What are your Special Interests?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jay123
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Mar 2022, 10:38 pm

One of the Defining Characteristics of Aspies and Autistics is an obsession with a certain interest. For me I have 3 obsessions Entertainment [Movies, TV Shows, Books], Politics/History, And Imagining myself in my own perfect world, I hope Virtual reality comes a long way soon so I'm able to make my perfect universe a reality. What are yours?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2022, 2:18 am

My son's is games. Tabletop, board games, computer games, phone apps, etc. He's made his career in the field now.

He also likes computer programming, but in many ways that is also a vehicle to implement his first interest.

He also has been drawn to learn little bits of multiple languages. I think there are 4 now he has various levels of working familiarity with. Learning them seems to be strictly for fun; he much prefers learning from phone apps google resources than taking a class. How language changes and evolves is part of that interest. Again, I see connections to the game and programming interests: they are all mechanisms of expression, communication, story-telling, and connection within a set of rules and structure.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2022, 8:39 pm

Zoology and veterinary medicine