Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 2:05 pm

Hi everybody! I was on this forum a while back but real life got in the way unfortunately and I really wanted to come back because I love it here and missed it a lot. So...Hi! Glad to be back and I look forward to chatting again with everybody :D

A little about me: I was diagnosed as a little kid with Asperger's/Autism. I struggled throughout my childhood with trying to fit in and being bullied by both mean people and the people I mistakenly believed were friends. I still struggle and find it hard to keep up with the friends I've found that are genuinely good people and I fear losing them. I'm out of high school now and finishing up a degree in Computer Science and I want to go into Cybersecurity. I really love Doctor Who, The X-Files, and Star Trek and my pets. I have two dogs, two cats, and two fish. I really like reading, music, and crafting a lot too.

That's about it, I'm so glad to be back! :)

My Tumblr

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 6:02 pm

Hi AriaEclipse, welcome back! I've been here less than a year so I wasn't around when you were here before. I was also diagnosed as a kid and had/have difficulty fitting in. Just outta curiosity, what kind of music are you into? My favorite style is 80s arena rock / AOR, as well as some more recent stuff like Coldplay, Linkin Park and the Goo Goo Dolls.

#palestinianlivesmatter

Last edited by Zakatar on 04 Jan 2020, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 6:27 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet! :D

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 7:42 pm

Hi and welcome back :)! I named my 2 cats Mulder & Scully when I lived in Australia ... used to love the X Files! All the best in completing the Computer Science Degree .... good choice and Cyber Security is a highly paid field. What sort of crafts are you into(if you don't mind me asking)? I'm a crafter too ...

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2020, 12:11 pm

Thank you all for your kind messages. When it comes to music, I listen to a lot of different stuff. I really love rock, especially classic rock from the 80's because it's what I grew up listening to as a kid and I also like pop and dance music as well as some newer rock bands. I don't really like Country or Rap a lot, but I have some songs still of those genres even I love.

For crafts, I like coloring and drawing, and I've lately been into making stuff with a Rainbow Loom, I'm working on getting better with bracelets and hoping to make characters soon. I also love oven-bake clay (like Sculpey) and I make characters out of that too.

I really love my major so much. All my classes are currently online and while I was anxious about last semester, I did well and even got a 99 in Trigonometry which surprised me. I'm going into my fourth semester later this month but I've only been going part-time as it has been a struggle at times with me feeling overwhelmed and overly anxious. I think I'm close to graduation though which is both exciting and terrifying at the same time :D

My Tumblr

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2020, 1:46 pm

I see we have similar musical tastes! Good luck on your studies, I also really enjoyed my major when I was at university.

#palestinianlivesmatter

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2020, 2:28 pm

Thank you! I also really hope I can find a job after I graduate too, I'm glad that the job outlook for people with majors in computer science and similar majors is pretty good.

My Tumblr

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 4:38 am

Welcome back

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 12:48 pm

Thank you! Glad to be back :D

My Tumblr