Page 9 of 9 [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2024, 5:02 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Henry Ford said "customers can buy any color car they want from me. As long as its black". The model Ts were all black.

Smart man, Henry!
Thanks for the song.

I'm not sure I've learnt anything today.

Ohhhh actually I did!
It's about Philosophy education, but it's a secret. :lol:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2024, 6:20 pm

Experimented with my little toy sized 10 inch electric chainsaw,... used to do the candle heater thing for awhile as a special interest....but the candle stubs had little use, and. ,i did not have a set up for candle making . So poor candle stubs ,big ones too. 3 hr candle stubs..So took them over to my little chain saw.. And rubbed it along the side of the blade on both sides. after lubricating it , unless ,has a auto oiler .. And this little toy saw has never let me down .
Made sure i repeated the waxing treatment . If I was cutting thicker ,piece of wood.
Cutting 14 inch wide fallen branches...And then got some miwaukee battery adaptors so ,its batteries did not get outdated .Milwaukee to Ryobi ... what a neat thing to learn.. about cutting through wood ,so mych nicer..with wax addition..fo not know if its tight but it works . :D ,Plus I never knew these adaptor existed. 8O

where ever you go ,there you are

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2024, 6:53 pm

I learned that my mother didn't know until very recently that bears live in India. I asked her if she remembered Baloo the bear from The Jungle Book, which takes place in India, and she said she thought they just added a bear to the cast of characters and that they weren't native to the country.

But it's true, many animals in North America have relatives in Europe and Asia. Like the North American beaver.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2024, 6:24 pm

That although I don't wear fur suits, I am most definitely a furry. :(

And I got that way not because I simply like animals, or anything else that might not make me a freak, but because as a child I was brainwashed by Disney. And Loony Tunes.

And even Aesop's Fables, which were around many years before animated cartoons were ever invented.

And the Muppets, how could I forget them? Kermit, Fozzie, Piggie, Big Bird, Sprocket the dog. All animals. How deeply shameful. :(

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2024, 11:50 am

Yaaah furries.. been to one convention in my life.. Was great fun ..The costuming was great .

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2024, 12:40 am

I learned how to type with one finger on my phone, I’m slow at it, but I can do it.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2024, 8:56 pm

Apparently it's "woke" for Tim Horton's to have changed the lids on their coffee cups, which is not a good thing.

Okay fine, why not? After all it's also "woke" to *not* litter the city with the empty cups by throwing them out your car window, which is also wrong even though I've seen people it doing for decades and hate it. :roll:

Only a couple of weeks ago I learned it's extremely "woke" to dislike french fries that are soggy. And to give the diner where you ate them a poor rating because of it. Seriously the owner of the diner accused the reviewer of being woke and called them a bunch of slurs just because they like their fries crispy, like most people do.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2024, 9:27 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
Apparently it's "woke" for Tim Horton's to have changed the lids on their coffee cups, which is not a good thing.

Okay fine, why not? After all it's also "woke" to *not* litter the city with the empty cups by throwing them out your car window, which is also wrong even though I've seen people it doing for decades and hate it. :roll:

Only a couple of weeks ago I learned it's extremely "woke" to dislike french fries that are soggy. And to give the diner where you ate them a poor rating because of it. Seriously the owner of the diner accused the reviewer of being woke and called them a bunch of slurs just because they like their fries crispy, like most people do.

Woke is anything any individual conservative doesn't like. :lol:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2024, 2:55 pm

In another thread, I learned .from another poster ,That witch doctors are actually online and soliciting for business through a New poster 1st time posting to this Wrong Planet ..And the Witch " doctor"? actually has his own website. On the USA accessible market.
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O ..????

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2024, 2:59 pm

Jakki wrote:
In another thread, I learned .from another poster ,That witch doctors are actually online and soliciting for business through a New poster 1st time posting to this Wrong Planet ..And the Witch " doctor"? actually has his own website. On the USA accessible market.
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O ..????

Spellcasters are masters of all the dark arts except advertising and SEO. :nerdy:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2024, 4:38 pm

US Soldiers during WWII would sometimes take the teeth, ears, or even the skulls of Japanese soldiers as trophies.

You've got to love the way war has dehumanized hundreds of thousands of people because they're seen as "the enemy". They don't see them as people who think and feel and are no less human then they are. :( Which is ironic, because it's why I hate humans. :evil:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 10:44 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
US Soldiers during WWII would sometimes take the teeth, ears, or even the skulls of Japanese soldiers as trophies.

You've got to love the way war has dehumanized hundreds of thousands of people because they're seen as "the enemy". They don't see them as people who think and feel and are no less human then they are. :( Which is ironic, because it's why I hate humans. :evil:

And people whom have done these tjings are ,most likely never held to account for desecreting the dead .?
but in War in order to get humans to do things ,they might not normally do as a human bring ..
And it is opposing governments that encourage this mentality. But the concept that this is being trained into humans , does cause one to consider the methods of people pulling the strings in anybodys, War mongering Givernment . :twisted:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 10:48 am

Today I learned that no matter how much I try to rearrange my work space I always end up putting it back to how it was originally (sometimes within minutes)

So I'm learning to just leave it how it is

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 11:35 am

lostonearth35 wrote:

Ironically they didn't engage in such trophy collecting from German soldiers, and yet we're not supposed to consider racism as being a significant motive.

LittleBeach
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Yesterday, 1:35 pm

Today I learnt that getting a tattoo can cause your lymph nodes to change colour