Page 6 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 11:50 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Today, I've learned that using a musician for an avatar because his band did some horrible things in a country as a way if rebelling against their manager is not cool. It's also not exactly being a Sweet Pea, either. I'll be using Mick again on his birthday for the right reasons. Doing it the right way could lead to Mick becoming my default avatar. You never know.

Glad to see the Seargant Shultz back with the sweetpea..... :D

where ever you go ,there you are

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 1:12 am

Jakki wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Today, I've learned that using a musician for an avatar because his band did some horrible things in a country as a way if rebelling against their manager is not cool. It's also not exactly being a Sweet Pea, either. I'll be using Mick again on his birthday for the right reasons. Doing it the right way could lead to Mick becoming my default avatar. You never know.

Glad to see the Seargant Shultz back with the sweetpea..... :D

So am I.

I cried myself to sleep when I lay down for my nap when I realized the error of my ways.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2024, 7:38 am

Today I learned that if something on my phone is inexplicably not working (no internet in this case) the fix is the old tried and true: restart it! That's the first thing you learn about using a computer but sometimes it doesn't occur to me that the phone is just a computer.

I couldn't call an Uber because I couldn't figure out how to get the internet to work on the phone, so I had to take the bus plus a long walk and it really wore me out. Now I'll be tired for days.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 10:37 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Reason why Disney games were so hard back in the days was because this was how Disney made money, they purposely made them hard so people would rent them over and over because they got part of the profit if their games got rented. They thought if they made them too easy, people wouldn't rent them again nor buy the game.

Joke's on them, I simply didn't rent their game again if I couldn't make it even past the first level because it was too boring for me.

I loved Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse and Quackshot starring Donald Duck for Sega Genesis, which I owned so I could play them whenever I wanted. I replayed each of them several even after beating them, although Quackshot had some levels that were not only insanely hard but triggered my anxiety of heights and being in wide-open areas while standing on tiny platforms that drop or move constantly. It was not unlike the Wing Fortress Zone in Sonic 2 where I watched Sonic plummet to his doom about a million times.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2024, 10:28 am

Learned that the majority of the middle aged population where I live in this densely populated area of this suburb
Whom are people that parents didnt want to actually raise their children well ..spoiled them .. never moved away from their aged parents houses and just want to engage in purely self gratifying pursuits ...( never developed any work ethic)
and seem to attract others that behave that way and are just hanging out . Engaging in more serious drug use. And it seems like a generation ,has been lost to this behaviour . But I write from a retired persons point of veiw. Wish some of these folk might take advantage of the work support programs available in this city . :roll: .but whom am I to judge

PineappleLobster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Apr 2024, 2:15 pm

Today i learned that not measuring the powdered sugar for the cake glaze can make it way too sweet and that i should taste test the glaze stuff before smothering the entire cake in it

My pronouns are they/them and he/him

~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to send me a PM! :)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2024, 8:57 pm

Jakki wrote:
Learned that the majority of the middle aged population where I live in this densely populated area of this suburb
Whom are people that parents didnt want to actually raise their children well ..spoiled them .. never moved away from their aged parents houses and just want to engage in purely self gratifying pursuits ...( never developed any work ethic)
and seem to attract others that behave that way and are just hanging out . Engaging in more serious drug use. And it seems like a generation ,has been lost to this behaviour . But I write from a retired persons point of veiw. Wish some of these folk might take advantage of the work support programs available in this city . :roll: .but whom am I to judge

Sorry this still sounds judgemental..but i do not get the impression that any of these peeps are Aspies?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2024, 2:50 pm

Superworms can eat styrofoam.

Quote:
Zophobas morio breaks down polystyrene through a two-stage process: first by mechanically shredding the plastic into smaller pieces through chewing, which exposes pieces to oxygen atoms, and then by using bacterial gut enzymes to depolymerize the pieces. Zophobas morio larvae fed a polystyrene diet were more active and managed to gain a slight amount of weight compared to the same type of larvae on a starvation diet.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2024, 2:56 pm

Wow I threw a load of that away last week as well

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 10:20 am

Between 2004 and 2018, 23 World Drivers Championships have been won by someone named Seb in WRC, F1 and Champ Car.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 9:31 pm

Today I learned that love is easier than war. The culture of life is better than the culture of war. The culture of war is part of the culture of death and fear.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2024, 10:02 pm

Dry + vibrato = chorus

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 6:35 pm

I was on TV Tropes and I learned about a British anti puppy-mill PSA for a toy dog called Suzy Puppy. The PSA plays out like a toy commercial where a little girl is very happy to get Suzy, but because Suzy has been cruelly raised in a puppy mill where people only sell puppies for profit, she has all kinds of horrible diseases like conjunctivitis and canine parvovirus, and the little girl gets a lot less happy as Suzy's condition worsens and then she dies and the girl has to bury her. It was pretty disturbing. :(

And then they came out with an official real plush toy of Suzy Puppy, and on the box it proudly says now she has worms!
The toy comes with a birth certificate saying her mother in the puppy mill was killed after Suzy was born, and is only six weeks old (the UK has a law that puppies need to be with their mother for at least eight weeks). She has one bulgy bloodshot eye from conjunctivitis and comes with plush poop because she also has horrible diarrhea (which could be a symptom of parvovirus)

Holy gods.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 6:43 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I learned today that I can charge my iPhone from my laptop :D :heart: I can charge my iPad too from my laptop :heart: :heart: I can save electricity :D

I recently learned that, too! It’s good during power outages.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2024, 4:40 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I was on TV Tropes and I learned about a British anti puppy-mill PSA for a toy dog called Suzy Puppy. The PSA plays out like a toy commercial where a little girl is very happy to get Suzy, but because Suzy has been cruelly raised in a puppy mill where people only sell puppies for profit, she has all kinds of horrible diseases like conjunctivitis and canine parvovirus, and the little girl gets a lot less happy as Suzy's condition worsens and then she dies and the girl has to bury her. It was pretty disturbing. :(

And then they came out with an official real plush toy of Suzy Puppy, and on the box it proudly says now she has worms!
The toy comes with a birth certificate saying her mother in the puppy mill was killed after Suzy was born, and is only six weeks old (the UK has a law that puppies need to be with their mother for at least eight weeks). She has one bulgy bloodshot eye from conjunctivitis and comes with plush poop because she also has horrible diarrhea (which could be a symptom of parvovirus)

Holy gods.

OMG..thst hideous..,hard to be
ieve this product even exists..Products of what kind of mind, would make such a thing ..! :ninja:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2024, 8:18 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I learned today that I can charge my iPhone from my laptop :D :heart: I can charge my iPad too from my laptop :heart: :heart: I can save electricity :D

You may save time. But you dont save "electricity" doing that.

It just means that you laptop has to use more electricity.

Like siphoning gas out of your car into your lawnmower. You dont use less gas. It just means your car has to go to the gas station a little more often. So you use up the same amount of gas.