Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

lucas173451
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jul 2018, 12:53 pm

I miss the days where I wasn’t aware of all the drama going on in my family. I miss the days where I wasn’t paranoid about an active shooter everytime I go to school. I miss the days where I wasn’t worried about President Cheeto getting us nuked. I miss the days where I was ignorant, because ignorance is bliss.

Anyone else feel the same?

GuyInABlackSuit
Raven
Raven

06 Jul 2018, 5:27 pm

Hells yeah

Pyromanic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Nov 2018, 11:38 am

No. I like to be vividly aware of everything. How else will I prepare for bad things when they are coming my way? If ignorance is bliss you may as well take drugs to forget everything, and I don't think that's good for anyone.

Arronax
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2018, 3:17 pm

If you're younger you will just place things as threatening that aren't objectively threatening. Like not getting a toy as a child. But it feels like real pain. So the feeling itself doesn't even get worse. You think if you're young and innocent you don't have a worry in the world? But children cry all the time. It's just in hindsight you would classify your worries and nonsensical but back then they felt real.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2018, 3:21 pm

Even though I've lost my innocence in many different ways and some of those ways far younger than I should have, I still feel very innocent. I can be gullible. I'm very distrusting of people in general, but that's partly because I'm overly trusting if that makes sense.

I think I still have a very innocent view of many things.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2018, 3:45 pm

I was never innocent. I grew up in the cold war era. I was aware of nuclear threats, but not that bothered by it. It was just something adults talked about. I've lived long enough without a missile being fired to become complacent.

I remembered a kid thinking America was a very dangerous place. Then as I grew up I realised that was a silly assumption. In 2018 there is no way I would set foot in America. Nor Paris. I never thought Paris would be dangerous 8O

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2018, 4:11 pm

no.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.