Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 10:24 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
I was told changes and improvements were made to WP as far as personal attacks, bullying, trolling, baiting, antagonizing and rule breaking that drove so many away.

But I'm constantly seeing the same behavior from the same people who have always dished it out the most.

I feel like coming back here was a mistake.

Oh, you silly, silly man. :mrgreen:

I'm sorry you feel that way.
It has gotten better for me, but I guess I don't predominantly go where you do. <shrug>

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 10:36 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
I find that WP is the opposite to everything you mentioned, unless you're only talking about PPR, which I'd advise you to stay away from. Give me a few examples of which sections contain personal attacks, bullying, trolling, baiting, antagonizing and rule breaking.

And don't use the kafkatrap, saying that I'm giving a personal attack or whatever, because I'm not. I'm just curious as what you mean, because I've been a member here for 10 years and I find that the mods are pretty quick at dealing with things before they get out of hand, and most of the time I find people here supportive and empathetic.

And welcome back by the way. :)

I've hardly been in PPR. What I'm talking about is all over the place. Someone was telling me things were better here in a non political thread practically at the same time someone was trashing them in that tread.

You know that I'm saying things that many others have already said before.

I just needed to get it off my chest as well.

I got a tongue lashing, the other day.
I found it amusing.
But then, I am pretty much emotionally bulletproof.

Why do you care if a silly billy has a problem with you?
If they are breaking the rulz, the mods will be onto them.
There is more egalitarianism now than there used to be.

BTW, I prefer bad behaviour towards me left in public view.
It reflects badly on the person who is being unreasonable.
But hey, that's me. 8)

I have, in the past, asked the mods *not* to edit/delete a personal attack on me, but they always do anyway. <sigh> :roll: :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2020, 10:39 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
magz wrote:
I meant don't go into "you're wrong" - "no, you're wrong" - "no, you're wrong and bad" - etc.
But I see you avoided this trap :)
Thank you :)

You're wrong

No, *YOU* are. :mrgreen:

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2020, 1:51 am

League_Girl wrote:

What I see here is:

Be an anti Trump, you are baiting and trolling and bullying.

Be Pro Trump: you are not baiting and trolling and bullying.

This is a kafka trap. Screw it. Let them feel this way and think there is a conspiracy behind those comments. You can't win. We're trapped. It's either we agree with the right wing or were are bullies and trolls. :roll:

I think this is what the actual "trolling" and "bullying" and "personal attacks" are. Being a anti Trump and anti right wing. Maybe we can throw it back at them and accuse them of the same thing and pretend there is a conspiracy behind any right wing comments here so we can play the victim here. :lol:

Some of the best contributors on WP have been anti-trump.

Most anti-trump members have not been the problem in any way whatsoever.

The problem is how a handful of people have conducted themselves over the years as WP crumbled away.