Some questions about the moderation team

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Tomatoes
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jun 2020, 6:52 pm

This morning, I wrote a comment in a thread on PPR started by Sweetleaf. The subject of this thread can hurt some people because of its possible implications.

I wrote an honest comment to express myself regarding the subject matter. I did not try to propagate disinformation, nor did I try to incite hatred toward a particular group of people, of nations, or geographical locations.

But, I found out that my comment was censured. A large part of it got removed. I have no problem with a moderator removing problematic parts of my comments. The problem I have it this:
The editorializing made by the moderator is his/her personal choice. But as I said, the comment I wrote was honest with my values and comprehension with the subject matter. The edited comment is not a comment I would have written in this specific situation when I wrote my original comment. Therefore, it is my duty to request that the moderator insert in my edited comment the mention that my comment was edited without my overseeing, and therefore as a whole, this new comment does not represent my values and comprehension of the subject matter of the topic in question.

It is really unfortunate that the behavior of one (rogue?) moderator here is enough to impede my trust in Alex Plank's board. I would like an apology, or at least, the implementation of the proposed resolution dans les plus bref délais.

Merci.

Last edited by envirozentinel on 06 Jun 2020, 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.: title of thread is against the rules

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 7:05 pm

If you don't want your post's to be modified I suggest you stay within the rules and stop blaming the mods for doing their job which is to moderate this forum. If you don't like the edited version, perhaps you could request that the post be deleted or edited so it says nothing at all.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 7:09 pm

Sadly, this crap is all too common, here. The worst part is those who belong to the cult of radical leftist ideology get preferential treatment.

The two worst offenders are Walrus and XFG. They need to permanently retire.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Tomatoes
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jun 2020, 7:14 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
If you don't want your post's to be modified I suggest you stay within the rules and stop blaming the mods for doing their job which is to moderate this forum. If you don't like the edited version, perhaps you could request that the post be deleted or edited so it says nothing at all.

You do not understand the purpose of this thread. If the moderator erase my comment completely, fine.

But right now I cannot do it myself because the thread is locked.

If you had the agency to understand the event that got me upset, you would then recognize that it's the use of my likeness in the form and shape of my avatar, username, and account here, to make me say things I did not say. I consider that removing parts of my comment to only keep what the moderator likes, is contrary to the message I tried to express, which was the complete original comment.

I said, and I say it again : if there's nothing wrong with what the moderator did, then why hiding from others that my comment was edited by a moderator ?

The last sentence of my original comment is this : "The truth doesn't need to be protected. The truth is the protection."

Your post implies that my comment was edited because I broke some rules of this board. Then, how do you explain that this last sentence was removed ? Do you really condone a board that censor even that sentence ?

And, I don't "blame the mods", I am just affirming the right to me respected in my autistic individuality.

If you don't like divergent communications from the lines of the party, then I will inform you that Wrongplanet if a board for autistics, Aspergers, and others with, or identifying with the neurodiversity movement.

Thank you, pis passe une bonne fin de soirée.

Tomatoes
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jun 2020, 7:18 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Sadly, this crap is all too common, here. The worst part is those who belong to the cult of radical leftist ideology get preferential treatment.

Seems that I will do like Sweetleaf. I will eventually take a break from Wrongplanet.

I still have my original comment. I have saved the whole discussion.

I have many venues to express myself. It's a shame that shameless "leftists" are destroying communities for the sake of just sacking everything for everyone.

I cannot reason with them. Their emotions is their reality. My reality is more rich than some empty affects.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 7:19 pm

"

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Last edited by VegetableMan on 05 Jun 2020, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 7:20 pm

Tomatoes wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

You do not understand the purpose of this thread. If the moderator erase my comment completely, fine.

If you had the agency to understand the event that got me upset, you would then recognize that it's the use of my likeness in the form and shape of my avatar, username, and account here, to make me say things I did not say. I consider that removing parts of my comment to only keep what the moderator likes, is contrary to the message I tried to express, which was the complete original comment.

I said, and I say it again : if there's nothing wrong with what the moderator did, then why hiding from others that my comment was edited by a moderator ?

The last sentence of my original comment is this : "The truth doesn't need to be protected. The truth is the protection."

Your post implies that my comment was edited because I broke some rules of this board. Then, how do you explain that this last sentence was removed ? Do you really condone a board that censor even that sentence ?

And, I don't "blame the mods", I am just affirming the right to me respected in my autistic individuality.

If you don't like divergent communications from the lines of the party, then I will inform you that Wrongplanet if a board for autistics, Aspergers, and others with, or identifying with the neurodiversity movement.

You agreed to the rules as soon as you posted.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 7:23 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
Tomatoes wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

The only problem is the rules are not applied equally.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 7:27 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
Tomatoes wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

Sounds more like an opinion than a fact. It is my understanding that the mods work as a team to keep this place civil and try to be fair even if it may be biased.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 7:34 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
Tomatoes wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

Sounds more like an opinion than a fact. It is my understanding that the mods work as a team to keep this place civil and try to be fair even if it may be biased.

I've already proven it to be a fact in the "antifa" thread. I highly recommend checking it out.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 7:49 pm

I have only been on this site for a month, but so far I've thought the moderators were doing their jobs just fine? They're the least clique-y and most levelheaded mods I've seen on a platform in awhile. I've even seen people complain that the mods are too lenient sometimes. I don't even think people are supposed to be swearing on here (unless I've read the rules wrong) and people do slip out swears once in awhile, and it seems that it can take quite a few pages of responses before mods will shut down threads over being derailed into arguments, so they're obviously attempting to give people the time to be civil and work things out themselves.

It's entirely understandable that you would have preferred to have your reply removed entirely or have a notice that it's not your wording, but I don't get why the moderators in general have to be attacked over this. The mods are even letting themselves be treated like this and on other platforms continuous arguing with mods would be a quick ban, whether the mods are biased or not.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 2:53 am

VegetableMan wrote:

I have never had a problem with XFG.
But as I have said before about the political leaning here,
Well you know. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 2:58 am

Tomatoes wrote:

I was told this wasn't possible.
Somebody's pants are on fire. 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 3:02 am

blackicmenace wrote:
Tomatoes wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

You continually miss his point.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 3:07 am

VegetableMan wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
Tomatoes wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

Some people see it that way. <shrug>

Since we are talking about "The System", rather than individuals, I am assuming it isn't a problem bringing issues into the spotlight?
Surely feedback isn't against the rules?

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 3:38 am

^I've posted feedback and ideas at different points in time, though usually when there is or has been a "situation". Of note though, even if I'm emotionally outraged, I dont put my own lack of emotional regulation onto anyone else. People need to own their emotional states and not put that responsibility onto others.

I mean it's a community approach and I like the idea of active citizenship, part of that is discussion, feedback that works both ways.
One thing that I find repugnant, more so than biased censorship is the attack style of "feedback", its unacceptable to treat volunteers in this way.

It achieves nowt but bad outcomes.

Honestly I think its best to air things in the open, accountability for all. At this point protecting individuals may have swung too far and could be causing harm to the whole, including the voluntary mod team.

We see inconsistencies, they see individual private details that cant be made public.

Feedback that works both ways could be a better way to address issues, it certainly would provide context and help WP citizens to understand how the rules have been applied and not be swayed by the abuse of populist approaches.

This could give space back to the genuine grievances to be dealt with openly.