Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 12:55 pm

There a fire near my town, it is pretty bad. Some people evacuated already in my town. I packed last night, my suitcase is in my living room with my cat carrier. This is making me sick.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 12:58 pm

I'm sorry you are going through that.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 1:39 pm

Hang in there Kitty. If you have to evacuate, you have to evacuate. So take it one minute at a time.

Be sure to take with you photo ID, passport if you have one, birth certificate, any insurance papers you have. Photos you can't live without.

(((Kitty)))
:heart: :heart: :heart:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 1:41 pm

I’m sorry you’re going through this.

I hope you don’t have to evacuate.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 2:01 pm

We also have fires here in Oregon as well and last night, the smoke blew into our city making the sun light looking weird. Then it got very smokey and it smelled like a campfire and I couldn't even be outside for a minute without my eyes feeling a burn. Then it all blew away by the wind over night.

Just imagine how it was before people had proper indoors. I can imagine people either got sick or they suffered or died from the smoke because of no shelter. Now we have buildings and houses with thick walls and air ventilation and it protects us from smoke.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 3:16 pm

washington too - the entire west coast is on f*****g fire all the time. smoke and the unmistakable smell of wildfire on vashon as well. we all f****d it up - this is what we have to look forward to.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 3:24 pm

I hope auntblabby is OK :(

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 10:00 pm

The Southern California Fire was started by idiots at a ‘Gender Reveal’ party.
They were shooting real bullets from a real gun at a target set up for the party.
The target was packed with a pink or blue powder.
The target was also packed with gunpowder, which exploded, as planned, when bullets hit the target; great show!
We have lost over 10,000 acres, two firefighters are hospitalized, I don’t know how many are homeless, lost EVERYTHING, but the party people got a good show!

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 10:29 pm

Sylkat wrote:
They were shooting real bullets from a real gun at a target set up for the party.
The target was also packed with gunpowder, which exploded, as planned, when bullets hit the target; great show!
We have lost over 10,000 acres, two firefighters are hospitalized, I don’t know how many are homeless, lost EVERYTHING, but the party people got a good show!

So, anybody still not convinced that we are a nation of narcissists? I feel sorry for all those poor people...

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 10:55 pm

I’m safe for now, parts of my town are worse, they live near the mountains. I’m worried about the wildlife animals.

kitten_caboodle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Sep 2020, 10:58 pm

Sylkat wrote:

But more importantly, was it a boy or a girl? smh :?
I hope the people are held liable for being such boneheads.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2020, 11:46 pm

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Sylkat wrote:

So, anybody still not convinced that we are a nation of narcissists? I feel sorry for all those poor people...

it is completely full of narcissists. there's no limit to the absolutely contrived BS that people will do for likes and attention on social media.

all over the internet i'm just looking at comments by sociopathic shut-ins wishing harm on the "leftist coastal libs" and other unhinged nonsense directed at the people who are suffering - disregarding or not even aware that it's the small towns and more conservative areas that are being disproportionately affected
apparently all the states with an actual economy and with anything going for them besides corn and fentanyl isn't "real america"?
i never got that

i feel really bad for the kid. hard to imagine a worse start in life then immediately being resented because your birth is associated with something that personally affected many people negatively

THIS COUNTRY IS HELL
WE LIVE IN HELL

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 4:55 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Sylkat wrote:

Make that idiots, jackasses and narcissists, and I’ll gladly agree.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 5:24 am

I’m glad you’re okay, Kitty.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 2:25 pm

I hope for a safe outcome.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 7:36 pm

It's REALLY smoky where I'm at. Pretty scary. They've evacuated some of the county. Haven't heard of evac where I'm at, and not sure where I'd go or how I'd get there. Pretty sure we're basically surrounded (although I think the closest active fire is a little over 40 miles away). Trying to get a bag packed. Trying not to freak out.
Crazy orange sky all day today. Got pictures earlier. Surreal. Kind of like wearing orange tinted goggles. Everything looks the wrong color. Streetlights were on pretty much all day.