Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2020, 2:01 am

Unfortunately we can get hung up on things we feel we should have done.
But "should" is a shaky concept. There's no necessity to achieve anything in life in an objective sense, it's perfectly acceptable to just be oneself. It's easy to lose sight of this concept in the modern, competitive world.

The trick is to not care what others do or think. Just carry on being yourself, and do the things you like to do in the moment. Practice mindfulness, and take pleasure in every detail of whatever you are doing.

I've written novels that have never been and probably will never be published, and since I've had years of writer's block. But if that's the way things are, so be it. Getting upset about it doesn't help. I've learnt to pretend I'm taking a break from writing and carry on with my life.

Every night breaks on a new dawn.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2020, 3:27 am

Basil342 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Are you willing to share any of your work? Hopefully some interest from others will help revive your interest.

I'd also be interested in seeing some of your work. I wrote songs when I was in my early 20's and had never done anything with them since I am not musically inclined. Which gave me writers block. I eventually showed my brother some of my work since he was in a band. For a few years we co-wrote a lot of songs/poems. It was nice having someone read it for what it was and give me a little nudge. Maybe the same could be true for you.

seconded, i would also like to see some of your work mark. you at least have been trying at the guitar for years, i gave up after a matter of months. :| it's good that you're still sticking with it.

i remember telling you in few threads that you should keep trying to draw no matter what, but i was not aware you had motor issued in your hands. really throws a wrench into the works, huh? i was not aware.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Pip007
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jul 2020, 10:11 pm

I have tried so many things all of which have come to nothing. In most cases I have not been able to push things to the next level because it would involve 'selling myself', finding contacts, being social, etc. all of which is not going to work for me.
I've always wanted to be able to create a product or service that is so impressive that just having it there will attract custom but in reality these days anything I do will need hard selling, which is where I fall down or lose motivation.