Blocked former co-worker for tried to connect with me

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2018, 11:07 am

Hi:
I went to check my LinkedIn account today and I had new notifications about networks. One of those was a former co-worker from that job where I was mistreated by my co-workers and job coaches. This is a group of people who often live on drama and doesn't seem to own up to their bad behavior along.
Examples
1. They like to gossip and make fun of people behind their backs
2. They lie all the time
3. They are very destructive and like to put other people down

At any rate, I was checking my LinkedIn account today and I saw that one of those people tried to connect with me via LinkedIn. I was hesitant but decided not to because I simply cannot trust that group of people. This is along with this person being good friends with the owner who I am oil and water with. She has never taken any such interest before along with feeling that she is so fake. I had also heard from others that she's not very nice. I want to invest my time in people who are positive and not negative ones like her.

I talked to one person and she said that if I don't want contact with her, not to owe her an explanation because that will start trouble.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2018, 3:20 pm

All that commotion you have going on would give me a headache. If you don't want someone in your network, turn down the request. They aren't likely to ask you.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2018, 5:08 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
All that commotion you have going on would give me a headache. If you don't want someone in your network, turn down the request. They aren't likely to ask you.

One of the main reasons why I have chosen not to have her on there is because the environment and the people at this company are incredibly toxic as well as negative and honestly I don't need that in my life. They, in particular, think it's cute and funny to be mean and gossip but I think it's gross, immature and unprofessional.

With that being said, I don't trust that woman because I know she gossiped and made fun of people behind their backs all the time. Being that she is close with my former boss, who I am not on good terms with, I know she and my boss would say mean things about me and cause all kinds of other troubles.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2018, 4:07 pm

I once had a "friend" from college who tried to convince me into believing this sob story that his daughter was sick with this supposed ear infection that hasn't gone away for several days. He needed these expensive steroidal medications. I tried to refer him to my church, who would gladly pay the pharmacy directly. He insisted on paying for it with cash, which was the first of many red flags.

I now know he is divorced and his daughter doesn't even live with him. I gave him some money, but, he then kept asking me for more money. So, I blocked him from my Facebook. That was enough of a message to tell him to back off. I haven't heard from him since.

Summer_Twilight wrote:
HistoryGal wrote:

One of the main reasons why I have chosen not to have her on there is because the environment and the people at this company are incredibly toxic as well as negative and honestly I don't need that in my life. They, in particular, think it's cute and funny to be mean and gossip but I think it's gross, immature and unprofessional.

With that being said, I don't trust that woman because I know she gossiped and made fun of people behind their backs all the time. Being that she is close with my former boss, who I am not on good terms with, I know she and my boss would say mean things about me and cause all kinds of other troubles.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2018, 8:21 pm

d057 wrote:
I once had a "friend" from college who tried to convince me into believing this sob story that his daughter was sick with this supposed ear infection that hasn't gone away for several days. He needed these expensive steroidal medications. I tried to refer him to my church, who would gladly pay the pharmacy directly. He insisted on paying for it with cash, which was the first of many red flags.

I now know he is divorced and his daughter doesn't even live with him. I gave him some money, but, he then kept asking me for more money. So, I blocked him from my Facebook. That was enough of a message to tell him to back off. I haven't heard from him since.

Summer_Twilight wrote:
HistoryGal wrote:

I find it very strange that a former co-worker from that company would contact me when I had gotten into it with both my former boss and my brother. Especially the boss who told me not to contact her family and contact her again.