Page 5 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2024, 10:06 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Animals eat their own babies sometimes and if there is something wrong with one of them, the mother either eats it or pushes it out of the litter. But hamsters will eat their baby. To this day i wonder if our female dog killed her puppy that was a runt of the litter and wouldn't really nurse because he was found in a pool of blood coming from its face. I also wonder if she was even pushing that puppy away.

I went thrught something similar with my first cat, I was a teenager, I didn't know she was pregnant, she gave birth to 5 kittens in my lining closet, the runt of the litter, she wasn't nursing, her neck was so thin, it looked like a lollypop. I helped her nurse, I held her head until she nurse, my mom helped, she gave her a bottle of milk. I had to pushed the other kittens away so I could help the youngest kitten, weeks later, she got stronger, she was drinking milk from her mommy :D :heart: She even looked like her, I named her Jessica.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2024, 10:42 pm

I learned today that I can charge my iPhone from my laptop :D :heart: I can charge my iPad too from my laptop :heart: :heart: I can save electricity :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2024, 11:18 pm

Today I learned how fun it can be to work on my hobbies in the evening. I painted Om Noms onto heart-shaped canvases and heart characters on round canvases.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2024, 3:48 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I learned today that I can charge my iPhone from my laptop :D :heart: I can charge my iPad too from my laptop :heart: :heart: I can save electricity :D

If you do that you need to power up laptop sooner. So it doesnt "save electricity".you're just robbing peter to pay paul.

Its like siphoning gas out of your car to fuel your lawnmower. You may save time, but you dont save gas. It just means you have to take your car to the gas station a little sooner than normal because you siphoned a gallon out of it for the lawnmower .

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2024, 3:50 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've found out that John Banner's birthplace is now part of Ukraine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bann ... an%20actor.

Banner was born 28 January 1910[2] to Jewish parents in Stanislau, Austria-Hungary (now Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine). He studied for a law degree at the University of Vienna, but decided instead to become an actor.

I've been with Ukraine all along without even knowing it.

Yes. Both Sgt. Schultz and Col. Klink, were played by refugees from the Holocaust.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2024, 6:22 am

That I'm a leftover Weasel from WWII. I've always felt as though I was a Weasel trapped in the wrong body. I weaseled my way out of the f*****g pink prison of hell in the January of 2016 when I proudly started wearing hats that look like the Stahlhelm.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2024, 2:59 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
That I'm a leftover Weasel from WWII. I've always felt as though I was a Weasel trapped in the wrong body. I weaseled my way out of the f*****g pink prison of hell in the January of 2016 when I proudly started wearing hats that look like the Stahlhelm.

Could you show a picture of a Stahlhelm hat please ? if you have the time ? :D

where ever you go ,there you are

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 6:18 pm

Jakki wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

It just your basic German infantry helmet of WWII that everyone has seen in the movies.

What these guys are wearing:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 6:54 pm

Today I found out that The Kinks got kicked out of America for acting like a bunch of Cockney Rebels to put it lightly. Here's a video on why The Kinks were banned from America for 4 years.

I knew The Kinks were acting badly but I didn't know they were acting this badly. Whatever....they're still my favourite band. Carry on.

Last edited by CockneyRebel on 23 Jan 2024, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 9:12 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Jakki wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

It just your basic German infantry helmet of WWII that everyone has seen in the movies.

okay thank you ..thought it was some kinda shiney Pointy topped, pith hat or something. Tonight was told that
was a WW1 thing.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 9:39 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Jakki wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

It's the type of helmet that Schultzie wears. :heart:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2024, 11:45 pm

Jakki wrote:
okay thank you ..thought it was some kinda shiney Pointy topped, pith hat or something. Tonight was told that
was a WW1 thing.

You're thinking of the picklehaube, which was replaced by the stahlhelm.

Pith hats are more typically British, especially in India and Burma. They're ultimately derived from Filipino hats called salacots, via the Spanish.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 12:35 am

Just thinking about what Cockney Rebels The Kinks were when they were starting out makes me want to use Mick Avory as an avatar. :twisted:

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 1:23 am

Today I learned that WorldRemit.com, a currency conversion service, don't give a damn about people who don't have smartphones. They've just made it impossible for me to convert pounds sterling into dollars without one. And I don't have one.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 10:52 am

Today I learned Aspies are a living repository of all sorts of Knowledge ..... 8O :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 9:04 pm

Today, I've learned that using a musician for an avatar because his band did some horrible things in a country as a way if rebelling against their manager is not cool. It's also not exactly being a Sweet Pea, either. I'll be using Mick again on his birthday for the right reasons. Doing it the right way could lead to Mick becoming my default avatar. You never know.