Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

JSBACH
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Aug 2018, 3:52 pm

Hi everyone,
I have been lurking around on this forum for almost four months, so I decided to create an account. Was diagnosed with Asperger at the age of nine, now as a student in my early twenties I'm starting to accept who I am, and I'm starting to accept and acknowledge my diagnosis. Only recently upon exploring autism literature, I discovered that autism is defining more of my personality than I would have ever thought before: my obsessive interests that did and do lead to extreme levels of proficiency and even a degree from university on my favourite topics, the way I move physically, eye contact, almost complete absence of social life (I only need very minimal amounts), the way I thrive on routine... very stereotypically aspie! Hoping to learn from the experience and advice of others, I look forward to many online conversations! (I guess most of the diagnosed population here on wrongplanet must be almost experts about asd because we're all living with the condition since birth).
I wish you all the best!

Postscript: not a native English speaker, so please assume oddities in writing being mistakes rather than a display of bad manners, arrogance etc.

Kind regards

JSBach

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 3:56 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 7:58 am

JSBACH wrote:
the way I move physically

Funnily enough, a friend of mine once pointed out to me that I have a unique way of moving and carrying myself. I never considered the possibility of it being another AS thing, though.

Anyway, welcome to WP. c:

alex
Developer
Developer

10 Aug 2018, 5:23 am

Also diagnosed at 9. welcome

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2018, 8:04 pm

Welcome JSBACH!

Your English is perfectly understandable and honestly, quite good, no need to worry.

Enjoy the forum!