Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2005, 11:40 am

Luther Vandross, one of the greatest singing voices in America, passed away Friday. He was 54 years old.

He had suffered a stroke, and battled it for a long time. He had spent the last few years in a coma. He had survived, but he had never physically recovered.

The reason why I bring this up is because a number of us in this forum have AS. Luther Vandross had gone back and forth from thin to fat in the last few years of his life. I think that one obsession that those of us with AS have is food. Luther really worked up an appetite, and people occasionally referred to him by a very affectionate nickname. Also, those of us Aspies who are married probably had his biggest hit played at our wedding. It was his hit back in 1990 with, "Here and Now."

Also, I thought I would mention that anyone who survives for two years in a coma is remarkable. It touches the hearts of all of us, I am sure. We, as people with AS, do not have a problem with emotionally "touched" expression. The story of Luther Vandross has really moved me. I was glad to see him come back with the song, "Dance With My Father," but unfortunately, there must be a day when a bad thing happens to somebody sometime. Friday was the day.

Luther, we will miss you. Here's hoping there is something special waiting for you in heaven.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2005, 12:42 am

That's very sad. But he's been suffering for a long time. "Dance With my Father" is one of my favriote songs. He's in a better place, now. He may be deceased, but his music will live on, forever. A lot of famous Dead People are making more money, now than they did when they were still alive. I find that very intruging.