Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 12:17 pm

At the bottom of this thread, under "Similar Topics," I now see a link to this thread, which, when clicked on, says "The requested topic does not exist."

Moreover, on the thread containing the link, the nonexistent thread is identified as having a post by "Guest" with a date of "31 Dec 1969" (the beginning of the Unix epoch -- long before Wrong Planet existed, much less any post thereon).

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 12:54 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
At the bottom of this thread, under "Similar Topics," I now see a link to this thread, which, when clicked on, says "The requested topic does not exist."

Moreover, on the thread containing the link, the nonexistent thread is identified as having a post by "Guest" with a date of "31 Dec 1969" (the beginning of the Unix epoch -- long before Wrong Planet existed, much less any post thereon).

I'm pretty sure that indicates a thread that did relate but no longer exists.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

18 Aug 2021, 6:57 pm

A removed thread normally still exists, but in an area accessible only to moderators. If a link to such a thread is still accessible to members they will see a "can't be accessed" (or words to that effect) error message when clicking the link.
This situation can arise where a thread has been removed by a moderator but the link for it is accidentally left in place.

But going by the date, which couldn't ordinarily exist here for the reasons Mona gives, I think this is a thread that was trashed or corrupted out of existence, possibly during the move to the new version of the forum software, leaving its date/time according to the database effectively zeroed - which is also the numeric representation of the start of the Unix epoch: January 1st, 1970 at 00:00:00 UTC.