What stops you from committing suicide?

Page 1 of 9 [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Lone Replicant
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 May 2019, 3:57 pm

I look good. I am much more intelligent than the vast majority of people I know. I am extremely creative. I have a wife that I love. Even so, living in a neurotipical world makes me think of suicide almost every day. I fell that i live in a world dominated by a very primitive tribe and this tribe has fun in stoning and screaming to all those who do not accept their fairy tales. I think of all those who have already killed themselves because they were in the same situation as me. The funny (or pathetic) is that I gave up the last suicide attempt because I felt sorry for my kitten being without me. Obviously I also think about my wife, but in the end, I did not kill myself because of a street cat that we adopted two years ago. I would like to know: what also prevents you from killing yourself? Sorry for the bad english.

Last edited by Lone Replicant on 18 May 2019, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 4:17 pm

Some people tried and failed to commit suicide

They have $$$$ medical bills

Having said that, I don't understand, what is so great about :roll: suicide prevention :wink:

So many people want to live and can't . Because disease, $$, whatever

Why waste $$$ on people that don't want to continue living?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 4:20 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Some people tried and failed to commit suicide

They have $$$$ medical bills

Having said that, I don't understand, what is so great about :roll: suicide prevention :wink:

So many people want to live and can't . Because disease, $$, whatever

Some people have attempted suicide, lived, and went on to have a decent life, eventually, that they were grateful for.

Suicide is not the answer. It’s such a waste!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 4:21 pm

My child and hope

Lone Replicant
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 May 2019, 4:25 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

I totally agree.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 4:28 pm

This thread will probably get taken down if it seems like it’s advocating suicide...

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 4:30 pm

Once my parents pass away, there will be nothing left for me to live for. Unless something happens between now and then.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 4:30 pm

Resumé
By Dorothy Parker
(1893-1967)

Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 4:31 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
This thread will probably get taken down if it seems like it’s advocating suicide...

This thread probably belongs in the haven.

JSBACH
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 May 2019, 4:43 pm

I strongly identify with your post. I also
feel like I don't belong in this world. At the moment I live from day to day. Every day my goal is to make it to the next. Although I don't know how to make you feel better, know that you are not alone in your struggle. Other minorities have come a great way towards acceptance in the last decade. One day it will be our turn!
I send you lots of positive energy :heart: :heart: . Keep fighting (figuratively speaking) and things will get better eventually!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 4:49 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
This thread probably belongs in the haven.
You both may be right. Have you reported it yet?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Lone Replicant
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 May 2019, 4:51 pm

JSBACH wrote:
I strongly identify with your post. I also
feel like I don't belong in this world. At the moment I live from day to day. Every day my goal is to make it to the next. Although I don't know how to make you feel better, know that you are not alone in your struggle. Other minorities have come a great way towards acceptance in the last decade. One day it will be our turn!
I send you lots of positive energy :heart: :heart: . Keep fighting (figuratively speaking) and things will get better eventually!

Thank you. I really wish that day would come soon.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 4:54 pm

Just guessing, but I think his native language is Portuguese and there may have been something lost in translation. The title could have been worded better, I think he just wants to know what keep's people living.

Lone Replicant
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 May 2019, 5:01 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
Just guessing, but I think his native language is Portuguese and there may have been something lost in translation. The title could have been worded better, I think he just wants to know what keep's people living.

You're right. What is the best way to express this idea? Which would be a better title for this post?

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 5:07 pm

Lone Replicant wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

You're right. What is the best way to express this idea? Which would be a better title for this post?

"What do you love about life."

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 5:13 pm

Have you thpught about withdrawing from the NT world?
I actually started to enjoy NT absurdity, somewhat, and can see it as a game to play, ever since I basically reduced my human contact to about two days a week.