Page 2 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 1:54 am

sly279 wrote:
And yet most women won’t dat men who play game and call said men losers
https://www.themodernman.com/relationsh ... games.html

Don't worry about what "most" women think. Worry only about what your kind of woman thinks.

As you've said, most women aren't gamers. It seems to me that if a woman is a gamer herself, then she is much less likely than a woman who is not a gamer to dislike male gamers. Reason #3 in the above article ("She doesn’t share your feelings of excitement or sense of achievement") obviously does not apply to a fellow gamer. Neither does Reason #2 ("It makes her feel neglected") if your interaction with her includes (but is not limited to) camaraderie around one or more specific games that you both love.

Anyhow, as the article also says: "If you want your girlfriend (fiance or wife) to accept the fact that you love gaming, what you need to do is show her that you’re achieving things in this world and you are also paying attention to her." In other words, you need to be making an effort to improve your real life, not just be into gaming -- and that would be true even for a woman who is a fellow gamer.

sly279 wrote:
Seems women mostly play phone games, but guys who play consoles like PS4 past 18 are losers.

One of the articles I linked to in my previous reply to you specifically says that 48% of console gamers are now women. Please read all the linked articles carefully.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 5:07 am

sly279 wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
I was lucky , my female neighbour loved playing Tony Hawks on the PS1 as well as me , our love of gaming brought us together. Our love blossomed from PS1 to Xbox to Xbox 360. We were a force to be reckoned with on the Burnout Takedown Crash Junctions. We no longer play games together due to arthritis in her hands :(

You’re very lucky most women don’t play games.
I’m not even good enough for female friends.

I only have 1 female friend IRL and she's my 1 and only friend - my GF

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 7:44 am

There are avid gamers here who are women.

I don’t play video games at all. The last time I played avidly, most video games were in arcades.

The woman who dumped that guy was unhappy that he seemed more interested in video games than herself. She wouldn’t have minded if the guy was into gaming—as long as he was into HER, too.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 8:40 am

PUBG and Fortnite are popular games among girls; and it's all blood and killing.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 1:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There are avid gamers here who are women.

I don’t play video games at all. The last time I played avidly, most video games were in arcades.

The woman who dumped that guy was unhappy that he seemed more interested in video games than herself. She wouldn’t have minded if the guy was into gaming—as long as he was into HER, too.

This gaming stuff loses me and my ex said that was proof I wasn't a tomboy growing up (no, just not everyone was given a console in the 90s, some of us had to play outside instead).

Idk what the difference between a computer game and a video game is tbh.

I did play computer games at my granddad's though. I think everyone who grew up in 90s or beyond has played and enjoyed some kind of video game.

My cousins looked down on me cos the computer games I liked were all the educational ones. One about a castle, one about inventions, one about the human body and one which was an encyclopedia before Wikipedia.

(I don't think those last two were actually meant to be games though...)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 2:51 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
sly279 wrote:
And yet most women won’t dat men who play game and call said men losers
https://www.themodernman.com/relationsh ... games.html

Don't worry about what "most" women think. Worry only about what your kind of woman thinks.

As you've said, most women aren't gamers. It seems to me that if a woman is a gamer herself, then she is much less likely than a woman who is not a gamer to dislike male gamers. Reason #3 in the above article ("She doesn’t share your feelings of excitement or sense of achievement") obviously does not apply to a fellow gamer. Neither does Reason #2 ("It makes her feel neglected") if your interaction with her includes (but is not limited to) camaraderie around one or more specific games that you both love.

Anyhow, as the article also says: "If you want your girlfriend (fiance or wife) to accept the fact that you love gaming, what you need to do is show her that you’re achieving things in this world and you are also paying attention to her." In other words, you need to be making an effort to improve your real life, not just be into gaming -- and that would be true even for a woman who is a fellow gamer.

sly279 wrote:
Seems women mostly play phone games, but guys who play consoles like PS4 past 18 are losers.

One of the articles I linked to in my previous reply to you specifically says that 48% of console gamers are now women. Please read all the linked articles carefully.

Well I’m permanently disabled and will be on social security rest my life with a max combined income of $1200 a month, so I’ll never achieve anything in life. Gaming is an escape from hell that is my life.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 2:58 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
... am I chopped liver? :wink: :cry:

Well, some of us love chopped liver :lol:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 3:05 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

with some fava beans and a nice chianti :twisted:

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 3:20 pm

And you claimed you are not a food snob :twisted:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 3:28 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

with some fava beans and a nice chianti :twisted:

I'll share with you, Sly and Bender ... but that's where I draw the line.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 3:46 pm

Mrs Ferris says I'm T -total and don't encourage me - bad girl :twisted:

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 3:47 pm

I have some Bordeaux - here's to Lady Isabella and Sly Image

(I know you don't drink, Sly, but here's to your health and happiness Image)

(The ferret and I will take care of that liver now)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 4:23 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Mrs Ferris says I'm T -total and don't encourage me - bad girl :twisted:

How about some great tasting currant tea, for you and Mlle Ferret?

Farunel
Raven
Raven

02 Aug 2019, 2:38 am

What does it say about your personality when you have too many hobbies to keep track but are avidly interested in each one? ... Heh.

I concur with that one poster though. I don't think your hobbies really make the person. But they are important. I can't imagine enjoying being around someone that shares 0 hobbies. Especially when they take over your free time, as they can be prone to.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Aug 2019, 11:13 am

My interests have always been things that I've done by myself. My main interest is spending time on forums & that's how I met both my exes & current girlfriend. However my current girlfriend quit going on them shortly after we got together. I like listening to music a lot but I mostly just listen to it when I'm on computer. I do like playing video-games sometime but most games are one player. I also like watching TV a lot at times but I don't usually go out of my way anymore to watch specific shows. My current girlfriend likes reading, writing, playing video-games, watching TV, & listening to music. We spend a lot of time together but we're not always doing the same thing. For example I'll hang out with her on the sofa while she plays video-games or watches TV. I'm sometimes doing things on my phone while she's doing that. She spends time on her tablet or reads a physical book while siting next to me while I'm watching TV or playing video-games. We do watch some of the same shows together at times thou. I sometimes hang out with her while she's reading, writing, or doing something else on her tablet while she's in her room. Most of the time when she listens to music she is using her earbuds & is listening while doing something on her tablet or when she goes out to places like taking bus rides. We spend time together while doing things like chores too.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 1:01 am

sly279 wrote:
Well I’m permanently disabled and will be on social security rest my life with a max combined income of $1200 a month, so I’ll never achieve anything in life. Gaming is an escape from hell that is my life.

Is there no kind of career or skilled job you could conceivably be good at if it were possible for you to work in a sufficiently autistic-friendly environment?