. I think he has his own private time zone.