Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

tooyoungforthis
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Oct 2019, 11:04 pm

I am currently in high school, and I am talking to this guy I really like. He seems to like me back, but he doesn't really understand what I mean when I say I have autism (I'm a female with mild Asperger's). He offers to "train" me so I can flirt; it makes me feel like I'm somehow impaired or clueless. I also have strict boundaries for sexual behavior (I still haven't had my first kiss and I'm 15), and he teases me about it in a playful but also condescending way. He's a really sweet guy, but his attempts to help me interpret social cues are wrong-headed. How do I articulate this in a way that makes sense to him? Does anyone else not have much experience with touching?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Oct 2019, 6:12 am

Maybe something like "I don't want to be better at pretending, I want to be acknowledged for who I am"?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Peta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2019, 6:06 am

He seem bit creepy to me

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2019, 8:26 am

Tell him to read a book

However if you find him "condescending", it might be to your advantage to not date him

But he could have other good qualities that make up for it

Brivae
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Nov 2019, 11:15 pm

tooyoungforthis wrote:
I am currently in high school, and I am talking to this guy I really like. He seems to like me back, but he doesn't really understand what I mean when I say I have autism (I'm a female with mild Asperger's). He offers to "train" me so I can flirt; it makes me feel like I'm some CDC how impaired or clueless. I also have strict boundaries for sexual behavior (I still haven't had my first kiss and I'm 15), and he teases me about it in a playful but also condescending way. He's a really sweet guy, but his attempts to help me interpret social cues are wrong-headed. How do I articulate this in a way that makes sense to him? Does anyone else not have much experience with touching?

Tell him you’re not interested and you appreciate him trying to help, but you would rather refer to your doctor.