Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2023, 9:38 pm

I don't see why people are so hung up on age. As a theater and film artist, I meet, work with, and maybe even become friends with people of all ages. My current peer group ranges in age from 20 to 73, NT and ND, straight and gay, and multicultural. It's much more interesting this way.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2023, 2:24 pm

When I was a teenager, I associated with my sister and one of my cousins because they were still interested in Disney films. Meanwhile, most of my peers were growing out of those things.

When I was 21, I briefly made friends with a 14-year-old boy who was a bit of a loner and outsider. This was until his family and other people disapproved. However, when I moved to another state and city, my aunt and her friend, who became my adopted Nonnie, were okay with my association with her grandsons who were ages 6 and 9. The main reason was that they were both neurodiverse. Their parents also approved because they were quite neurodiverse themselves.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2023, 2:28 pm

Quantum duck wrote:
Also, there is probably a good reason not to spray paint your car? (Not resale value - all of my cars get driven until they are scrap)

Well, you probably don't want the spray paint fumes lingering in the car. Both the propellant and the volatiles that off-gas as the paint cures.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Quantum duck
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 May 2023, 2:58 pm

I was going to spray paint the outside of the car?

Honestly, one of my fantasies when I was a teenager was to buy a beat up old vw microbus, tape over the glass, and let my campers spray paint it. Then I was going to get in it and drive from the eastern end of route 50 to the western end with my friend. Never did any of that, and the friend’s wife made him cut off contact.