Do you ever sleep with a teddy bear or something?

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Eviethesloth
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Aug 2019, 5:03 pm

I always have my toy monkey in bed with me i can’t sleep without him.
i’ve had him since i was 1 :)

Peta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2019, 6:59 am

I sleep with Bear mum want to wash it cause it dirty but not let her as not same when washed

troublesomeTome
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Dec 2019, 12:11 am

i sleep with stuffed animals all the time! i tend to switch them out after a while but i've been using the same stuffed cat for a few months now and i love him

simonthesly74
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Aug 2020, 9:44 pm

I slept with 40+ stuffed animals until almost age 13. It should be noted that I actually continued to collect plush toys through 5th grade as part of the way my special interest in animals manifested. After my parents made the decision to put a lot of my stuffed toys into the attic, I began sleeping with a lot less, but to this day when I’m a 17-year-old guy I sill prefer to have a couple to hold in bed.
...wow, is it just me or does that last sentence sound unintentionally dirty.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 1:53 am

I have a body pillow, basically I need to sleep holding something but it can't be a real person because then we both get too hot.

My stuffed cat sits next to my bed watching me sleep like a creep.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 7:04 pm

simonthesly74 wrote:
I slept with 40+ stuffed animals until almost age 13. It should be noted that I actually continued to collect plush toys through 5th grade as part of the way my special interest in animals manifested. After my parents made the decision to put a lot of my stuffed toys into the attic, I began sleeping with a lot less, but to this day when I’m a 17-year-old guy I sill prefer to have a couple to hold in bed.
...wow, is it just me or does that last sentence sound unintentionally dirty.

Same my plushies are the hosts for my imaginary friends Plush, I carry around one as a comfort object. the one in the middle in the second photo. I have more but the rest of mine haven't been brought to maine. (In the process of moving cross country. I used to have hundreds when i was younger too but when i moved to my dads house i lost most of them. I collected more but around 11-12 my dad threw them out. He refused to fund my plushie obsession. However i think he's warming back up to it. :razz:
below are some pictures. :)

Qwerty_Pop
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Mar 2021, 11:45 pm

MHM!! I sleep with a blankey and a small Link plushie (the Link one is the last thing I got from Toys-R-Us before it closed :(. The blankey is a comfort item since I was a baby.)

sixthes
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Nov 2021, 7:32 am

I love sleep next to the wall. :mrgreen:

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 11:05 am

I have a stuffed tiger shark and Komodo dragon that I sleep with. I don’t always cuddle them, but I like to feel them there even if I’m not touching them. I too slept entirely surrounded by stuffed animals into my teen years, but most of them hang out in the basement now. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to bring myself to get rid of any of them.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

OutUponATreeBranch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Nov 2021, 12:01 am

I don't but I know plenty of people that do.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 12:11 am

Not specifically, but I did sleep with my cat a lot growing up...he'd lay on my chest for a bit purring and then would move down to the foot of my bed to sleep, I always did find that comforting.

Then I went to college, and well I did not sleep as good without the cat...college didn't work out so I moved back home and unfortunately while there my cat passed on, he was at least 15 and I think cats tend to live for 15-20 years so he certainly had reached an older cat age but I still miss him.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 12:37 am

I sleep with the blanket I've had since I was a baby. I've done that for my entire life, so I have crap quality of sleep without it.

Nateishere
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Nov 2021, 5:42 pm

I sleep with a cat and a panda.

Sciency_Owen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Apr 2022, 11:32 am

Yes. I have a teddy bear from when I was born, a fish plushy from when I was 5, a dachshund heat pack, a weighted blanket and a recycled T-shirt montage blanket that I sleep with every night.

artisticKoala
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 May 2022, 9:31 pm

Heck to the yeah, i have a stuffed koala, who i've had my whole life. i don't always cuddle him at night, but it's always in my bed, and i find it when I'm upset, and i love stroking its fur, it's very calming

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 9:49 pm

I've got a whole room full of stuffed toys and I sleep with several of them at a time until I decide to switch them with something new. Most of them are modeled after cartoon characters, but I also have ones I made myself.