Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Sep 2021, 9:04 am

When I get my period, it's not private. Everyone in my support group also has to know. My moods get worse during my period and my schizophrenia symptoms get worse.

I cant handle the cramps and I have sensory overload because of it. Also I still need assistance with pads and tampons which is super embarrassing. I should know by now. I'm 20. My younger sister is better at handling hers.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2021, 9:14 am

Ah, that sounds troublesome. If it causes you a lot of stress and other problems, could you talk to a gynecologist in order to get on the pill? For some women, it stops periods completely, and even for those that it doesn't, it often makes it easier to handle with lighter bleeding or less bleeding days.

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Sep 2021, 10:15 am

Fireblossom wrote:
Ah, that sounds troublesome. If it causes you a lot of stress and other problems, could you talk to a gynecologist in order to get on the pill? For some women, it stops periods completely, and even for those that it doesn't, it often makes it easier to handle with lighter bleeding or less bleeding days.

Yeah. Its frustrating. I will ask about the pill because I want to have less stress during my period. Some people are worried about me going on the pill though. They think it means I'm going to be sexually active.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2021, 8:34 am

^ Do these people not know that the pill is also used to make periods easier to handle? If not, explain it to them. Also, a common side effect for being on the pill is a lower sex drive, so the user, if single, is actually less likely to have sex. You could point that out, too.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2021, 7:11 pm

My mood is very much impacted by my cycle. As I got older it got less painful and messy. I was just looking at herbs my friends use to stabilize their moods, but they are estrogen-like and I don't want to risk it (cancer-causing in my family). I also had a younger sister who handled all that better and probably still does. I can offer understanding and empathy, but not solutions. Hugs.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 6:19 am

What type of support group needs to know that? If there support then why don’t they show you how to do it and make sure you know how to do it. Wtf. I don’t use tampons cause I don’t like leaving something in my vagina due to toxic shock syndrome. A girl I knew left her tampon in for longer than 4 hours and she had to go to the hospital to get it removed. It can kill you and just isn’t practical and I still have to wear one. But I used to use a sponge for sex but it takes forever to take it out. And I don’t think it’s healthy due to the material. It’s just a simple sea sponge. Pads are super easy, just stick and boom good to go. Much less dangerous and stressful. Even when I wear a tampon I still have to wear a pad. I don’t rely on it and you can’t sleep with them in.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 6:21 am

Stop comparing yourself to one person. There’s billions of women in this world.