Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Maeko
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2023, 12:09 am

LoopyBanana wrote:
I'm bullied all the bloody time at school and the teachers do f all about it. My dad doesn't care to help anymore. Was anyone else bullied or are you bullied still? How do you cope with it? Is there anything I can do to make things easier?

I don't think I can protect anyone but myself most times. I sometimes think they are probably within reason though. I cope through isolation and escapism. When the present gives you s**t, more t o the past or future. I don't like my habits though.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2023, 11:00 pm

LoopyBanana wrote:
I'm bullied all the bloody time at school and the teachers do f all about it. My dad doesn't care to help anymore. Was anyone else bullied or are you bullied still? How do you cope with it? Is there anything I can do to make things easier?

I can tell you that fighting definitely doesn't work. I lost track of the number of kids I beat the snot out of when teachers weren't interested in putting a stop to it. And there was pretty much always another snot nosed brat that was next in line.

The main viable strategies are likely to collect as much documentation about what is going on and when and/or work with a therapist to develop better strategies for mitigating the damage that might come of the bullying. In most cases, bullies will move on if they aren't having an impact, but there are so many issues with that as a strategy.

It is worth noting that both assault and battery are illegal. They don't need to make contact for it to be assault and any sort of offensive contact can potentially be battery, even if it's indirect like breathing on your or throwing things. The more you document what's going on, the harder it is for the relevant authorities to ignore the problem.

Maeko
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2023, 1:15 am

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
LoopyBanana wrote:

I can tell you that fighting definitely doesn't work. I lost track of the number of kids I beat the snot out of when teachers weren't interested in putting a stop to it. And there was pretty much always another snot nosed brat that was next in line.

The main viable strategies are likely to collect as much documentation about what is going on and when and/or work with a therapist to develop better strategies for mitigating the damage that might come of the bullying. In most cases, bullies will move on if they aren't having an impact, but there are so many issues with that as a strategy.

It is worth noting that both assault and battery are illegal. They don't need to make contact for it to be assault and any sort of offensive contact can potentially be battery, even if it's indirect like breathing on your or throwing things. The more you document what's going on, the harder it is for the relevant authorities to ignore the problem.

*likes*

*they can be such scary people*

*some police are willing to let certain people slip if they feel their methods are intelligent*

*people with crowbars can be scary*

*I don't mind being in certain violent parts of the city though*

*I have no interest in power debates*

*I have nightmares sometimes though*

*to tomorrow gl

Maeko
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2023, 1:26 am

I think certain people would look nicer with bunnies and log log houses built around them sleeping but I think I no longer idealize that vision.

The medium is not really good.

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Nov 2023, 6:02 pm

I read an article recently where they were considering putting cameras in the hallways to combat bullying.

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2023, 1:26 pm

The world is thick with hatred lately.
If we can't stop the bullying or the wars the future looks bleak.